Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pete Carroll believes the Jags will "take off" in 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I hope he's right.

They notice us they really do notice us!

"OK Gus I did what we agreed to. Please make that check out to my charity. You know the name"

- Pete Carroll.

Quote:"OK Gus I did what we agreed to. Please make that check out to my charity. You know the name"

- Pete Carroll.

Haha, I expected a negative spin from the good ol stoudcrowd1
Quote:Haha, I expected a negative spin from the good ol stoudcrowd1

Of course Pete likes Gus and is probably rooting for him and knows this is a do or die year for him, but what is he going to say when he was probably asked the question and didn't proactively bring it up? 
Quote:Of course Pete likes Gus and is probably rooting for him and knows this is a do or die year for him, but what is he going to say when he was probably asked the question and didn't proactively bring it up? 

Quote:Of course Pete likes Gus and is probably rooting for him and knows this is a do or die year for him, but what is he going to say when he was probably asked the question and didn't proactively bring it up? 

Pete Carroll's opinion just confirms what I see with my own eyes

Looks like Pete Carroll is keeping a close-watch on his superbowl competition.

Looks like he's keeping an eye open for his next Defensive Coordinator when the Gus bus parks at 6-10 without going to the playoffs.

Would we really expect everyone to throw high fives around and cheer?  It is disturbing when people want to be critical and then they are called out for being critical.  Gus hasn't won very much and this is a prove it year.  So yeah, there isn't much to cheer him about right now.

I don't belieave  what pete carrol says.  now if bill belchicnk was to say that i would belieave it.     

I think Carrol is just drunk off the Gus Juice.  There are big questions that won't be answered to the end of the season.

1. Did Fowler stay healthy and live up to expectations?

2. Did the team find a pass rusher?

3. Did the team find two consistent starting safety's?

4.,Did the young players show Growth?

The expectations should be .500 or better.  Lots of money spent and lots of high drafted players on the field.

I'm not a big fan of Gus as a coach, yet. He's had 3 years to get us competitive in the worst division in the league. I think Shad was sending a message when he said (at Gus's extension) "I think we need to be significantly better at this time next year, and Gus understands this."

Dave said; "it is built." It's all up to Gus now.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

He could also be keeping his eye on potential job openings...

The whole article was defined by the first statement of the second paragraph.

... meaning, it's meaningless sunshine getting blown up our skirts by Gus's former boss. Never believe complements from your potential adversaries; they are only intended to throw you off.

I mean what is he going to say about his former friend and DC's team when interviewed about it?

I do think that the Jaguars are going to be good this year, I mean they have to be by now..

I just hope that the team won't buy into the media hype as a "team on the rise" and just take it one game at a time this upcoming season--and let their play on the field speak for themselves. We were burned in 2000, burned again in 2008, and can't afford to be burned again in 2016.

Quote:He could also be keeping his eye on potential job openings...

Do you mean Bradley back to Seattle or Carroll to JAX?

I could imagine a few coaches salivating at the idea of having this roster and the potential that it possesses.
Quote:Do you mean Bradley back to Seattle or Carroll to JAX?

I could imagine a few coaches salivating at the idea of having this roster and the potential that it possesses.

If Bradley falters this year, the Jags head coaching position might be the hottest job in all of professional sports. Tons of money, young talent, a patient owner.
To be honest everybody say this every year about the jags...
Pages: 1 2 3