Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A kit manufacturer question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone help out a relatively new fan (me!) with a kit manufacturer question ?

I know that before Nike, the Jaguars have had other kit manufacturers, but can anyone tell me which manufacturers (Reebok, Champion Sport etc) made the kit for which seasons?
I think I'm losing something in the English to English translation... What exactly is a kit?
Quote:I think I'm losing something in the English to English translation... What exactly is a kit?
Jerseys and other uniform related equipment. 

Nike took over in 2012, before that it was Reebok from about 2001 I think. 
Quote:I think I'm losing something in the English to English translation... What exactly is a kit?

Is "kit" not a thing over there?

Sorry, I meant the clothing the players wear - what's the word I should have used?
Quote:Jerseys and other uniform related equipment. 

Nike took over in 2012, before that it was Reebok from about 2001 I think. 

Thanks

Where does Champion Sport come in ?  (I've seen some jerseys for sale made by them)
Quote:Thanks

Where does Champion Sport come in ?  (I've seen some jerseys for sale made by them)
No idea. Isn't Champion more of an equipment manufacturer? I certainly don't recall any jerseys being made by them.
Quote:Is "kit" not a thing over there?

Sorry, I meant the clothing the players wear - what's the word I should have used?

Uniforms. Americans use kit strictly as a noun to describe dedicated components of hardware, such as a tool kit or a sewing kit.

While in Australia my work partner didn't understand the term fortnight and replied, "No, two weeks." To most Americans fortnight means when someone builds defensive structures in the dark.
Quote:Uniforms. Americans use kit strictly as a noun to describe dedicated components of hardware, such as a tool kit or a sewing kit.

While in Australia my work partner didn't understand the term fortnight and replied, "No, two weeks." To most Americans fortnight means when someone builds defensive structures in the dark.

Well that's just weird.  :thumbsup:
(shrug) 'murica.
Quote:Well that's just weird.  :thumbsup:

"You don't understand. You don't understand because you don't understand liberty. You don't understand freedom. SO YOU PUT A CRACK IN MY ARM LIKE THE CRACK IN THE LIBERTY BELL! YOU HEAR ME?!?!"
[Image: 7c54be3dddf6169b2d5f36d2690f8bb84fcf7120...c30731.jpg]

Quote:Can someone help out a relatively new fan (me!) with a kit manufacturer question ?

I know that before Nike, the Jaguars have had other kit manufacturers, but can anyone tell me which manufacturers (Reebok, Champion Sport etc) made the kit for which seasons?

It's kind of hard to answer that question.  Mr. Google is pretty good about answering though.