Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Will Gus be able to take the Jacksonville Jags to the promise land this season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My biggest question goin in this season is whether gus bradley has what it takes to take us to the promise land, so far from looking at his past record of 12 -36 which is about a 25% winning percentage.

I don't really know.  My biggest gripe with gus is his vanilla playing style.  I believe he plays his vanilla style of play thinking that his back at seattle where seattle was stack with super stars and guys that didn't really need any help from there coach to be great.  I believe we could of win atleast 8 to 9 games this past season, that we lost based on not have strong coaching.  I put up a video on fanzoos.com https://www.fanzoos.com/watch/TIB9UUPFX/...his-season where i share my opinion on whether gus will take us to the promise land or not.

Curently his run out of time and excuses. As a fan base we cant take winning 25% of each game you play as good enough, and we sure cant be in a re-building year every year either.

Its either playoff or bust for me. There is no in betweens.

Wash, btw, was their former DL coach...not Secondary coach.

I don't feel like this defense is all that vanilla. They didn't have the players last year to run the entire defense so that simplified it some, but they've added some players and will hopefully draft what's missing as in a second LEO, a legitimate OTTO and a hard hitting SS.

Offensively you might be underestimating Bortles and the Allens, but they also have Julius Thomas at TE and just picked up Ivory who I feel you'll be very impressed with at RB. The Jaguars OC has them rolling.

What is this "promised land" you are talking about?

Define "promised land".

Where is this "promised land", who is promising it and why is it promised?

Exactly how far must a team go to reach this "promised land"?

Please explain.
It looks like his skill set is best suited to go the other direction
No.
Depends. Have they successfully completed the first brain transplant?

Doubt it.
[Image: 5160027.jpg]

I can't wait to tell the haters I told you so....
Quote:I can't wait to tell the haters I told you so....

Hope you are young.
I think he can get them to 8 wins.

Don't think that qualifies as "Canaan" but it at least gets them to the other side of the Red Sea before they're drowned in it.
The additions to the coaching staff and the roster will have this team turning a major corner this year, and I think that with the Kiffin hire, the defense will get better regardless of what Gus does. 

The thing that I've seen from Gus that maybe we haven't seen from previous head coaches is that he clearly seems to learn from his mistakes, and I think he recognizes his weaknesses.  I don't think he's nearly as bad a coach as some of the MB experts do, and I think that with the right staff around him, he can get this team to a much better level of success than we've seen so far during the Bradley era. 

He saw the issues with the offense following the 2013 season, and he made the necessary adjustments to fix the problem, and look how the offense has turned things around with a new coaching philosophy and better talent.  Hopefully we'll see a similar rebound for the defense with the changes he's made this year. 

So, yeah, I think Gus can get this team to the "promised land" depending on what that means exactly.

Ask Gus in November
I think Gus is a great coach and a perfect fit for this team. So, yea, assuming we have another great draft, which we will, and we don't lose Fowler before he plays a game, yes, absolutely. He will finally have a decent car to drive instead of the old jalopy he had been stuck in.
Quote:What is this "promised land" you are talking about?

Define "promised land".

Where is this "promised land", who is promising it and why is it promised?

Exactly how far must a team go to reach this "promised land"?

Please explain.
He wants nothing to do with any of this "promised land" business.

He wants to know about the promise land. :thumbsup:
Probably not.
Vanilla? Bortles threw for almost 4500 and 40.

Our defense had no LEO but we got sacks by NOT being Vanilla.
Gus is a joke but we may just have enough talent on this team now and in the future for it not to matter

If by promised land you mean Baskin Robbins, then yea he will take them there every Sunday.
Quote:My biggest question goin in this season is whether gus bradley has what it takes to take us to the promise land, so far from looking at his past record of 12 -36 which is about a 25% winning percentage.

I don't really know.  My biggest gripe with gus is his vanilla playing style.  I believe he plays his vanilla style of play thinking that his back at seattle where seattle was stack with super stars and guys that didn't really need any help from there coach to be great.  I believe we could of win atleast 8 to 9 games this past season, that we lost based on not have strong coaching.  I put up a video on fanzoos.com https://www.fanzoos.com/watch/TIB9UUPFX/...his-season where i share my opinion on whether gus will take us to the promise land or not.

Curently his run out of time and excuses. As a fan base we cant take winning 25% of each game you play as good enough, and we sure cant be in a re-building year every year either.

Its either playoff or bust for me. There is no in betweens.
Dairy Queen? 
Pages: 1 2