Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Didn't I hear this exact same thing 15-20 years ago?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

New York and London could be underwater within DECADES: Scientists say devastating climate change will take place sooner than thought
<ul class="">[*]<b>Sea level may increase several meters over 50 to 150 years, paper says</b>
[*]<b>Earth experienced a natural warming 120,000 years ago, now will be worse </b>
[*]<b>Warming of 2°C above pre-industrial times would risk submerging cities </b>
[*]<b>Separate study last month warned that New York, London, Rio de Janeiro and Shanghai will be among the cities that could flood by 2100</b>
</ul>

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...z43lMBXg8Q

This time they're seriousth

-Summon Oface-
The science behind global change/climate warming/excessive farts trapped in a greenhouse is sound, but sensationalist stuff like this doesn't really help advance the cause. It just allows people to say that they remember hearing this 15 years ago, and they're not underwater yet.

I watched this video about rising sea levels.  The guy was saying you will find a ton of retired US Navy living in Arkansas/Missouri Ozarks because they were told by the Navy that is the safest place for when sea levels wipe out East Coast and chaos ensues.

Long story short, the guy said the cause wasn't global warming but the arrival of Nibiru and gravitational effects on Earth.

Quote:-Summon Oface-

I'm sure that he/she will be around soon.
Quote:New York and London could be underwater within DECADES: Scientists say devastating climate change will take place sooner than thought
  • Sea level may increase several meters over 50 to 150 years, paper says
  • Earth experienced a natural warming 120,000 years ago, now will be worse
  • Warming of 2°C above pre-industrial times would risk submerging cities
  • Separate study last month warned that New York, London, Rio de Janeiro and Shanghai will be among the cities that could flood by 2100
<p class="bbc_left">

Read more: <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3504667/New-York-London-underwater-DECADES-Scientists-say-devastating-climate-change-place-sooner-thought.html#ixzz43lMBXg8Q'>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3504667/New-York-London-underwater-DECADES-Scientists-say-devastating-climate-change-place-sooner-thought.html#ixzz43lMBXg8Q</a>

Kinda reminds me the opening monologue to Escape From LA..
for whatever reason I'm more concerned with rising temperatures triggering the earth doing a giant 180 and making one of those Ice Age things happen

Quote:for whatever reason I'm more concerned with rising temperatures triggering the earth doing a giant 180 and making one of those Ice Age things happen

Man, your ability to take both sides there means you should work for NASA.  :thumbsup:
Quote:I'm sure that he/she will be around soon.

Actually, I already posted this article in the appropriate thread. Your thread actually.
Quote:Actually, I already posted this article in the appropriate thread. Your thread actually.

LOL.  I don't even read that thread anymore since it's way out of context of the original post.