Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars Offense vs Seattle's Defense?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

With all of our FA acquisitions, and the continued growth and improvement of our young core players like BB5 and The Allens, do you think that this team is ready, or atleast, almost ready, to compete with some of the league's more elite defenses like Seattle? It would be really cool to get a Jags-Seahawks Superbowl to find out.

If we can improve our run blocking, Blake takes the next step forward, and if we can get our line set, then maybe.  Still need a much improved defense though.

Our offense could win if we had a better OL. They have a really good defense. We could put up points but our defense would have to step up. 

We good but not THAT good.
Not there yet but what people tend to forget is the difference between the best team and the worst team is probably 5 or 6 players.  Change out the right 5 or 6 and worst goes to first in a hurry.  

The OL needs to get better to have a shot at that type of battle.

Got to love the off season optimism. By now most have forgotten the late season collapse.

The Jaguars have a long way to go before they start playing meaningful games against the top defensive teams in the league. Seattle would shut down the offense in a hurry.
Dont stop there, how about the 85 Bears or 02 Bucs or 00 Ravens defense?   Can we talk about going undefeated too and matching up with the 72 Dolphins?

No
It would really come down to the run, teams were keying in on the pass last year and when T.J. went down the best shot we had was desperation bombs, which thanks to the toughness of hurnsy and the pure leaping ability and talent of arob we were still successful. If ivory and yeldon have room to run then this offense will be one of the best in the league. Even more so if Lee stays healthy
I would just like to make the play offs before we start talking about the Super Bowl.  Or at least finish the season at .500.   Havent won more than 5 games in the last 5 years and hes talking about the Super Bowl. 

We're there but I'm not certain Seattle will make it to the SB.

Everyone would have to play lights out for us to be competitive against that D or any of the other top defenses (Carolina, Arizona, Denver etc)

And thats not accounting for their Off vs our D which would be a massacre
In short... no.

We have too many significant needs that must first be addressed before we should even be mentioned in the same sentence with any upper tier team.

*we need significant upgrades on our offensive line, particularly the left side and center.

*we need significant upgrades on our linebacker corps.

*we need a significant upgrade on our head coach; 'nuff said.
People still putting caveats on this team's potential after four years of free agency and draft rebuilding? This team should be a playoff squad this year no ifs, ands, or buts about it. You go this long with one GM and coach and they still can't get it done then they don't know what the hell they're doing and should be replaced. And I think Dave has put enough good talent on this team to get it done, but his dumb faith and loyalty to Gus should be his undoing right along with this coach.
They have the edge our strengths run directly into their strengths.  Would take Lee and Hurns having great days and a consistent running game to move at will against them.  

ehhhhh no

After reflecting deeply on this I think my answer would have to be, corn