Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: there is 1 way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
there is one way Jags can be a winning team this season. if they were to draft Fred Taylors son. team would win even with worst nfl HC. 

Lol

Just stop posting man.
I thought the only way would be to get The Mullet?
Quote:I thought the only way would be to get The Mullet?
if you had the mullet and Kelvin that would be championship
Did you have you dad look into it for us?
Don't sleep on Chris Ivory.

no i didn't . Just rember how good his dad was. Yeldon,and Taylor would be a great rb duo. 

Ivory, Yeldon and Taylor would make for quite the RB by committee group.

Quote:Ivory, Yeldon and Taylor would make for quite the RB by committee group.

Maybe if it was Fred Taylor circa 15 years ago.
I think it is cool that Kelvin takes the time to post on this board.

Merril Hoge said Kelvin Taylor is the best runner he's seen in years.

Quote:Merril Hoge said Kelvin Taylor is the best runner he's seen in years.

Did he really?
I do think Dave will spend a 6th or 7th rounder on Kelvin Taylor.  Book it.    

Quote:if you had the mullet and Kelvin that would be championship

I think you spelled chumpionship wrong.
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" -WS R&J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gil Brandt from NFL.com wrote;

Running back Kelvin Taylor
-- 5-10 1/4, 212 -- ran the 40-yard dash in 4.6 and 4.65 seconds. He had a 20-yard short shuttle time of 4.2 seconds. He did the three-cone drill in 7.23 seconds. He performed 17 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press. Taylor -- who is the son of former Jacksonville Jaguars running back Fred Taylor -- had an exceptional pro-day workout. He caught the ball well and has good quickness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comparison of Kelvin from his father Fred, Kelvin is 3 inches shorter, 20lbs lighter, Fred Taylor has the following from college;

3 time SEC Championship (94'-96')

First-team All-SEC (1997)

Bowl Alliance National Championship (1996)

Cirtrus Bowl MVP (1998)

Florida-Georgia Hall of Fame

University of Flordia Athletic Hall of Fame

while his son only got to play in Florida.

his father was drafted 9th overall while Kelvin Taylor will probably be drafted in the 5th round (partly because of his father being so good).

I don't know I guess it wouldn't hurt to spend a 5th round pick on him as it will make fans happy, IMO.
Other than injury I don't see any scenario where Chris Ivory isn't the starter on Week 1 until the end of the season (if he's healthy).

Quote:Other than injury I don't see any scenario where Chris Ivory isn't the starter on Week 1 until the end of the season (if he's healthy).
And by "starter" you mean Ivory getting the first hand off? It's a dual RB scheme and both will have even playing time.
Quote:Merril Hoge said Kelvin Taylor is the best runner he's seen in years.

HIGH SCORE says that Kelvin Taylor was not even the best runner on his team last year.
Pages: 1 2 3