Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars give Ryan Davis a 2nd round tender
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
@RapSheet #Jaguars extended a 2nd-round RFA tender to pass-rusher Ryan Davis, who had 3.5 sacks last year.

Good move imo
Good move.

Also tendered Abry Jones and Nic Jacobs.
Quote:@RapSheet #Jaguars extended a 2nd-round RFA tender to pass-rusher Ryan Davis, who had 3.5 sacks last year.

Good move imo

Nice. I like Ryan Davis. He's proven to be disruptive in this league, especially on third down. Just a little confused on why he didn't play all that much last season. Oh well. Better competition throughout the DLine will make him better.
Quote:Nice. I like Ryan Davis. He's proven to be disruptive in this league, especially on third down. Just a little confused on why he didn't play all that much last season. Oh well. Better competition throughout the DLine will make him better.
Yeah, it's not like the guys in front of him on the depth chart were tearing it up...
Quote:Yeah, it's not like the guys in front of him on the depth chart were tearing it up...

There had to have been a reason that we just simply don't know.

Davis thrived playing next to Marks on third and long.
It was all planned from the beginning.

Don't play him, and he won't get sacks. Play him, and you have to give him a 10 sack deal.

This is the kind of depth the Jags need
Quote:Just a little confused on why he didn't play all that much last season.
Too good on special teams to risk him on defense.
Quote:Too good on special teams to risk him on defense.

That excuse cheesed me off more than anything Gus has ever said.
The $2.553 mil, 2nd round tender was given to both of their RFAs, Ryan Davis and Abry Jones. The Jaguars now have the right to first refusal should anyone sign them, and if they let the other team sign the player, the Jaguars would get a 2nd round pick in return .

Their lone ERFA Nic Jacobs got an exclusive-rights tender meaning nobody else can negotiate with him and he'll make the league-minimum $510,000 base salary should he make the roster.

Quote:That excuse cheesed me off more than anything Gus has ever said.

[Image: bradley_thought.jpg]
2nd round tender for both, wow I hope somebody signs them both haha, we would have three 2nd round picks

Yeah we basically locked 'em up.

Abry Jones is actually a key reserve.  There's nobody behind Roy Miller but Abry.

About as meh as it gets.  Not really a lot of money.  Not really a lot of production.

Solid depth.

Quote:There had to have been a reason that we just simply don't know.

Davis thrived playing next to Marks on third and long.

You think maybe you answered your own question?
Some nice coin for Davis and Jones, two guys that came in undrafted.  

Seems like they want to keep Davis. Wonder why he doesnt see the field on game day
Quote:Seems like they want to keep Davis. Wonder why he doesnt see the field on game day

According to bobblehead Gus he was too valuable to special teams to waste his energy rushing the passer.
Quote:According to bobblehead Gus he was too valuable to special teams to waste his energy rushing the passer.

Lol yeah that kept me scratching my head when I heard why he isn't in the game more
Pages: 1 2