Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ayers and Amukamara to visit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
1010XL reported a few minutes ago that Robert Ayers and Prince Amukamara will visit with the jags Tomorrow.

Interesting.
I thought they were having dinner with the jags tonight?
Ayers isn't exactly a pass-rushing machine, but he could do as a rotational guy. Maybe an early-down LEO if Fowler moves around between OLB and DE?

Amukamara's interesting. He's looked promising in the past, but injuries always seem to bite him. If he's healthy, no doubt he's an upgrade over Colvin, maybe as good as House. "If healthy," though. That's the big if for him.

Quote:Ayers isn't exactly a pass-rushing machine, but he could do as a rotational guy. Maybe an early-down LEO if Fowler moves around between OLB and DE?

Amukamara's interesting. He's looked promising in the past, but injuries always seem to bite him. If he's healthy, no doubt he's an upgrade over Colvin, maybe as good as House. "If healthy," though. That's the big if for him.

Ayers would be the ideal guy to bring in as a rotational LEO. Ayers by himself will produce more than both Branch and Clemons.

I'm also intrigued by Amukamara. The word around the league is that he wasn't used right in New York but he also hasn't been able to stay healthy.
Yeah, in college Prince seemed to excel in press coverage so I'd be interested to see him here.

Lock up Ayers, Prince, and resign Wiz and then start focusing on the draft.
I like prince. Is Claiborne from Dallas available?
Meh, I won't lose any sleep if either of those two went elsewhere.

Quote:I like prince. Is Claiborne from Dallas available?

Yup
I've seen just about every cowboy game he's played in(live an hour away from Dallas) and trust me he gets beat more than a drum. Definitely a bust. I would rather take a flyer on prince since I feel he would be a better fit here than in the Giants scheme.
As soon as he's cut.
Quote:Meh, I won't lose any sleep if either of those two went elsewhere.
But you'd spend $90 million on a defensive tackle?

Stop being so negative.

I don't think anyone in this thread would. It wouldn't hurt to have quality depth with a potential for more now would it?
Quote:But you'd spend $90 million on a defensive tackle?

You do when your stud DT is still coming back from a torn ACL and bicep over the past 2 seasons.  That DT also is a pretty disruptive and versatile player they can use at tackle and end.  If he's bringing pressure, and he's making the pocket uncomfortable for QBs, it's money well spent considering how anemic our pass rush was last year. 

That being said, Ayers would be a guy who they could plug in as the veteran presence to mentor Fowler much the way they thought Clemons would last year.  I'm betting Ayers would even show up for OTAs and training camp without the drama.  I don't have a problem with them going down that path to add a veteran to the rotation. 

Amukamura?  Meh.  I don't see that as an upgrade.
Quote:Stop being so negative.

I'd think you were being intentionally ironic if I weren't certain you lack the intellect do to so.
Quote:As soon as he's cut.

No, he's a FA
Would much rather call him Prince than try to pronounce his last name.. Always had trouble with his.
Quote:I'd think you were being intentionally ironic if I weren't certain you lack the intellect do to so.

Thiiiiiissssssss
Sign em up Dave!

I believe Claiborne has been cut already

Pages: 1 2 3 4