Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It's time to put some numbers back in circulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seriously? #8 still can't be used? Nortman had to pick #3? Brunell was good but no HoF QB. Hell even the Cowboy's still use #88.

I understand 71 but that's it.

8, 82, 71, 28

#retired
46 and 2 ?

Considering every old school fan has at least one #8 jersey, it makes sense to have it retired. I couldn't care less that the punter had to find a different number.

Quote:Seriously? #8 still can't be used? Nortman had to pick #3? Brunell was good but no HoF QB. Hell even the Cowboy's still use #88.

So you seriously don't get #82 and #28?

Quote:So you seriously don't get #82 and #28?

I get it but don't agree with it. Like I said, look at teams like the Cowboys who don't even retire jerseys of HOF players. I think Jimmy, Fred and Brunell were all good but retire the number good? I don't know. Why not retire McCardell while we're at it.
Quote:Considering every old school fan has at least one #8 jersey, it makes sense to have it retired. I couldn't care less that the punter had to find a different number.

This.
I'm all for retiring #14 forever....
Quote:8, 82, 71, 28

#retired

#dumb
numbers. great.
I say let people use whatever numbers they want. I can't imagine someone tarnishing Freddy's legacy because they sucked and wore 28, won't make me think any less of Fred.

I guess I could understand 71 being retired, because Boselli was our first pick, and he was probably the greatest player we've had and would have been worthy of HoF honors had he played longer.

Maybe I just don't get it. I don't know. Doesn't matter to me. It's numbers.

Quote:I'm all for retiring #14 forever....

So we never forget the mistakes of our past
Quote:I'm all for retiring #14 forever....
LOL, such a bad number.
Quote:I get it but don't agree with it. Like I said, look at teams like the Cowboys who don't even retire jerseys of HOF players.

I can understand if the Cowboys have to reuse numbers of ex-great players. With all the legendary players they have had in 5 decades, if they don't start reusing numbers, they'll not have enough numbers left to field a team, lol.
I agree that looking at the NFL "norm", our retired numbers don't make sense. Especially since none of them are in the HOF.

However, we have to understand the retired numbers in context with our young organization. The players that had their numbers retired essentially put the Jags on the map and made for very exciting football early on in franchise history.

Quote:Seriously? #8 still can't be used? Nortman had to pick #3? Brunell was good but no HoF QB. Hell even the Cowboy's still use #88.

#SupportTheNort 
Which players wanted these numbers but were denied? Do we even know?
There isn't a single jersey-number of this franchise that should be retired..   #nosuperbowl

Oh no! The punter had to choose #3?!!! NOOOOOOOO
This is a pressing issue?  Really?  Because of a punter? 

Pages: 1 2 3