Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Let's talk Marqise Lee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
A few more days of waiting until free agency, but I wanted to see what the perception of Marqise Lee is around here.

Injuries have obviously really gotten to him so far. Allen Hurns has taken his spot as the "#2" wideout on this team.

I just don't want to forget how talented he actually is. His potential is perfect for this team. Quick screens, trick plays (reverses), underneath routes to burn a LB or S, and then over the top speed. Almost a perfect compliment to Hurns and Robinson IF HEALTHY.

I know the coaches and FO are still excited about Marqise Lee. Are you?
All I know is he's gonna be good.  Or not.

I definitely am ... I wish he stay healthy tho, i believe his potential is greater then Robinsons.. Actually had the chance to meet him at Marcedes Lewis football camp... And he says the team keeps him out a lot, based on certain injuries, but he be feeling fine to play... Hopefully he have a great year this season..
Just want him to contribute. Be like Brian Walters with some deep and big play ability.
Lee will have his breakout season in 2016.

His speed is being underestimated by much of this message board, IMO.
Quote:Lee will have his breakout season in 2016.

He was running free on a lot of his routes towards the end of last year, its only a matter of time before he puts up 150 yards and a couple of TD's.
For anyone not aware of the Marqise Lee Story (growing up), please click the link and take a few minutes to read the article below.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/24/...e-20121225

Here's a Clip

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">"You see the smile. What you don’t see are the seven tattoos, high on his arm and shoulders so they’ll be hidden by a shirt, the ink of his grief. There is a tattoo for the deaf mother who was ordered to relinquish custody when he was a child. There is a tombstone tattoo for the brother who was murdered by a rival gang who shot him five times in the back. There is a praying hands tattoo for, among other things, the brother who is serving time in a Mississippi jail for attempted murder.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);"> 

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">“People say things happen for a reason; well, I’m not trying to hear all that,” Lee said. “I don’t care about any reasons, some things just shouldn’t happen.”

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);"> 

<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">You see the smile. What you don’t see is Lee dropping to his knees in a crowded end zone before every game and making the sign of the cross seven times, once for each member of his family and support system. He prays long and hard for the group that inspired his unusually selfless Twitter handle, @TeamLee1."

Let's talk about Marqise Lee, let's talk about you and me.  Let's talk about all the good things and the bad things that may be. 

Haight and Ashbury, nice.  Not that cool anymore, but still some great history.

Quote:All I know is he's gonna be good. Or not.

Agree. I think. Maybe.

I'm not sure anyone underestimates his speed. I think most feel the only thing that he's burned is everyone's expectations, considering his injury history. I think if he can stay healthy and play to his crazy high ceiling, it won't take long for him to endear himself to the fan base.
Imagine this offense with a healthy albino tiger. I'm rooting for him.
Quote:Haight and Ashbury, nice.  Not that cool anymore, but still some great history.

Yeh, we did our pilgrimage to the corner of Haight & Ashbury last summer.  Cool to see the house Jerry used to live in.  Also, the burger place shown below was excellent !!!

[Image: the-haight-burger-urge-san-francisco-jen...reilly.jpg]

I certainly hope you're right. I would love to see that happen.

At this point though, for me, I'm just expecting "what we've seen is what we're gonna get". So far, I think Lee is just a guy that may put up a few games with decent numbers every now and then. Or, maybe be another CSIII (pretty good for a while but never being REALLY good). That'd be okay by me too, if that's the kind of production/player we'd get from a #3 WR. I'd take that all day.

I'd be ecstatic if he stays healthy and lights it up. But, for now, he's just a guy on the roster.
The great thing is we dont even need him. Any production from him is bonus.
Caldwell is lucky he had an opportunity to get Robinson because this guy doesn't like to play football. Waste of a 2nd is Lee.
I think he'll show up this season. It'd be nice if Lee could come in and produce while Hurns, or ARob take a breather. And when all three of them are out there together, look out.

If he can stay healthy, he makes our offense a nightmare for DCs,
Lee would be the first WR off the board in this upcoming draft.

Pages: 1 2 3 4