Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Malik says it best
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...gly-honest

The last paragraph is especially good. 

Welcome to Jax sir, enjoy it!!!

I agree, the last two paragraphs are on point. Love this guy's (and Gipson's) attitudes. I think they will bring a lot to this defense!

GO JAGS!!

Definitely sounds like the anti Hugh Douglas/Aaron Ross. Let's see him put that attitude to work on the field.
I just hope he doesn't Hugh Douglas us again. He's getting paid I'm expecting game changing play.

Just hope he will not be a big disappointment.

"I came into this league by myself and I'll leave by myself." What the hell does that mean?

I think he will be an underwhelming performer.
Quote:"I came into this league by myself and I'll leave by myself." What the hell does that mean?

Idk. I read that sentence a few times and wondered what he meant by it. Seemed a bit odd.
Quote:"I came into this league by myself and I'll leave by myself." What the hell does that mean?

When I heard him say that he was referring to his teammates in Denver trying to talk him into staying. To me he's saying he can't worry about anyone else or what they want. He has to do what's best for him.
Think of it like this: If you were shopping for a home for your family and your buddies went with you one day, and they kept telling you to buy a particular house that would be an awesome bachelor pad, you might respond with, "I came into this looking for a house for my family, and I am going to leave with a house for my family."  Sometimes you have to turn your friends down.  

I have no problem  with a player understanding that the NFL is a business and he should try to get the best deal for himself, with the caveat that he doesn't check out after a big payday.  Malik noted several times in that article that he wasn't being paid for what he did, but what he will do, and that he needs to earn every penny of it.  

My favorite line was:

Quote:"You still have to play. I have to go earn all of it. It's six years, 42-45 [million dollars] guaranteed. I want 90 of it. I want all 90. So I have six years to go out there and earn it.

He still seems hungry to prove himself.  We'll see how it translates in the future, but I am not going to worry about a guy that is making logical cents (pun intentional).  

It all comes down to integrity, professionalism, love of the game and pride. If he possesses those qualities and there appears to be no evidence that he does not, he will continue to perform to the best of his abilities. If he does not possess them the Jags and in turn us the fans get screwed. In today's NFL the free agent money is at the level of ridiculousness  the rookie contracts were before the CBA. Better vets getting it then rooks who never played a snap. None of them are worthy of those contracts IMO but that is the nature of the game today. To much damn money.

This is a perfect example of people trying to turn things around on someone that based on the words they used. I'm a straight forward person. If I say it, I mean it. I don't go looking for extras in how they structure a sentence. I hate it when others try to make something out of nothing. It's annoying. He wants all 90 million, he said it, now he's going to earn it. I believe him, you should too.
Quote:This is a perfect example of people trying to turn things around on someone that based on the words they used. I'm a straight forward person. If I say it, I mean it. I don't go looking for extras in how they structure a sentence. I hate it when others try to make something out of nothing. It's annoying. He wants all 90 million, he said it, now he's going to earn it. I believe him, you should too.
Did someone say they did not ?

It means when you are sitting at home or in the green room on draft night, you are by yourself. You aren't on a team.

It is refreshing to hear someone say its about the money because for the life of me, I cannot understand guys giving a hometown discount in such a violent game that is directly connected to CTE among other injuries.

Trust me, a lot of these guys could use that extra 10M they passed up by giving discounts later down the road, and unfortunately, Super Bowl rings on Ebay probably draw just enough cash for one MRI.

I hope he doesn't bust.
Quote:Did someone say they did not ?
Scroll up at home biscuits post.
Quote:It means when you are sitting at home or in the green room on draft night, you are by yourself. You aren't on a team.

It is refreshing to hear someone say its about the money because for the life of me, I cannot understand guys giving a hometown discount in such a violent game that is directly connected to CTE among other injuries.

Trust me, a lot of these guys could use that extra 10M they passed up by giving discounts later down the road, and unfortunately, Super Bowl rings on Ebay probably draw just enough cash for one MRI.
I agree. Most of the NFL athletes 4 years out of the league are filing for bankruptcy. Most cause of mismanagement of money, bad investments, etc. I don't blame any athlete trying to get as much as they can. It's the nature of the business
Quote:Scroll up at home biscuits post.

Where exactly did I say I did not believe him? My comment is based on what I believe his abilities are to make the impact some fans are expecting.

Kinda like that whole womb to the tomb thing. Im sure we can all relate. Except, maybe, twins.
My proposed nickname is  "Home-wrecker"  with 'home' being the QB 'spot'..

Our requisite Bull in the China shop!!   Love it!

Quote:My proposed nickname is "Home-wrecker" with 'home' being the QB 'spot'..

Our requisite Bull in the China shop!! Love it!
How about S&M for senderrick and malik... oh wait
Pages: 1 2