Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cruz Dominates Wisconsin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just thought I would leave this here for the resident Trumpettes.

Just wanted to let our Trumpettes know that Cruz dominated.  No comments?

Congratulations. He did what he had to do. I think Cruz is a strong conservative aand would make a great president, he's just not my first choice.
By my calculations according to this site.

Delegates needed - 1237

Delegates left - 769

Current Delegate counts

Trump - 743

Cruz - 517

Kasich - 143

I'll leave out other delegates from candidates that have suspended their campaigns.  The key thing to remember here is that it's not about "who won more states" in order to win the nomination, it's about who has more delegates.  Another thing to look at is the fact that Trump has not won a majority of the republican party's vote.  You can look at delegate count, popular vote or any other factor and the fact of the matter is, he loses.

Now a key factor is that it's been put out that the nominee will be someone who is "running".  Put to rest the idea of Paul Ryan being the nominee.  The choice is going to be between Rubio, Kasich, Bush or perhaps another candidate that didn't drop out but suspended their campaign run.  My best guess is that it's going to be Rubio and/or Kasich on the ticket.

Cruz has the chance, but I don't see him getting the GOP backing unless he outright wins the nomination.

The bottom line is, Trump is pretty much gone... except for the media.

Quote:By my calculations according to this site.

Delegates needed - 1237

Delegates left - 769

Current Delegate counts

Trump - 743

Cruz - 517

Kasich - 143

I'll leave out other delegates from candidates that have suspended their campaigns.  The key thing to remember here is that it's not about "who won more states" in order to win the nomination, it's about who has more delegates.  Another thing to look at is the fact that Trump has not won a majority of the republican party's vote.  You can look at delegate count, popular vote or any other factor and the fact of the matter is, he loses.

Now a key factor is that it's been put out that the nominee will be someone who is "running".  Put to rest the idea of Paul Ryan being the nominee.  The choice is going to be between Rubio, Kasich, Bush or perhaps another candidate that didn't drop out but suspended their campaign run.  My best guess is that it's going to be Rubio and/or Kasich on the ticket.

Cruz has the chance, but I don't see him getting the GOP backing unless he outright wins the nomination.

The bottom line is, Trump is pretty much gone... except for the media.

Who is your candidate anyway?
I dominated a vintage Kilmeaden cheese today.

How is that working form in New York?

If Kasich wasn't in the race Trump would have won in Wisconsin & would be leading 70+% in the polls in NY instead of only 50%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican...ries,_2016

Ted Cruz would need 89% of the remaining election delegates to win where as Trump only needs 58%.

Trump has 755 (needs 482) to get 1,237

Cruz has    491 (needs 746) to get 1,237

Kasich can't win would need more than available in the race

Why is Cruz even campaigning in New York? Seems like he would put his storm troopers elsewhere.

Because if they can keep trump below 50% then some of the delegates will go to other candidates. Its coming dine to the wire and 10 delegates could be the difference.
Quote:Who is your candidate anyway?

I've said before many times on this forum.  I supported and backed Marco Rubio with my second choice being Ted Cruz.

Quote:How is that working form in New York?

If Kasich wasn't in the race Trump would have won in Wisconsin & would be leading 70+% in the polls in NY instead of only 50%

Any real evidence of that, or just wishful thinking?

Quote:Why is Cruz even campaigning in New York? Seems like he would put his storm troopers elsewhere.

Well, New York is a proportional state so getting delegates is pretty important.  He did add more delegates today in Colorado.
Its proportionalish. I think winner take most is an apt description. If the final split is 85 trump 10 other it would be a dramatic upset the early predictions are 90 to 5 or trump carrying all 95