Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "Stealing" Elections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was recently looking at some data, and it brought up a thought that I can't quite grasp.  Most of the talk on this forum is more focused on the republican side with the possibility of a brokered convention.  The same goes for the news media and the "protesters" showing up at Trump campaign functions.  Many of the "protesters" seem to be from the Bernie Sanders camp more than anywhere else.  However, their anger seems to be a bit misdirected.

Hillary Clinton is ahead not because of the fact that she has the popular support, but because of the fact that the democrat establishment has a system in place that pretty much assures her nomination coronation when it comes to the primary.

Consider this.  If it was not for the "super delegates" being given to Hillary, she would actually be losing to Sanders.  Take a look at the data.  As an example.

IOWA

Hillary wins by a slim margin with 49.9%
of the vote and is awarded 23 delegates.

Sanders is second with 49.6%
of the vote and is awarded 21 delegates.

That seems to be fair right?  However, Hillary is also awarded 7 Unbound delegates (super delegates).

Total delegates awarded - Clinton 30 Sanders 21.

New Hampshire

Sanders wins in a pretty much blowout with 60.4%
of the vote and is awarded 15 delegates.

Hillary is second with a much lower 38.0%
of the vote and is awarded 9 delegates.

The distribution of delegates might seem to be fair at this point, but then Hillary is also awarded 6 Unbound (super) delegates.

Total delegates awarded - Clinton 15 Sanders 15

The list goes on and it's apparent that the democrat establishment is paving the way for the Hillary nomination coronation, yet the Bernie Sanders supporters are out "protesting" Donald Trump.  In the examples above, they finish in a virtual tie in the first case, yet Hillary gets 7 more delegates than Sanders.  In the second case, Sanders wins in a landslide, yet they both get the same number of delegates.  If you go down the list and look at the results of each state so far, it's obvious that the democrat establishment is pretty much "stealing" the nomination.

So my question is, why aren't the resident liberals and Bernie Sanders supporters on this board even raising this issue?  Why so much focus on the republican primary?

Great question.
Quote:I was recently looking at some data, and it brought up a thought that I can't quite grasp. Most of the talk on this forum is more focused on the republican side with the possibility of a brokered convention. The same goes for the news media and the "protesters" showing up at Trump campaign functions. Many of the "protesters" seem to be from the Bernie Sanders camp more than anywhere else. However, their anger seems to be a bit misdirected.

Hillary Clinton is ahead not because of the fact that she has the popular support, but because of the fact that the democrat establishment has a system in place that pretty much assures her <del>nomination</del> coronation when it comes to the primary.

Consider this. If it was not for the "super delegates" being given to Hillary, she would actually be losing to Sanders. <a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016#Schedule_and_results_of_primaries_and_caucuses'>Take a look at the data</a>. As an example.

IOWA

That seems to be fair right? However, Hillary is also awarded 7 Unbound delegates (super delegates).

New Hampshire

The distribution of delegates might seem to be fair at this point, but then Hillary is also awarded 6 Unbound (super) delegates.

The list goes on and it's apparent that the democrat establishment is paving the way for the Hillary <del>nomination</del> coronation, yet the Bernie Sanders supporters are out "protesting" Donald Trump. In the examples above, they finish in a virtual tie in the first case, yet Hillary gets 7 more delegates than Sanders. In the second case, Sanders wins in a landslide, yet they both get the same number of delegates. If you go down the list and look at the results of each state so far, it's obvious that the democrat establishment is pretty much "stealing" the nomination.

So my question is, why aren't the resident liberals and Bernie Sanders supporters on this board even raising this issue? Why so much focus on the republican primary?

I've said as much in the Bernie Sanders for Prez thread. So there. Plus I mentioned it in the other thread. Bernie's greatest enemy right now is the DNC. They want to give the nom to Clinton and will do everything they can to make that happen. Including not covering him in the news, playing up the super delegate crap, etc etc.
Quote:I've said as much in the Bernie Sanders for Prez thread. So there. Plus I mentioned it in the other thread. Bernie's greatest enemy right now is the DNC. They want to give the nom to Clinton and will do everything they can to make that happen. Including not covering him in the news, playing up the super delegate crap, etc etc.

So why do Bernie Sanders supporters choose to "protest" Trump rather than raise awareness about this?
They protest Trump because of his hateful messages, not because of their support of Bernie Sanders.  Now, they're going about it the wrong way.  Violence is certainly not the answer.  But they're protesting Trump because of Trump, not because of Sanders.

I'm sure Sanders supporters would voice up if Sanders were winning states, and the Super Delegates didn't switch (much like they did with Obama back in 2008).  As it stands though, I don't think Hillary needs the Super Delegates to stay ahead of Sanders in the primary.

There's speculation the race is about to get tighter.
Quote:They protest Trump because of his hateful messages, not because of their support of Bernie Sanders.  Now, they're going about it the wrong way.  Violence is certainly not the answer.  But they're protesting Trump because of Trump, not because of Sanders.

I'm sure Sanders supporters would voice up if Sanders were winning states, and the Super Delegates didn't switch (much like they did with Obama back in 2008).  As it stands though, I don't think Hillary needs the Super Delegates to stay ahead of Sanders in the primary.

Here is where you and I disagree (imagine that).

They protest Trump the way that they do because they want to silence him.  It's not necessarily his message, it's because he is the perceived republican nominee.

Regarding your second point, Sanders has won a few and has not lost by a large margin.  The point is, if not for the Super Delegates, Clinton wouldn't have the lead that she holds now.  It's because of the democrat establishment that she not only leads, but will win.
The thing that has confused me this entire cycle is where the Hillary supporters are, In my town I have seen Cruz, Kasich, Trump, Sanders signs but I have yet to see a Clinton sign.  On my Facebook I can point out a double digit Trump supporters and probably triple digit Sanders supporters yet not a single Hillary supporter.  It just baffles me the "leading" democratic candidate has virtually no support that I can see locally or on my social media.

Quote:The thing that has confused me this entire cycle is where the Hillary supporters are, In my town I have seen Cruz, Kasich, Trump, Sanders signs but I have yet to see a Clinton sign. On my Facebook I can point out a double digit Trump supporters and probably triple digit Sanders supporters yet not a single Hillary supporter. It just baffles me the "leading" democratic candidate has virtually no support that I can see locally or on my social media.

Exactly. No one wants Hilary. Besides the people in power who stand to make a lot of money once she gets elected. It's the establishment choice - not America's choice. It's Wall St and everyone they paid off. They pump pro Hilary garbage through the MSM and then low info voters pull the levers because they trust authority. On the other hand, Bernie has an actual honest to God grassroots campaign. His average donation is like 23 bucks. Doesn't have a SuperPac. He is the real deal. But does the average voter know anything about Sanders? No. Because they rather have infotainment spoon fed to them by cable news networks which have been corrupted by corporate interests rather than do their own homework.

Bottom line: Bernie is the president we need, Trump is the president that we deserve.
Quote:The thing that has confused me this entire cycle is where the Hillary supporters are, In my town I have seen Cruz, Kasich, Trump, Sanders signs but I have yet to see a Clinton sign.  On my Facebook I can point out a double digit Trump supporters and probably triple digit Sanders supporters yet not a single Hillary supporter.  It just baffles me the "leading" democratic candidate has virtually no support that I can see locally or on my social media.

This is what got me to raise the question.  It's no secret that I don't support either democrat and I don't support Trump at all.  The "loudest" supporters on the democrat side as well as the majority vote seems to be all about Bernie Sanders, yet Hillary is in the lead.  Then you have apparent Bernie Sanders supporters "protesting" republican functions, most specifically Donald Trump.

In the news it's all about the "republican party in disarray" yet it looks like the opposite to me.  The republican establishment has made it more-than-clear that they want to block Donald Trump from getting the nomination.  It's very likely that he won't get said nomination and the party will enter a brokered convention.  That's what is getting all of the media right now.

The question is, what about the democrat party?  If they do "succeed" in bringing Trump down, do they really think that Hillary is going to be the answer?  What it's all looking like to me is that the establishment of both parties are playing one another.  The "fringe" part of the republican part of the party (Donald Trump) is in danger of falling apart.  The republicans are in a bind, because the last hope that they had is not in the race, therefor they are betting on a brokered convention.  Once that happens, it's pretty much the end of Donald Trump.

On the democrat side, the "anti-Trump" Bernie Sanders supporters are focusing too much on Trump, and they're handing the nomination coronation to Hillary Clinton.

This is just my opinion, but I do think that the general election is going to be between two candidates that were not the most popular in the primaries.  the democrats are in the process of "stealing" the nomination right now, and the republicans are going to be shown as "stealing" it during the convention.  The only way that differs is if a republican nominee wins outright.  I don't see it happening.
Quote:I was recently looking at some data, and it brought up a thought that I can't quite grasp.  Most of the talk on this forum is more focused on the republican side with the possibility of a brokered convention.  The same goes for the news media and the "protesters" showing up at Trump campaign functions.  Many of the "protesters" seem to be from the Bernie Sanders camp more than anywhere else.  However, their anger seems to be a bit misdirected.

Hillary Clinton is ahead not because of the fact that she has the popular support, but because of the fact that the democrat establishment has a system in place that pretty much assures her nomination coronation when it comes to the primary.

Consider this.  If it was not for the "super delegates" being given to Hillary, she would actually be losing to Sanders.  Take a look at the data.  As an example.

IOWA

That seems to be fair right?  However, Hillary is also awarded 7 Unbound delegates (super delegates).

New Hampshire

The list goes on and it's apparent that the democrat establishment is paving the way for the Hillary nomination coronation, yet the Bernie Sanders supporters are out "protesting" Donald Trump.  In the examples above, they finish in a virtual tie in the first case, yet Hillary gets 7 more delegates than Sanders.  In the second case, Sanders wins in a landslide, yet they both get the same number of delegates.  If you go down the list and look at the results of each state so far, it's obvious that the democrat establishment is pretty much "stealing" the nomination.

So my question is, why aren't the resident liberals and Bernie Sanders supporters on this board even raising this issue?  Why so much focus on the republican primary?

This is the problem that I have against Parties, which even Bernie Sanders has opposed publicly while running for President.  When you vote for the democrat or republican nominee its really only a poll & they party itself still has the ultimate power to put whoever they want on their ballots (that is what happens when you keep pulling the D & R lever for centuries, they get to make the laws/rules on running).  This can be reversed if we simply wake up and start electing third party or independents in every race local, state, and especially federal going fwd.O

Over time it'll change, other wise you are simply stuck with a person more loyal to the power behind their parties than the citizens that must obey them.
Hard to steal an election when she's actually beating him in pledged delegates and the popular vote.

Maybe the difference is most Trump supporters don't know how it works and most Sanders supporters do?

Quote:Maybe the difference is most Trump supporters don't know how it works and most Sanders supporters do?

I don't think Sanders supporters show up to vote.  I know a ton do but I'm pretty sure most don't.
Quote:Maybe the difference is most Trump supporters don't know how it works and most Sanders supporters do?

Honestly, I think that a majority of voters in general don't know how it works, regardless of party or candidate that they support.

Quote:I don't think Sanders supporters show up to vote.  I know a ton do but I'm pretty sure most don't.

I have to disagree.  I think that quite a few Sanders supporters do show up and vote, and for many of them it's probably their first time voting (just my guess).

The bottom line is, I don't think that Bernie Sanders is the real representative of the democrat party just like Donald Trump isn't really representative of the republican party.  If anything, those two candidates should be running third party.
Quote:Honestly, I think that a majority of voters in general don't know how it works, regardless of party or candidate that they support.

I have to disagree.  I think that quite a few Sanders supporters do show up and vote, and for many of them it's probably their first time voting (just my guess).

The bottom line is, I don't think that Bernie Sanders is the real representative of the democrat party just like Donald Trump isn't really representative of the republican party.  If anything, those two candidates should be running third party.

I'm still baffled by the zero numbers of Clinton supporters in my town of New Smyrna Beach.  

I've been hoping for a 3 party system for years, but I've changed now I want 64 candidates to compete in a march madness style single elimination debates that last a month per round, eventually leading to the presidential championship

Quote:I'm still baffled by the zero numbers of Clinton supporters in my town of New Smyrna Beach.  

I've been hoping for a 3 party system for years, but I've changed now I want 64 candidates to compete in a march madness style single elimination debates that last a month per round, eventually leading to the presidential championship

LOL, that would probably be a better system than we have right now.
Quote:So why do Bernie Sanders supporters choose to "protest" Trump rather than raise awareness about this?

Because they're being paid by Hillary supporter George Soros to disrupt free speech by Trump.

Denying free speech is a tactic of the Left, even to the point of proposing an amendment to weaken the first amendment. Surely you knew that.

I don't generally don't post political stuff due shouting factor, but I do read them out of curiosity. The reason you don't see any Hillary supporter posts, is because we read your post slowly shake our head and carry on.

Pages: 1 2