Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jalen's pick 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there an audio clip of it with Frangie on the call?
You can probably get the audio from either 1010XL or the digital folks who run the website. 

Is there an audio clip of it with a Steeler fan mumbling through it?

Quote:Is there an audio clip of it with Frangie on the call?

Why?
Quote:Is there an audio clip of it with a Steeler fan mumbling through it?
I am laughing so hard I snorted. 
"mumble mumble mumble INTERCEPTED mumble mumble TD."

Quote:"mumble mumble mumble INTHERCEPTED mumble mumble TD."
Fixed that for  you.  Can't mumble through a Frangie without including the lisp.  Oh, and the insincere excitement too.  Not sure how to capture that, but his screaming when something good happens sounds really contained and rehearsed.

Who gave this guy the play by play job anyway. Hellen Keller? Or is it the case of being in charge and actual broadcast talent means nothing? 

Quote:Who gave this guy the play by play job anyway. Hellen Keller? Or is it the case of being in charge and actual broadcast talent means nothing?

Winner winner chicken dinner. If I remember correctly, Frank is a major player in Seven Bridges Radio which owns 1010XL. 1010XL won the broadcast rights to Jaguar games. Frank anointed himself as voith of the Jaguarth.
I only list to Jville sports radio when something notable happens. I just cant get through a few things:

Franks mumble and having said thats.

Bastan choudah annoying guy.

hackers grown puberty voice.

excessive college talk.

100 commercials after each segment.

Every commecial sounds like a 70's adult movie soundtrack. Somebody really loves horns.

Got the link from JP Shadrick.Great highlight of the Titans game.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Sounds-of-the-Game-Tennessee-Titans/429d045a-2b9d-4738-a33e-0d57535fe1c1'>http://m.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Sounds-of-the-Game-Tennessee-Titans/429d045a-2b9d-4738-a33e-0d57535fe1c1</a>
Quote:Got the link from JP Shadrick.Great highlight of the Titans game.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Sounds-of-the-Game-Tennessee-Titans/429d045a-2b9d-4738-a33e-0d57535fe1c1'>http://m.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Sounds-of-the-Game-Tennessee-Titans/429d045a-2b9d-4738-a33e-0d57535fe1c1</a>
Frangie bad, real bad. Good link, thanks.
Quote:Frangie bad, real bad. Good link, thanks.

Yeah,it's a good highlight clip of the game.Frank or no Frank.
Guys, he WAS a high school PBP guy, he has plenty of experience!

Seriously though, it's hard to fathom that Shad is OK with him doing the Jaguars PBP. He has zero feel for the emotional highs or lows of any given play. I know sexton had his detractors, but at least he came off genuine. This feels very amateurish. 

Quote:Fixed that for  you.  Can't mumble through a Frangie without including the lisp.  Oh, and the insincere excitement too.  Not sure how to capture that, but his screaming when something good happens sounds really contained and rehearsed.

I really agree with that.  It sounds fake.   I think it's just that Frangie has so little personality, he has to manufacture it.   And that goes double for the "excitement" he manufactures for the Jags' play by play. 
Quote:Guys, he WAS a high school PBP guy, he has plenty of experience!

Seriously though, it's hard to fathom that Shad is OK with him doing the Jaguars PBP. He has zero feel for the emotional highs or lows of any given play. I know sexton had his detractors, but at least he came off genuine. This feels very amateurish. 

I'll tell you why Shad is okay with it.   It's because 1010XL is the local sports talk radio station, and Frangie is a big wheel at 1010XL, so by bringing Frangie into the fold, he ensures the loyalty of the local sports talk radio station.   It's actually a pretty smart move.  

I thought Sexton was far better than Frangie is. 

Quote:I'll tell you why Shad is okay with it.   It's because 1010XL is the local sports talk radio station, and Frangie is a big wheel at 1010XL, so by bringing Frangie into the fold, he ensures the loyalty of the local sports talk radio station.   It's actually a pretty smart move.  

I thought Sexton was far better than Frangie is. 
It's just odd that Shad has to be beholden to a local radion station, but I guess that has to be th reason. 

Sexton never bothered me. I thought he was fine.
Sexton never bothered me either.

Local sports talk radio is just one step above Alfie and his twitter/blog website.  It's a pretty small step way down at the bottom.

His play by play on the INT wasn't that bad actually but he usually sounds like he has a mouth full of spit or his tongue is stuck to his front two top teeth.

Pages: 1 2