Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Media love for the Allens
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ching-duos

Ranked #2 for best pass catching combo.

2) Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns, Jacksonville Jaguars

<p style="margin-left:0px;font-size:14px;font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;"> 

<p style="margin-left:0px;font-size:14px;font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;">The Jaguars are quietly emerging as a playoff contender behind an electric offense that lights up scoreboards behind an explosive pair of young receivers in Robinson and Hurns. The two have quickly blossomed into a formidable pairing that delivers explosive gains and splash plays in bunches. Robinson, at 6-foot-3 and 215 pounds, is a crafty playmaker with exceptional ball skills and strong hands. He routinely wrestles 50-50 balls away from defenders, but also flashes the quickness, balance and body control to separate from tight coverage. With Robinson also rounding into a dynamic route runner, the Jaguars' WR1 led the NFL with 31 receptions of 20-plus yards a season ago.

<p style="margin-left:0px;font-size:14px;font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;">Hurns has significantly outplayed his status as an undrafted free agent to become a prolific pass catcher. The 6-foot-3, 205-pounder is one of only five active undrafted free agents to record 1,000-plus receiving yards and 10 touchdowns in a single season. As a clever route runner with impeccable timing and explosive short-area quickness, Hurns consistently separates from defenders on intermediate and vertical routes, particularly skinny post routes and speed corners or "sail" routes. Considering he is also a dangerous runner in the open field, Hurns gives the Jaguars a deadly playmaker at the WR2 spot.

<p style="margin-left:0px;font-size:14px;font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;">As Blake Bortles continues to grow into a franchise quarterback, the rest of the football world will start to appreciate Robinson and Hurns as one of the NFL's scariest receiving duos.

Amazing considering how long this position suffered. We now have two budding superstars there. I'm hoping that can do that at DE too.
Quote:Amazing considering how long this position suffered. We now have two budding superstars there. I'm hoping that can do that at DE too.
Bosa and Fowler?
Quote:Bosa and Fowler?

People on here seem to be really down on Bosa but those 2 on the edge has serious potential. 
It's all bc of Bortles.
All the years we sifted through other teams trash for serviceable WR and now we may have teams raccooning us
Quote:All the years we sifted through other teams trash for serviceable WR and now we may have teams raccooning us
I will admit. I had to look raccooning up, lol. 
I had to look it up also haha
I really hope the hype doesn't get to any of these guys heads.  I sure hope that Gus keeps it tempered.  He needs to feel the hot seat and show strongly in the win column.

Quote:I really hope the hype doesn't get to any of these guys heads. I sure hope that Gus keeps it tempered. He needs to feel the hot seat and show strongly in the win column.

Hurns quoted the story on Twitter and replied, "We have a lot of work to do."
Quote:Bosa and Fowler?

Bosa is a better run defender than pass rusher. I think he'll fit better in a 3-4
Quote:Bosa is a better run defender than pass rusher. I think he'll fit better in a 3-4
where is he gonna play in a 3-4?
I like how both of their first names are Allen. The announcers have to think fast when pronouncing their name.

Quote:I like how both of their first names are Allen. The announcers have to think fast when pronouncing their name.

Or they could just refer to bother of them as Allen....
Quote:Or they could just refer to bother of them as Allen....

Illegal to have 2 Allen's. One of them will be traded on draft night.
Quote:It's all bc of Bortles.

I think it's 50/50. There were quite a few prayers that Bortles threw that easily could have gone the other way but Arob is a beast and came down with them.
Quote:I think it's 50/50. There were quite a few prayers that Bortles threw that easily could have gone the other way but Arob is a beast and came down with them.
well let's see how good allen robinson is if he had henne at qb instead of bortles?
Quote:well let's see how good allen robinson is if he had henne at qb instead of bortles?

I agree. Blake will have had just as good #s tossing the ball to Lee, Walters and Greene. Look at all those up for grabs downfield balls he outjumped/outmuscled DBs to catch? After throwing it to himself. I still recall that game winner in London when he left earth and gave his body to the British winds to make that grab. Personally, I believe Blake can even play LEO...
Dear Leopold, unrelated question, top 100 came out yet? Just getting back to the States, haven't followed up. I imagine 30-40 range for our probowl QB huh? As envisioned. The WRs are definitely a product of such superior talent. Like you, it stands to reason to believe that any WR can get to 1400 and 14 TDs with how smartly and perfectly our QB slings the rock.
Quote:Dear Leopold, unrelated question, top 100 came out yet? Just getting back to the States, haven't followed up. I imagine 30-40 range for our probowl QB huh? As envisioned. The WRs are definitely a product of such superior talent. Like you, it stands to reason to believe that any WR can get to 1400 and 14 TDs with how smartly and perfectly our QB slings the rock.

If you are trying to say that Blake Bortles isn't any good then we going to have to agree to disagree because Blake is a very good qb in this league.
Pages: 1 2