Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: James Sample has all-pro potential as a strong safety (especially in this scheme)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is a guy (because of injury) that doesn't get talked about a lot around here, just going back and looking at his highlights and reading some of the scouting reports, Sample is a guy that I expect to benefit the most from our defensive signings. I think he has all-pro potential as a box safety because of his athleticism and big-hit/enforcer playing style. Sample was also a stud in coverage at Louisville, showing fluid hips and natural instincts in the pass game, he has all the makings of a "difference maker" in this scheme, playing the Kam Chanchellor role as an enforcer. I think James upside is bigger because he's more explosive than Kam, the only reason he "fell" to the 4th round was because he only played 1 year at Louisville, however his tape showed a 1st/2nd round talent. If you're a AFC South receiver that primarily runs your routes across the middle of the field, lookout.

I think SS will be a very close watched camp battle.
I wouldn't be shocked at all if Gipson and Sample were the safeties next year, with Cyprien playing as Sample's backup and a nickel/dime linebacker.

Quote:I think SS will be a very close watched camp battle.

If Sample can stay healthy, he should win the starting SS role. I can see Gus using Cyrpien on obvious passing situations as a another linebacker.
Quote:I wouldn't be shocked at all if Gipson and Sample were the safeties next year, with Cyprien playing as Sample's backup and a nickel/dime linebacker.

This 
Quote:I wouldn't be shocked at all if Gipson and Sample were the safeties next year, with Cyprien playing as Sample's backup and a nickel/dime linebacker.

Quote:This 

That. ^
Those.

Nice knowing there's an All-Pro sitting on the bench...I wish I hadn't run out of my Teal Koolaide.
Quote:Nice knowing there's an All-Pro sitting on the bench...I wish I hadn't run out of my Teal Koolaide.

"potential" 

^ That's the word you're ignoring. 

Now have a glass:

[Image: aqua-lemonade.jpg]
Quote: If you're a AFC South receiver that primarily runs your routes across the middle of the field, lookout.

LOOKOUT DeAndre !!!

[Image: arian-foster-deandre-hopkins-nfl-houston...90x900.jpg]
Put 10 - 12 pounds on Cyp and move him to linebacker.

Odrick - Jackson - Marks - Fowler

Cyp - Jack - Smith

Prince - Gipson - Sample - House

That would be really nice.

Quote:Put 10 - 12 pounds on Cyp and move him to linebacker.

Cyp - Jack - Smith

I don't think he needs to put on any weight, Deon Bucannon plays mike linebacker for the Cardinals and is 215 lbs, you can get away with that if you have a bunch of space eaters up front, which we do.
Cyp could play the same role than Mark Barron with the Rams.
The next Ronnie Lott, Chammmmmppiioonnshiippppp
Quote:Put 10 - 12 pounds on Cyp and move him to linebacker.

Cyp - Jack - Smith

cyp sucks at tackling lol
Quote:cyp sucks at tackling lol

Sad but true
Quote:Nice knowing there's an All-Pro sitting on the bench...I wish I hadn't run out of my Teal Koolaide.
Yea I know.  We got Ronnie Lott sitting on the bench according to some here
Gipson and Sample. Sounds like a law firm.
This dude is jacked

[Image: 14596545.jpg]

A healthy Sample throughout camp is definitely something I am looking forward to.
Pages: 1 2 3 4