Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trade Scenario in honor of the offseason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Were all past that "trade _____ to the patriots" thing, I wanted to propose a hopefully more realistic and sensible scenario that almost certainly wont happen for whatever reason.

Trading Poz.

Now I hear me out. We drafted Myles Jack last year, a move hailed by everyone and their moms as excellent, it was like the tyree catch of our offseason championship win.

But then he didnt play, because we had a guy who played his primary position in our beloved Poz. And I get it everyone loves Poz, good dude and a pretty good player. BUT I think its time we move on from him. Why? Well as already established, we have his replacement. Jack is the future, and his coverage ability will provide a whole new dimension to this defense. But to get to that he needs playing time and live reps, and not snaps at olb. The other factor is Poz age, hes

32. Thats pretty damn old for any NFL player, but its especially old for a guy who plays a position that requires him to run around the field and lay the wood 120+ times a year.

He had a good year last year, his value will never be higher. The coaching staff has already hinted at Jack getting the lions share of things anyway so why not just hand him the keys and usher in a new era while getting something in return for your aging vet instead of watching him retire in a year or so.

Best case scenario we get a late 3rd from a playoff team that could use a solid 4-3 ilb (lions/giants/raiders?/etc) and a 4th-6th otherwise. I know its tough cause we all like the guy but hes the odd man out in the linebacker core and relegating him to rotation/backup until his retirement is a wasted opportunity imo.
Personally, I don't mind trading him, but realistically we're looking at probably getting a 4th or 5th rounder for him. I don't think any team is gonna give us a 3rd for him, playoff team or not. 

Quote:Personally, I don't mind trading him, but realistically we're looking at probably getting a 4th or 5th rounder for him. I don't think any team is gonna give us a 3rd for him, playoff team or not.
the lions are the only one i see as a real possibility, they have nothing at LB besides tahir whitehead whos average at best and plays Will. I just threw the other two out instead of actually just dedicating a section to the lions.
Any movement of Poz would have to be in exchange for significant compensation. Although that presents itself as homerism, what I am actually surmising is that Poz has more value as a member of the Jaguars in the immediate term while. Jack should be a starting LB with Poz on the field and eventually will replace him as the defensive leader. 

This scenario positions the team to be more successful for the time being and leaves no short term gap in talent because the Jags would net a late round pick, Assuming that late round pick is another LB - his likelihood of being an impact player in the long term is very unlikely and therefore not worth letting go of at this point.

If the Jags can net a 1st, 2nd or high 3rd like you propose I would definitely take it

I don't see any scenario where a team offers us a 3rd, 4th or 5th for him.
Quote:Personally, I don't mind trading him, but realistically we're looking at probably getting a 4th or 5th rounder for him. I don't think any team is gonna give us a 3rd for him, playoff team or not.

I agree. I think the Pats only got a 3rd for Collins who is more versatile and five years younger. We would definitely be looking at a day three pick for Poz.
Haha you really think someone is gonna give us a 3rd or a 4th for Poz?

This MB has no limits.

Saints need defense and I don't even know who their MLB is so maybe they would be a contender here?

I don't mind keeping POZ for the mentoring ship of Myles Jack to be one the best linebackers in the NFL.
Poz has no trade value.  

Quote:Saints need defense and I don't even know who their MLB is so maybe they would be a contender here?
The Saints just signed Manti T'eo.
Poz has no trade value.

He's 32 years old and he's slow.

I say keep Poz, move him to SLB, Jack becomes MLB and Smith stays at WLB. win + win + win.
Quote:I say keep Poz, move him to SLB, Jack becomes MLB and Smith stays at WLB. win + win + win.
I agree with this. He can then be hired as a linebackers' coach after he retires. 
They won't get more than a fifth  - plus Marrone and Coughlin love him.

If they were going to trade him - they'd have shopped him already before other teams made moves at LB.  They didn't. 

I think we see Poz in the middle in base and Jack in the middle in nickel this year.  Jack eventually takes over both roles late in the season when Poz is banged up. 

Poz rides off into the sunset in 2018. 

Quote:I don't see any scenario where a team offers us a 3rd, 4th or 5th for him.
Agreed.

Posluszny is in the final year of his contract.  No team is going to trade for him in that scenario.

Also, if you're looking for the poster boy for what Tom Coughlin looks for in his guys, Poz pretty much checks off every box, so it wouldn't be a huge shocker if the team opted to bring him back in 2018 in some capacity as long as his production doesn't fall off a cliff this year.

It's possible to put Poz, Smith, and Jack on the field at the same time.  Jack's lack of playing time last year had a lot to do with who was running the team, and his own inability to pick up the scheme.  That philosophy changed with Gus being fired, so I would expect to see them finding ways to get the three of them on the field more regularly moving forward.
Quote:They won't get more than a fifth  - plus Marrone and Coughlin love him.

If they were going to trade him - they'd have shopped him already before other teams made moves at LB.  They didn't. 

I think we see Poz in the middle in base and Jack in the middle in nickel this year.  Jack eventually takes over both roles late in the season when Poz is banged up. 

Poz rides off into the sunset in 2018. 

They wouldn't even get a 5th.  He has zero trade value.  32, slow, not good in coverage and being in the final year of his deal all equals no trade value for Poz.  

I think you very well may be right in how we see Poz and Jack's playing time sort itself out.  

Quote:Agreed.

Posluszny is in the final year of his contract.  No team is going to trade for him in that scenario.

Also, if you're looking for the poster boy for what Tom Coughlin looks for in his guys, Poz pretty much checks off every box, so it wouldn't be a huge shocker if the team opted to bring him back in 2018 in some capacity as long as his production doesn't fall off a cliff this year.

It's possible to put Poz, Smith, and Jack on the field at the same time.  Jack's lack of playing time last year had a lot to do with who was running the team, and his own inability to pick up the scheme.  That philosophy changed with Gus being fired, so I would expect to see them finding ways to get the three of them on the field more regularly moving forward.

I agree with the bolded.  I have no doubt Poz will be a Jaguar after this year so long as he doesn't take a nosedive in production.  He's a Coughlin/Marrone guy through and through.  

With your last paragraph again I agree.  I think we will see Poz, Smith and Jack on the field at the same time.  No matter what Jack has to be on the field a lot more than he was in 2016 and I expect him to be with the new HC in place.
I really over estimated poz trade value

so lets say 5th at best, and lower. Id probably still

make that trade. He really doesnt hold much value outside of the locker room.
Quote:Poz has no trade value.

He's 32 years old and he's slow.

just celebrated my 32nd bday and i feel the same hahaha
Quote:I don't mind keeping POZ for the mentoring ship of Myles Jack to be one the best linebackers in the NFL.
this, is solid depth as well
Pages: 1 2 3