Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marks injury prone label?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Refering to this article, http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...le-jaguars

"No. 3 overall pick, Dante Fowler, will be back from a torn ACL, and Jackson will be added to a defensive line that includes oft-injured defensive tackle Sen'Derrick Marks."

Fair label? 

Not really.

Dumb.

JT is a bust signing, we have "nothing" on defense and Marks is injury prone.

Don't buy the lazy narrative, people. It's just hacks not paying attention to the team beyond a chart on their computer screen.
Since his arrival to the Jags 3 seasons ago, he's had two season ending injuries over the past two years, the torn ACL at the end of his second season and torn triceps this past season.  He was healthy in year 1 with us.  I don't consider him "oft-injured" just yet as the ACL came at the end of the season; however, in fairness to the writer, it may be a fair statement to some.    

Considering both are "freak" injuries, No. It's not like the guy is standing on the sidelines or on the bikes because his hamstring keeps tightening up.
There's a"q" in Marqise.
Marks plays wide -open no-holds-barred football.

He's going to have some help on the line now too......Our D will rule next year.
In 7 years, he averages 12.4 games played per season, played 3 full seasons and missed a total of 25 games.

Quote:Considering both are "freak" injuries, No. It's not like the guy is standing on the sidelines or on the bikes because his hamstring keeps tightening up.
if these are to be considered 'freak' injuries (and they happen all too often in the NFL) then I guess it would be fair to say Marks is 'freakishly' unlucky.
Jackson next door will help.
Sports writers don't tend to be great investigative journalists.  If they only look at what's happened as a result of the ACL injury and beyond, then they can make the case that he's injury prone.  If they'd done any work at all to investigate, they would have recognized differently.  Just lazy journalism, which is typical for anyone covering this team.

You HAVE to be somewhat concerned about Mark's ability to come back from those 2 injuries and play at the same level, especially considering he isn't 25. 

I'd love him to come back and be that same guy, but until he does it, I'm not even worrying about him and putting him in rotation. You HAVE to otherwise you're setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Quote:You HAVE to be somewhat concerned about Mark's ability to come back from those 2 injuries and play at the same level, especially considering he isn't 25. 

I'd love him to come back and be that same guy, but until he does it, I'm not even worrying about him and putting him in rotation. You HAVE to otherwise you're setting yourself up for disappointment. 
One injury (ACL) is cause for concern, but he should be fully recovered this year. 

The bicep injury is a setback, but not career threatening. 

He should be fine, especially when you look at his work ethic.  The bicep injury was a fluke last year.