Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allergy Medications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I suffer badly from spring allergies and looking for the best medication. Anyone have any experiences with them? Which works best?
Don't have allergys but your able to get an injection that lasts for a few months against them
Zyrtec...no drowsiness at all and works like a charm. I have awful allergies and it's a life saver!!
Honestly? The best meds for allergies is local honey.. Has to be local honey though because the honey was pollinated and produced with some of those specific allergens that afflict you. A spoonful here and there will boost your immune system to those allergens.
I like Zyrtec as well.
Quote:Honestly? The best meds for allergies is local honey.. Has to be local honey though because the honey was pollinated and produced with some of those specific allergens that afflict you. A spoonful here and there will boost your immune system to those allergens.

It works great for allergies you have that are brought on by triggers that the bees seek the pollen from, not so great if you're allergic to things that the bees don't use. Grasses and non flowering trees being a huge culprit in seasonal allergies...bees don't pay attention to those things.
I also get really bad nasal congestion and sneezing fits. I'll be honest man. I started taking Nasalcort since August of last year to help with breathing. It just takes maybe one or two sprays up each nostril. Haven't felt better in years. It'll run you about $15 - $25 at a Walgreens or CVS. It's over the counter. No prescription required. I was allergic to dogs for years and had no clue until my blood work showed that I was last year around June-July. And the doctor told me I had really two options. Either take a medication or get rid of the dog. I obviously chose the spray. It's great man.

Whiskey.

Quote:I also get really bad nasal congestion and sneezing fits. I'll be honest man. I started taking Nasalcort since August of last year to help with breathing. It just takes maybe one or two sprays up each nostril. Haven't felt better in years. It'll run you about $15 - $25 at a Walgreens or CVS. It's over the counter. No prescription required. I was allergic to dogs for years and had no clue until my blood work showed that I was last year around June-July. And the doctor told me I had really two options. Either take a medication or get rid of the dog. I obviously chose the spray. It's great man.

I tried that stuff, and I actually liked it, but I started getting the worst nosebleeds from it so I had to stop using it. Sad
Quote:Whiskey.

Does it burn when you spray it up your nose??
Quote:Does it burn when you spray it up your nose??

Meh, I've snorted worse.
The problem with the nasal sprays is the reaction you get as soon as you stop taking it. It's 10x worse than the allergies.
Quote:I tried that stuff, and I actually liked it, but I started getting the worst nosebleeds from it so I had to stop using it. Sad

You definitely cannot overuse Nasacort. I actually get drowsy from Zyrtec, even though it's not supposed to cause drowsiness. I use Claritin daily.
Quote:Does it burn when you spray it up your nose??

Rico gets a constant whiskey drip via IV.
Quote:The problem with the nasal sprays is the reaction you get as soon as you stop taking it. It's 10x worse than the allergies.

Damn tweakers...
Quote:You definitely cannot overuse Nasacort. I actually get drowsy from Zyrtec, even though it's not supposed to cause drowsiness. I use Claritin daily.

Claritin didn't seem to do a thing for me, neither did Allegra...
I like Claritin too.
Quote:The problem with the nasal sprays is the reaction you get as soon as you stop taking it. It's 10x worse than the allergies.

That applies to sprays with oxymetazoline which is in most decongestant sprays. Stay away from these sprays. You can quickly become dependent and when you stop using, the rebound congestion is horrible. It's good for when you're sick and need a night of relief from congestion, 2 nights MAX. For daily allergies stay away at all costs. Corticosteroid sprays like nasacort are fine, but take a few days of use before getting desired results.

I would recommend zyrtec and nasal saline sprays. Ocean brand from Wal Mart is good. Neti pot is best. Lately I've been using nasal irrigation machine from target called sinu pulse elite. I use this once a week and zyrtec every other day or as needed. That combo has been great for me. Also a HEPA filter in the bedroom has helped out greatly. Claritin CAP529-U
Quote:Zyrtec...no drowsiness at all and works like a charm. I have awful allergies and it's a life saver!!

Is it better than Allegra? Cause i have taken allegra before, not so good. I also just bought Flonase nasal spray.
Zyrtec works best for me too.

It did work better than Allegra for me for pollen and pet allergies.
Pages: 1 2 3