Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: For those who forgot.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Last year we drafted a kid out of the University of Florida to assist our pass rush. He was big, mean, fast, and physical and lit up both the field and combine. At 6'3" 261 he posted an astounding 4.6 40 yard dash. He was claimed to be just as good as Khalil Mack and a specimen. I know he is coming off of an ACL injury but if Gurley is any indication he could be ready to go especially after an entire year and a half to prepare and heal. Pair him with a guy like Myles Jack next to Telvin at the linebacking core and we have 3 LBs faster than a 4.60 40. I know he is favored to play Leo but I believe he finds a fit at the OTTO and we go grab a guy like Lawson in the second or bottom first to play that Leo position.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4f2zDVfxm0

Guess we'll see what he can do before long

He hasn't been forgotten at all... he just has failed to (as yet) give us anything worth remembering here. Hopefully he'll last more than ten minutes this time.

I just wanna watch him hurt people.

Dante is a Leo on this team, and such has been said by Gus and Dave.  His strength is rush and commanding the edge.  You take away his best strength if you move him off the line for the majority of snaps.  

Impress me beyond your golden slippers.
I think it's safe to say he is the X-factor for this defense this year.

Quote:Dante is a Leo on this team, and such has been said by Gus and Dave.  His strength is rush and commanding the edge.  You take away his best strength if you move him off the line for the majority of snaps.  
He can do much more than rush the passer and Wash said he will be moved all over the place.
Quote:He can do much more than rush the passer and Wash said he will be moved all over the place.
Look at Mack, the first player to ever make all pro at DE and LB in the same year.  I think he has the talent to possibly be the 2nd player to do that
"Help us Gimpy Gata, You our only hope!"

/corrine