Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Beachum vs. Joeckel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who is the starter?

Beachum is like Rudy, man. The guy was a 7th round pick who everyone told was too small to make it and all he's done is become a brick wall in the NFL. Had he not torn his ACL the guy would've been looking at big money in FA. Steelers couldn't keep him with all the guys they've got to lock up so it worked in our favor. This guy is what Hollywood football films are made of.

Well Luke is horrible and Beachum is good, sooooooooo..........

It's Luke's job to lose right now.
Joeckel will be the starter going into camp. I would not be surprised if he starts into the year as Beachum recovers from his ACL injury.

But Beachum starts eventually. Joeckel is awful.

Quote:Well Luke is horrible and Beachum is good, sooooooooo..........

You didn't hear? He only had one bad game and Beadles made him look worse. Or something like that.
Quote:You didn't hear? He only had one bad game and Beadles made him look worse. Or something like that.

O yeah. Forgot about that.
When both are healthy it's not even close. Beachum is far superior to Joeckel.
In other news: Jacksonville Jaguar QB Blake Bortles has been arrested for false imprisonment of and individual at JIA, after authorities learned the identity of said individual, Bortles was released and charges dropped
Quote:You didn't hear? He only had one bad game and Beadles made him look worse. Or something like that.
I think people forgot his nickname was the Joke before the last game of the season
Per Ian Rapoport; #Jaguars signed LT Kelvin Beachum to a 1-yr, $4.5M deal… with a 4-year option worth $40M, source said. Creative with Beachum off an ACL

Interesting....
Quote:Per Ian Rapoport; #Jaguars signed LT Kelvin Beachum to a 1-yr, $4.5M deal… with a 4-year option worth $40M, source said. Creative with Beachum off an ACL

Interesting....

That's a great contract for us.   It gives us a one-year tryout, and if we like what we see, we already have him locked up for 4 more years.  
Nice creative contact,but it may indicate he won't be playing much this year
Rudy Sucked

He had 1 sack in his entire career at ND.

Then he had to pay $382,866 in fines related to security fraud in 2011.
Quote:Per Ian Rapoport; #Jaguars signed LT Kelvin Beachum to a 1-yr, $4.5M deal… with a 4-year option worth $40M, source said. Creative with Beachum off an ACL

Interesting....

It's a team option for years 2 through 4? How is that really any different from any other contract that doesn't have a lot of guaranteed money after year 1? I like the signing a lot, just trying to understand the structure a bit more.
Beachum gets the start if he's healthy IMO

If it all works out hopefully they both start. Luke improves, beachum LG, Linder C, Cann RG, Parnell RT- Elite...... besides the Luke part

Quote:Rudy Sucked

He had 1 sack in his entire career at ND.

Then he had to pay $382,866 in fines related to security fraud in 2011.

One sack in 3 total plays is pretty damn good if you ask me
Quote:One sack in 3 total plays is pretty damn good if you ask me

Could coach up branch
Quote:It's a team option for years 2 through 4? How is that really any different from any other contract that doesn't have a lot of guaranteed money after year 1? I like the signing a lot, just trying to understand the structure a bit more.
I think it is a 1 year try out, but years 2-4 are a package deal... so the player works for a tryout contract, already knowing what his extension is if he stays healthy.

4 year 40 mil, 10 mil a year. Not too shabby.

Great deal for us, great deal for him, if he starts and stays healthy.
Id take Beach over the Joke.

Pages: 1 2