Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: LAPD testing knife found at OJ's property
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, this could get interesting.

I guess we all can thank FX for making people reexamine this case.

How interesting could it get? He can't be tried again and we know he did it.
Quote:How interesting could it get? He can't be tried again and we know he did it.

This.

Quote:How interesting could it get? He can't be tried again and we know he did it.
I would think that if there is enough circumstantial evidence and public pressure, the LAPD will be forced to reexamine the case. It would not surprise me if the LAPD purposefully withheld key evidence in order to avoid another series of race riots had O.J. been properly convicted.
The evidence has been tampered with by too many people to mean anything other than a possible season 2 of American Crime Story. Curious what comes out of this though.

This is the definition of tainted evidence. Not saying it may not have DNA evidence pointing to OJ. But a this is highly contestable in court.
The chain of custody doesn't exist.

Doesn't matter anyway.

Quote:I would think that if there is enough circumstantial evidence and public pressure, the LAPD will be forced to reexamine the case. It would not surprise me if the LAPD purposefully withheld key evidence in order to avoid another series of race riots had O.J. been properly convicted.
There's nothing to reexamine. The glove didn't fit; the case is over and cannot be revisited. 
BREAKING NEWS!  Knife was found on OJ Simpson's property ... 18 years ago.

Quote:This is the definition of tainted evidence. Not saying it may not have DNA evidence pointing to OJ. But a this is highly contestable in court.

If it implicates OJ, it can't go to court.  He can't face double jeopardy.

What it can do is close the case.

It would be nice for the family to have such closure.
Quote:There's nothing to reexamine. The glove didn't fit; the case is over and cannot be revisited. 

Shenanigans.  The glove did fit.  It just didn't fit over the additional pair of rubber gloves he had to wear under the evidence gloves while trying them on during the courtroom circus.

One of many missteps by the prosecution.
Quote:Shenanigans.  The glove did fit.  It just didn't fit over the additional pair of rubber gloves he had to wear under the evidence gloves while trying them on during the courtroom circus.

That was more a point about how double jeopardy rules apply than anything else. You and I both know he did it. The world knows he did it. Nothing that can be done at this point, so let's just let him enjoy prison.
Quote:Shenanigans. The glove did fit. It just didn't fit over the additional pair of rubber gloves he had to wear under the evidence gloves while trying them on during the courtroom circus.

Ridiculous to say the gloves fit, completely revisionist history. If you want to roll with "they didn't fit" because of X or Y, that's one thing.

Bear in mind the glove "fitting" took right in front of the jury.

Under no scenario can a reasonable person say the gloves fit.
Quote:That was more a point about how double jeopardy rules apply than anything else. You and I both know he did it. The world knows he did it. Nothing that can be done at this point, so let's just let him enjoy prison.

Curious as to what evidence provided convinced you of this.

Perhaps you have a completely different belief as to how the crime was committed by OJ.
Quote:Ridiculous to say the gloves fit, completely revisionist history. If you want to roll with "they didn't fit" because of X or Y, that's one thing.

Bear in mind the glove "fitting" took right in front of the jury.

Under no scenario can a reasonable person say the gloves fit.

LOL... ok.

They were his size.  Everyone who's worn them know they stretch to fit, that leather tightens and shrinks after being worn... and takes a few minutes after stretching them back on before they fit right again, that the heat, moisture, and oil are absorbed by the cold shrunken leather and make them pliable again.

And anyone with half a brain would know a properly fitting set of gloves would NEVER fit over a set of rubber gloves, as he was instructed to put on before putting on the evidence gloves.  His lawyers knew it would make a great circus exhibit, and the prosecution were too stupid to challenge that tripe properly.

Our resident lawyer hack at it again with the excuses.