Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: China Censors online discussion of Panama Papers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35957235

There's gotta be some real incriminating evidence.  And here we are over here pretty much ignoring it.  

It's pretty sick how much this is being ignored by the corporate media.

Thom Hartman is the only one I've heard talk about the issue so far.
It's a shame some people are more interested in building walls than the tax dodging of the elite
Lol. Weve been pointing out the hypocrisy of big government elites on this issue for a while now. Nice try.

The better question is, when will tge left realize its leaders are talking about raising other peoples taxes and not their own!
Quote:Lol. Weve been pointing out the hypocrisy of big government elites on this issue for a while now. Nice try.

The better question is, when will tge left realize its leaders are talking about raising other peoples taxes and not their own!

Ummmm, you do realize that it isn't just government elites who are using tax havens, right?

This isn't about left vs. right, it's about people who cheat the system and those who don't.
Reddit is trying to break it down.  There is just so much information in these files its going to take a while to comprehend.

https://www.reddit.com/live/wp1fvdxxwb45

Quote:Ummmm, you do realize that it isn't just government elites who are using tax havens, right?

This isn't about left vs. right, it's about people who cheat the system and those who don't.

Yeah not sure how this turned into a left bash
lol...  you bash people on the right who believe in border security and then you are surprised when someone posts a reply?  lol.  That's rich. 

Quote:lol... you bash people on the right who believe in border security and then you are surprised when someone posts a reply? lol. That's rich.

Why do you think everything is left or right? I don't even consider myself left wing anyway. Surely border/market control is more left wing anyway?
Quote:Lol. Weve been pointing out the hypocrisy of big government elites on this issue for a while now. Nice try.

JJ, come on...  You act as though we don't know you. :teehee:

From all the posts of yours that I've ever read, you defend the wealthy and the corporations.  These Panama papers are just another way the liberal commies are trying to redistribute the wealth, in the eyes of "conservatives".  You can't try and flip now and say these tax scams are something you've been against.  You are for less taxes and less regulations that would ensure these shell corporations would continue to exist and prosper.
The system is simply too large to get rid of and the people running the world have no motivation to change it.
Quote:The system is simply too large to get rid of and the people running the world have no motivation to change it.

[Image: 5350316.jpg]
Quote:JJ, come on...  You act as though we don't know you. :teehee:

From all the posts of yours that I've ever read, you defend the wealthy and the corporations.  These Panama papers are just another way the liberal commies are trying to redistribute the wealth, in the eyes of "conservatives".  You can't try and flip now and say these tax scams are something you've been against.  You are for less taxes and less regulations that would ensure these shell corporations would continue to exist and prosper.

Yes, a tax system that cannot be manipulated is what he advocates. That people of every stripe can and do cheat the current system should be the highest impetus to change it, but what folks like Eric, JJ and I push for would take away all of the perks of being in control of the tax code. That means the government gives up power and we all know that is something that will never happen, especially when half the population has been warped to believe that MORE government the solution.
Quote:Why do you think everything is left or right? I don't even consider myself left wing anyway. Surely border/market control is more left wing anyway?

National sovereignty is on the right side of the spectrum and dont pretend that you werent talking about trump supporters.
Also i dont defend corporations. I defend the right of all people and all entities to keep what they earn and that compulsory taxation should only be for the enumerated functions of government operating at the highest levels of efficency to minimize the tax burden.

I ABHORE corporations that dont compete. They just buy political ingluence to use taxes and administrative barriers to ensure their own monopolies. Its a bastardization of true free market capitalism, leads to bubbles and distortions in the market stiffles innovation and limits social mobility.

What i also recognize is that in a macro economic sense capital gollowd the path of least resistance. It is asinine to have a draconian tax sustem more complex than any three phd accountants can understand just to scare away capital and decrease economic growth

We should have a system that attracts capital and allows everyone equal protection under the law.
Quote:National sovereignty is on the right side of the spectrum and dont pretend that you werent talking about trump supporters.

I was talking about Trump supporters...Doesn't make it a left v right issue. Apart from general bigotry what do Trump supporters believe in? They are happy to follow their flip flopping leader who can go left to right on an issue depending on the perceived response.
ya I mean, simply put; money being made in this country or outside this country by American corps but being hoarded offshore is a big problem (has been for a long time) that nobody seems to be able to solve... Or at least people with the power to do something about it don't want to.

I find it funny that Putin is being outed.... As if the elites who run our country don't have offshore accounts.
Quote:It's pretty sick how much this is being ignored by the corporate media.

Thom Hartman is the only one I've heard talk about the issue so far.

Alex jones and drudge talk about it
Quote:ya I mean, simply put; money being made in this country or outside this country by American corps but being hoarded offshore is a big problem (has been for a long time) that nobody seems to be able to solve... Or at least people with the power to do something about it don't want to.

I find it funny that Putin is being outed.... As if the elites who run our country don't have offshore accounts.

Corrupt foreign government leaders comprise a big part of the list. No surprise since government takes money from its citizens by force.

Very few Americans show up on the list, and those that have are not among the elite. The lack of Americans on the list is probably because our elite rulers can sequester plenty of wealth legally here. A certain presidential candidate turned a 10,000% profit in a year on cattle futures.

Quote:Yes, a tax system that cannot be manipulated is what he advocates. That people of every stripe can and do cheat the current system should be the highest impetus to change it, but what folks like Eric, JJ and I push for would take away all of the perks of being in control of the tax code. That means the government gives up power and we all know that is something that will never happen, especially when half the population has been warped to believe that MORE government the solution.

So you think corporations should tax themselves? Why on earth would you ever believe that could possibly work?
Pages: 1 2