Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags an offense that could "rival Patriots"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000645167/article/patriots-vying-with-steelers-for-afcs-top-offense?campaign=fb-nf-sf22866264-sf22866264'>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000645167/article/patriots-vying-with-steelers-for-afcs-top-offense?campaign=fb-nf-sf22866264-sf22866264</a>

Mentioned in the same article are the Steelers, Bengals, and Raiders.
Nice to be mentioned, but we are not there yet.

I think our offense will be better than theirs next year.

Jaguars This is an offense on the rise. Would you believe Blake Bortles finished first among NFL quarterbacks in plays of 20-plus yards, second in touchdowns and seventh in passing yards? There's still room for improvement under center, but life should be easier for Bortles with the addition of power back Chris Ivory and more competition on the offensive line. - From OPs link

---------------------------

Nice!  Towards the end of the season (granted in pointless games) we saw flashes of a very potent offense, BB & his weapons took time to really sink in the OCs playbook and scheme.  I think this year going fwd now with the core plays in their memory and the ability to add a few it should be very interesting.  If everyone remains healthy a lot of weapons on offense & now the defense might even give them great situations (turnovers)...

I think we get a much better picture of our offense this season. Our passing statistics were skewed thanks to star WR duo Allen & Allen and our turduo Gerfart and Aloodoodoo
Quote:Nice to be mentioned, but we are not there yet.

Tend to agree. I think we're a year of fine tuning away on offense, hopefully I'm wrong. But it's nice to see us listed in "elite" conversation
Quote:Tend to agree. I think we're a year of fine tuning away on offense, hopefully I'm wrong. But it's nice to see us listed in "elite" conversation
If Bortles gets an extra 1 to 1.5 seconds for the plays to develop and another offseason with his receiversI think you will see him take his game to the next level.
We still have to get our o-line fixed before we can have an offense that can truely dominate. The o-line is the foundation of any offense; even more so than the quarterback, they will 'make it or break it'.

Quote:We still have to get our o-line fixed before we can have an offense that can truely dominate. The o-line is the foundation of any offense; even more so than the quarterback, they will 'make it or break it'.

With Beachum and dropping Beadles, our line is a Center away from being very good.
Quote:With Beachum and dropping Beadles, our line is a Center away from being very good. average.
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mvannostran" data-cid="718222" data-time="1458649621">

With Beachum and dropping Beadles, our line is a Center away from being very <del>good.</del> average.
</blockquote>

Cann is above average, Parnell is average to above average, Linder is pro bowl capable, Beachum is probably bowl capable... that's better than average