Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Obama Mugging Hoax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I read a poster mention a false narrative that was debunked back in 2008.  Just to remind everyone...  There were no groups of Obama Supporters going around and attacking voters back in 2008.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Todd_mugging_hoax

You damn right!

[Image: Philadelphia_polling_place_security_patrols_2008.png]

Dude, so black people standing around is attacking voters? Lol. come on, man
Quote:Dude, so black people Panthers standing around is attacking voters? Lol. come on, man
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The_Anchorman" data-cid="719425" data-time="1458919823">

Dude, so black <del>people</del> Panthers standing around is attacking voters? Lol. come on, man
</blockquote>

Still weren't attacking anyone! You're reaching, and you know it.
Attacking? Most likely not. Trying to use intimidation as an influence to sway votes, most likely. But I kinda see using intimidation as an act of terrorism..
Quote:Still weren't attacking anyone! You're reaching, and you know it.

I'm just reporting what happened when leftist political activists intimidated voters at a polling location.
Nm
One wonders how white people would have acted had they been on the other side of slavery, Jim Crow, institutionalized discrimination and the well documented oppression by police up to and including the 60s and early 70s in northern and western urban ghettos, when the Black Panther Party flourished.

Quote:One wonders how white people would have acted had they been on the other side of slavery, Jim Crow, institutionalized discrimination and the well documented oppression by police up to and including the 60s and early 70s in northern and western urban ghettos, when the Black Panther Party flourished.

Two wrongs...
Quote:One wonders how white people would have acted had they been on the other side of slavery, Jim Crow, institutionalized discrimination and the well documented oppression by police up to and including the 60s and early 70s in northern and western urban ghettos, when the Black Panther Party flourished.

Ask the Irish, they'll tell you.
Quote:Two wrongs...

400 years of wrongs compared to what amounts to a blip on the historical timeline.

Quote:Ask the Irish, they'll tell you.

Look at the rhetoric we hear daily, even on this message board. Taking our country back, oppressive government, rights infringement, etc. Even you talk about a scorched, salted Earth. Let it burn, then rebuild.

I'm not condoning the violent actions of the Black Panthers, but I can understand how they came into existence. Put the shoe on the other foot...

You know, the Black Panthers is a whole other discussion for another thread and has nothing to do with what someone else said about Obama supporters attacking opposition voters (presumably white voters).  That was a total false statement, a total lie, and needed to be debunked.

People that perpetuate lies like that are part of the reason some morons think that Obama is trying to destroy this country.  It's non-sense and it needed to be called out.  Which I did.

Now if you want to say how terrible the Black Panthers are, fine.  But they didn't attack anyone.  And standing in a public place while being black and scaring white people by just standing around is not against the law yet.  

Quote:And standing in a public place while being black and scaring white people by just standing around is not against the law yet.  

Voter intimidation and similar activities at polling stations on voting days are very much against the law if anyone were interested in enforcing it.
Quote:Voter intimidation and similar activities at polling stations on voting days are very much against the law if anyone were interested in enforcing it.

You mean like the Brooks brothers protesters?

Lol.

Again, that's different that the lie that other poster mentioned about the Obama attackers.

Deflecting away from my point won't work.

No obama supporter attacked any voters in 2008. That was a lie. And that remains my point.
Quote:You mean like the Brooks brothers protesters?

Lol.

Again, that's different that the lie that other poster mentioned about the Obama attackers.

Deflecting away from my point won't work.

No obama supporter attacked any voters in 2008. That was a lie. And that remains my point.

Ok?
Quote:Ok?

Thank you. That's all I wanted.

Now, if you want to talk about the black Panthers and the Brooks brothers, we can.
Quote:
Quote:You know, the Black Panthers is a whole other discussion for another thread and has nothing to do with what someone else said about Obama supporters attacking opposition voters (presumably white voters).  That was a total false statement, a total lie, and needed to be debunked.

People that perpetuate lies like that are part of the reason some morons think that Obama is trying to destroy this country.  It's non-sense and it needed to be called out.  Which I did.

Now if you want to say how terrible the Black Panthers are, fine.  But they didn't attack anyone.  And standing in a public place while being black and scaring white people by just standing around is not against the law yet.  
I don't think Obama is trying to destroy this country because of a story that was debunked 8 years ago.  I doubt anyone else would try to link one to the other. 

The fact is, there were multiple reports of voter intimidation at polling places.  The one shown above being the most prominent of them.  A case was opened by the Justice Department, but naturally, it died on the vine, as did many other incidents they were investigating, once the president took office.

I'm not sure what your obsession with "attacking" someone is.  To be quite honest, even though I'm not a Trump supporter, I think that these isolated incidents where someone has been attacked at his rallies are highly suspect.  Especially knowing that Moveon.org and other organizations are being heavily funded to disrupt these rallies using any means necessary.  At a minimum, they're intentionally provoking these attacks.  Worst case, they're actually perpetrating them under the guise that it's a Trump supporter. 

If you read various accounts as to how these protestors behave at the rallies, there's no doubt in my mind that they're looking to maximize their exposure, and if that means they have to spark some violence, they're more than happy to do so.

You can certainly obsess over a false story if it makes you feel better.  The entire environment of hostility that's being laid at the feet of Trump certainly didn't start with him.  Just listen to the rhetoric of your beloved ruler over the past 7 years.

Come on, FBT. It all plays into the false narrative. That's my point.

I'm not the one that tried to get away with posting that tripe about Obama people attacks voters.

Again if you want to freak out about black people standing around, fine. Just don't try and make up a lie that perpetuates nonsense.

But, you may want to recall the Brooks brothers protesters in 2000. Those thugs were far more intimidating and far more disruptive. But you know, I guess that may just be an observation that relies on a person's perspective and cultural/racial background.
Quote:Come on, FBT. It all plays into the false narrative. That's my point.

I'm not the one that tried to get away with posting that tripe about Obama people attacks voters.

Again if you want to freak out about black people standing around, fine. Just don't try and make up a lie that perpetuates nonsense.

But, you may want to recall the Brooks brothers protesters in 2000. Those thugs were far more intimidating and far more disruptive. But you know, I guess that may just be an observation that relies on a person's perspective and cultural/racial background.

They weren't just "standing around" as you spin it.  Let's talk about false narratives, shall we?

The "Brooks brothers" protesters in 2000 weren't preventing people from voting.  They weren't inciting violence.  Using your benchmark, they were just walking around.  Their goal was to shut down the recount process in Miami because the committee was trying to restrict access to the process.  It was a stupid, organized protest done by paid operatives.  Kind of sounds like all these "spontaneous" protests we have become accustomed to in cities like Baltimore, Chicago, New York, and Ferguson. 

You say nobody was attacked in 2008.  Technically, nobody was attacked in 2000 either, so using that as justification seems a little weak on your part, but I get it.  You're trying to make this a racial issue.  Pardon me for not taking the bait.

The protests at the Trump rallies that have been much ballyhooed on cable news and beyond were bought and paid for by the chief financier for Moveon, BLM, and a host of other progressive movements.  He doesn't care about race.  He cares about collapsing the country.  If he has to use organizations that are race based to make that happen, it's no difference to him. 

The New Black Panther organization did indeed intimidate voters at polling places during the 2008 election.  It's well documented.  They weren't just standing around.  They were brandishing billy clubs, making threats, and blocking entrance to polling places for white people.  There was one incident in Philadelphia in particular where they actually had to bring the police in because they were turning away voters who happened to be white.  I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding, right?
Pages: 1 2