Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: HOU trying to get Osweiler?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ent-today/

Trying desperately to land their QB. Hope Denver doesn't let that happen. Not sure why they would.

I think they make a strong pitch to him. Bill O'brien, JJ Watt, Hopkins... He could be a good fit there. Still think he stays in Denver.

Once teams get a season of film on him (which they now have), they'll expose his weaknesses.   Well, we may not, but other teams will.

Considering the source, it's pretty much along the lines of BCC, I doubt that it's happening.

The Broncos will find a way to keep him. The last thing Kubiak wants is a post-Manning tank while a rookie QB figures out the game. Osweiler knows the game, he knows the team, and he's proven that he's a baller who fits in Kubiak's offense. They'll pony up for him.

I highly doubt Elway and Kubiak would let Osweiler walk away. 

Oh...
he walked
Gus Bradleys sphincter just got a little tighter.

Quote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ent-today/

Trying desperately to land their QB. Hope Denver doesn't let that happen. Not sure why they would.
hmm because Denver knows he isnt that good, hence why they had him on the bench over aging Peyton...
Quote:hmm because Denver knows he isnt that good, hence why they had him on the bench over aging Peyton...

Except that the Broncos offer was just a few million less per year.
Quote:hmm because Denver knows he isnt that good, hence why they had him on the bench over aging Peyton...

Actually, he was better for Denver under center than Manning was.  My gut tells me that his benching was more "putting a jar on the shelf" and giving Peyton the opportunity to get his ring and retire on top.
Any QB can look great behind that Defense & the offense in Denver at the SB is better than the Texans currently have so how good will he perform under Texans OC George Godsey whom had several QBs in the last couple of years....?

Quote:Except that the Broncos offer was just a few million less per year.

True they offered him what he was worth (the average QB in the NFL was making) but Houston felt he was in a tier higher than average QB, and I think he was upset that he was benched in lieu of Peyton Manning for the Playoffs. 

I mean it might have been money, but while extra millions don't hurt I think it was more of tension he felt with the GM (as stated by the weird comment Elway made afterwards).

Both teams had every right to do what they did, its just business but I do agree with the NFL radio that the comments weren't wise to be made by Elway.