Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chad Henne Bonus Check
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So each team has a bonus fund they pay out throughout the entire roster each year. Henne's bonus check:

$35.28

Don't spend it all in one place Chad.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18923...63646369=1
Someone's gonna go to Applebee's,

Quote:Someone's gonna go to Applebee's,

2 for $20 and some margaritas
Most QBs buy steak for their offensive line.

Henne buys pre-packaged ribs.

And he has to come out of pocket for Linder's rack.

That's 7 Cravings Deals at Taco Bell....Chad will be able to treat the starting offensive line and Marcedes Lewis.  Party on Wayne.

get an eighth and chill

I guess that was for taking that one snap, a kneel-down, last season.

I actually thought I might find a post in here that said he was overpaid with that bonus.

Well, he deftly took a knee in a tied game going into the half. It was probably for not fumbling or throwing a pick 6.

Quote:I guess that was for taking that one snap, a kneel-down, last season.

I actually thought I might find a post in here that said he was overpaid with that bonus.
Didn't Henne have a performance clause in his contract that meant he'd get an extra $75k for every game he played in? So that one kneel down cost $75,035.28.

Quote:Didn't Henne have a performance clause in his contract that meant he'd get an extra $75k for every game he played in? So that one kneel down cost $75,035.28.
One would assume that being on the active 46-man roster counts as a game played?

If not, then bravo, Mr. Henne, bravo. You are truly one of the great opportunists of our time.
Quote:One would assume that being on the active 46-man roster counts as a game played?
Nope, not in the way of stats anyway. In terms of stats Henne played in only one game last year and no games at all in 2015.
While I'm typically arguing that Henne isn't worth the money he's paid, in this case I have to hand it to him. He actually is worth the amount of his bonus check.

Per Mike DiRocco:

"The Jaguars will give out $3.995 million in performance-based pay bonuses, with the largest amount going to LB Telvin Smith ($293,471.03). QB Chad Henne received the smallest amount ($35.28) -- both with the Jaguars and the NFL. Every NFL team distributes the same amount. The fund is designed to supplement the salaries of players who are earning minimum paychecks or whose playing time is disproportionate to their salary. Henne earned his check by taking a knee at the end of the first half is the Jaguars' game against Detroit."

What kind of formula would determine that a player is underpaid,when he's already earning 4 million bucks a year, and all he does all year is take a knee?  

Anyone have a clue on this?   I am flabbergasted. 

Quote:What kind of formula would determine that a player is underpaid,when he's already earning 4 million bucks a year, and all he does all year is take a knee?  

Anyone have a clue on this?   I am flabbergasted. 

Well 4 Million for a QB probably is "underpaid".  They are probably using a number similar to the franchise tag system.
Sounds about right: ham sandwich.