Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Oil Drops as U.S. Drilling Growth Threatens to Counter OPEC Cuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Oil Drops as U.S. Drilling Growth Threatens to Counter OPEC Cuts

Oil fell as a Libyan port is set to resume shipments and the U.S. drilling revival undermines the potential for OPEC output curbs to rebalance the market.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...utput-cuts

Has anyone seen an actual drop in the price of gas since Trump took office? I know people said it would happen and I think a few here said it did but it hasn't budged in my area at all. 
The price of oil dropping is kind of a double-edged sword.

To answer you Americus, the price at the pump might fluctuate or change here shortly.  The reason isn't really the price of oil, the reason is that refineries are switching over to the "summer fuel".  Google it.  It's because of regulation that refineries have to blend two different fuels.

While you're at it, look up ethanol and learn how it wastes and damages more motors all in the name of being "green".

Quote:The price of oil dropping is kind of a double-edged sword.

To answer you Americus, the price at the pump might fluctuate or change here shortly.  The reason isn't really the price of oil, the reason is that refineries are switching over to the "summer fuel".  Google it.  It's because of regulation that refineries have to blend two different fuels.

While you're at it, look up ethanol and learn how it wastes and damages more motors all in the name of being "green".

I am totally against ethanol.   There is absolutely no reason for that subsidy.  
still cant decide if this going to be good for domestic oil stocks
Quote:The price of oil dropping is kind of a double-edged sword.

Dang, forgot about that winter-summer switch. Winter up here has been almost non-existent. Also, ethanol is the devil. I've known that for years. 

I just remember not too long ago people saying Trump winning was going to bring the fuel prices down and I was like- nope. Not happening here.
Quote:Dang, forgot about that winter-summer switch. Winter up here has been almost non-existent. Also, ethanol is the devil. I've known that for years. 

I just remember not too long ago people saying Trump winning was going to bring the fuel prices down and I was like- nope. Not happening here.

Ethanol is so very destructive on so many fronts.  It's not "cleaner" or "greener" like liberals would have you believe.  This "flex fuel" nonsense is just that.

Until there is a better, more viable and cost effective way of doing things, fossil fuels are a main priority for us.  People can buy their Pruius and hybrid cars all they want and feel good about themselves.  What they don't realize is that the lithium batteries that run them are more expensive and more damaging to the environment than a properly tuned and maintained gasoline engine.
Quote:Ethanol is so very destructive on so many fronts.  It's not "cleaner" or "greener" like liberals would have you believe.  This "flex fuel" nonsense is just that.

Until there is a better, more viable and cost effective way of doing things, fossil fuels are a main priority for us.  People can buy their Pruius and hybrid cars all they want and feel good about themselves.  What they don't realize is that the lithium batteries that run them are more expensive and more damaging to the environment than a properly tuned and maintained gasoline engine.
My husband's aunt and uncle have a Prius and any time they go out of town they ask my father-in-law to drive it around the block a couple of times so the battery doesn't do something. Not sure what it will or won't do but apparently it's a concern. My stepsister had a Chevy (Aveo I think) several years back and the battery for that thing was stupid expensive. And the tires were very expensive as well.

I'll keep my 2002 Chevy Silverado until the wheels come off. It was well built and other than the normal issues for a well cared for vehicle over 200K miles, I have no issues with it. Newer isn't always better anymore than 'greener' is better. What people don't realize is exactly what you said in bold. And it's true for many things. 
Energy independence. Making America great again. A liberal's worst nightmare.