Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags starting defense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fowler

Jackson

Marks

Odrick

Smith

Poz

Jack

House

Gipson

Cyp

Amukamura

With our offense, do you think we take over the AFC South and play a home playoff game?

Without knowing our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rounds picks....I'd still say we have a top 15 defense. Could easily be top 12 with a little more help.
I think the base front four starting would be...  Odrick + Jackson + Miller + Fowler

I'm still seeing a lot of ifs in that lineup. If Fowler can be an effective edge rusher, if Amukamura can stay healthy, if Poz can be effective for another year. The defense will be improved (can't be much worse anyway) but I can't for certain it will be much improved. 

Quote:I think the base front four starting would be... Odrick + Jackson + Miller + Fowler

Jackson can play any position on that defensive front. So that gives us flexibility to start Marks over Miller.

But even with Miller starting, I could live with that.
Quote:I think the base front four starting would be...  Odrick + Jackson + Miller + Fowler

I love how the backup DL is virtually just as good. Basically you have quite the rotation with...

1. DE Odrick, NT Miller DT Jackson LEO Fowler

2. DE Jackson, NT Jones, DT Marks LEO Bosa

Jackson would move to the 4-tech I'm thinking either with Marks or in the 3-LEO....

3rd down DL... DE Odrick DT Jackson DT Marks LEO Fowler

3-LEO... LEO Bosa DT Jackson LEO Davis LEO Fowler

The only question is how often Jackson would need to come out for a breather.

Quote:I love how the backup DL is virtually just as good. Basically you have quite the rotation with...

1. DE Odrick, NT Miller DT Jackson LEO Fowler

2. DE Jackson, NT Jones, DT Marks LEO Bosa

Jackson would move to the 4-tech I'm thinking either with Marks or in the 3-LEO....

3rd down DL... DE Odrick DT Jackson DT Marks LEO Fowler

3-LEO... LEO Bosa DT Jackson LEO Davis LEO Fowler

The only question is how often Jackson would need to come out for a breather.

Lot of guys say Jack is the pick. Even with Bosa on the board.

I was a Ramsey guy, then I jumped on with Bosa.

Now I'm riding Myles Jack all the way to the playoffs. This guy can flat out play football.
Quote:Jackson can play any position on that defensive front. So that gives us flexibility to start Marks over Miller.

But even with Miller starting, I could live with that.

Miller is going to start at NT and Marks will backup Malik at the 3T. They aren't paying Malik 90M to play NT.
LEO Dante Fowler Jr, Ryan Davis

NT Roy Miller, Abry Jones

DT Malik Jackson, Jared Odrick

DT Sen'Derrick Marks, Tyson Alualu

LE Jared Odrick, Ryan Davis, Chris Smith

WLB Telvin Smith

MILB Paul Posluszny

SLB Dan Skuta

LCB Prince Amukamara, Dwayne Gratz

RCB Davon House, Demetrius McCray (or draft pick)

NCB Aaron Colvin

FS Tashaun Gipson. Sergio Brown

SS Johnathan Cyprien, Sames Sample

Quote:LEO Dante Fowler Jr, Ryan Davis

WLB Telvin Smith

MILB Paul Posluszny

SLB Dan Skuta

NCB Aaron Colvin

So......

where's our first round draft pick?
Quote:So......

That's the beauty of it, our D looks much improved even BEFORE we get a stud in the draft. Smile
Quote:That's the beauty of it, our D looks much improved even BEFORE we get a stud in the draft. Smile
I suppose, still I'd rather see Jack or Ramsey somewhere in that lineup.

WLB Telvin Smith

MILB Paul Posluszny

SLB Dan Skuta

NCB Aaron Colvin

Myles Jack or VH3 will be starting too.
William Jackson III.... Fowler -Marks -Jackson-Bosa..... Prince Amukamura

.......................Telvin Smith..... Poz...., Myles Jack

...........................Gipson....... Cyprien

Chammmmmppiiooonnnnshiiiiiippppp
Quote:William Jackson III.... Fowler -Marks -Jackson-Bosa..... Prince Amukamura

.......................Telvin Smith..... Poz...., Myles Jack

...........................Gipson....... Cyprien

Chammmmmppiiooonnnnshiiiiiippppp

So we get Bosa, Jack, and Jackson?

Stuuuuuuuuuuuppiiiiiiidddd

WLB Telvin Smith

MILB Paul Posluszny

SLB Dan Skuta

NCB Aaron Colvin

Saving a lot of roster spots without backup LBs....I like it. 
Quote:So we get Bosa, Jack, and Jackson?

Stuuuuuuuuuuuppiiiiiiidddd

Seems legit.
Quote:Fowler

Jackson

Marks

Odrick

Smith

Poz

Jack

House

Gipson

Cyp

Amukamura

With our offense, do you think we take over the AFC South and play a home playoff game?

Without knowing our 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th rounds picks....I'd still say we have a top 15 defense. Could easily be top 12 with a little more help.

The interesting thing that DC Todd has done with his line is that players like Ryan Davis, Odrick, Fowler Jr., Jackson they can play anywhere on the line and be a problem for a one on one matchup Oline....

That is why I think a guy like Buckner might go up a bit whom can play both inside or out.
Quote:Saving a lot of roster spots without backup LBs....I like it. 
Sure Poz has been injured the last two years during the season and is aging so Im sure they will draft a LB in one of the top 3 rounds and maybe another one in the later, but Poz & Telvin are very solid in their roles.

Skuta was average at SOLB.. I think that Myles Jack will probably start on the outside before moving in once Poz retires or is injured.

The draft is the big ____ blank that changes the D-starting roster.
Quote:Myles Jack or VH3 will be starting too.

A lot of times if you draft a guy in the 1st round the player that plays that position starts worry about being cut, traded or benched but I think if Myles Jack is drafted they put him at SOLB for this year and keep Poz at starting MILB (he's got at least another year in him)...IMO
Quote:So......

I dont know I've been all over the place wondering where GM Dave Caldwell is leaning... i mean last year all the mock drafts had it right with Fowler Jr but nobody had him taking Bortles the year before that...

he keeps it very hush hush...

I guess many think Myles Jack is the guy, so they are probably right in which case Skuta goes to bench behind Fowler at Leo like they had suggested they might do with Dan, and Myles Jack goes to SOLB and behind Poz at MLB should Poz not be able to play Skuta would then start at SOLB.

Of course the way I had suggested is because DC Todd might come out with a 46 defense in one play or then go nickel the next, etc...

in some 1st downs he might have

LEO far to the right Fowler Jr, NT miller, DT Jackson, DT Marks, and LE Odrick all on the line with only MLB Poz and LB Telvin and then the two safeties (SS close to the line to help stop the run), FS deep back zone, and the corners in zone or man to man.

In this case its almost like Fowler is playing the weak side lb with Telvin moved to strong side, except that Fowler will rush / stop the run 75% of the time instead of dropping back into coverage.. IMO

Pages: 1 2