Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pre Draft starting Defensive Line?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would you say

Fowler

Marks

Jackson

Odrick
Quote:Would you say

Fowler

Marks

Jackson

Odrick
yup
That is a pretty solid defensive line.
Fowler

Jackson

Miller

Odrick
Quote:Fowler

Jackson

Miller

Odrick

No Marks?
Miller played good ball last year. I'd have him starting and then bring in Marks on 3rd/obvious passing situations.
Quote:No Marks?

No Marks.

Miller is different from the other three. And as far as I know Marks doesn't play big end and we just gave MJ $15M so I think Odrick and Jackson start.

I think Jackson in particular will be moved around a lot, Marks will see plenty of time at 3T.
Not sure Fowler will be on the line in this D Think he could stand up and move all over the field. Odrick, Miller, Marks, Jackson. Fowler standing up and blitzing from everywhere!

fowler miller jackson odrick

3rd down

fowler jackson marks odrick..... 

we don't have enough pass rushers to rotate yet. Lets see what Dave does.
I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson starts at Leo and then moves inside in our nickle packages.
Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson starts at Leo and then moves inside in our nickle packages.
I would.
With Marks and Fowler coming off injury.
http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#position=DL

RE Malik Jackson

NT Roy Miller

DT Odrick

LE Bosa

IMO that might happen...?

Marks has been injured two years in a row, and its possible he might get injured again... while I am sure he could be in it might be on a rotation basis, and if they do draft Bosa maybe Odrick rotates with him since he's a rookie..?

RE Malik Jackson back up - Fowler Jr.

NT Roy Miller - Backup - Tyson Alualu

DT Odrick Backup- Marks

LE Bosa Backup Odrick

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#position=DL'>http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#position=DL</a>

RE Malik Jackson

NT Roy Miller

DT Odrick

LE Bosa

IMO that might happen...?

Marks has been injured two years in a row, and its possible he might get injured again... while I am sure he could be in it might be on a rotation basis, and if they do draft Bosa maybe Odrick rotates with him since he's a rookie..?

RE Malik Jackson back up - Fowler Jr.

NT Roy Miller - Backup - Tyson Alualu

DT Odrick Backup- Marks

LE Bosa Backup Odrick

That would be a monster (in terms of size) d-line, reminiscent of the 2006-2007 line.

If the Jags were to take Bosa, the scheme would definitely have to be adjusted. No more LEO, OTTO, ELEPHANT END, etc. Bosa isn't a prototypical LEO, although he would fit in as a 4-3 DE.

Having Fowler split at DE and SLB would be interesting. Unless the Jags trade for another LEO or sign a couple pass rushers in free agency, I could see a scheme adjustment.
I think they expect to resign Andre Branch for LE backup, I forgot about Ryan Davis as another backup whom signed the tender for the inside... DT

Of course all of them would compete for Leo in preseason so who knows..

I wonder why GM Dave Caldwell didn't take a look at Robert Ayers DE from NYG?  He's going to Tampa bay for a workout today i had read..
Quote:I think they expect to resign Andre Branch for LE backup, I forgot about Ryan Davis as another backup whom signed the tender for the inside... DT

Of course all of them would compete for Leo in preseason so who knows..

I wonder why GM Dave Caldwell didn't take a look at Robert Ayers DE from NYG? He's going to Tampa bay for a workout today i had read..

He visited Tampa last night, and has the Jags and the Phins wanting a visit too. He isn't worth a bidding war though.
Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson starts at Leo and then moves inside in our nickle packages.

You poor poor soul

The line will look different according to down and distance. I don't see the point in listing only four guys with the amount of rotation we'll see.

Also - don't pigeonhole Jackson. He can get pressure from any position up front.

ESPN d-roc:

Jackson lined up at every spot during his four-year career with Denver and has recorded at least 2.5 sacks from all but one spot. Here’s the breakdown of his snaps and his 14 career sacks, courtesy of ESPN Stats & Information:

Right end (718 snaps): 4.0 sacks

Left end (498 snaps): 3.5 sacks

Right tackle (413 snaps): 0.5 sacks

Left tackle: (203 snaps): 2.5 sacks

Nose tackle (132 snaps): 3.5 sacks
Here's our starting defensive line: 

1st down: 

Fowler

Jackson

Miller

Marks

Odrick

4 out of those 5 guys lined up at various positions, sometime depending on where we can find a mismatch. 

2nd down

same thing

3rd down:

same thing.  

Okay, okay, that sounds like of snide, and some of you get irritated at my snide-ness, but that's really what it is.   Right now, we have so many guys who can play so many different positions, I think it will be pretty unpredictable. 
Fowler, Jackson, Marks, Davis
Pages: 1 2