Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Plan for Massive Pot-Smoking Protest at White House
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Bill Maher Inspires Plan for Massive Pot-Smoking Protest at White House

D.C. legalization leader reschedules 4/20 to protest Obama.

President Barack Obama may smell something familiar on April 2 when marijuana activists inspired by comedian Bill Maher host what they believe will be a massive act of civil disobedience in front of the White House.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016...hite-house

Hmm.. I might be in DC that weekend actually
They dare not cross Obama's line in the sand on this issue.

Weed is legal in DC, just not smokiing out in the open

Quote:Weed is legal in DC, just not smokiing out in the open

If I lived or worked there I would almost certainly have to smoke it to stay sane. Then again I don't even get a buzz from it, I just drift off to a peaceful and restful 12 hour sleep. Could have the same effect though....
Quote:If I lived or worked there I would almost certainly have to smoke it to stay sane. Then again I don't even get a buzz from it, I just drift off to a peaceful and restful 12 hour sleep. Could have the same effect though....

For some people, that is a buzz.
Like you could get that many stoners up off the couch at one time. What are they gonna do, park a dozen Doritos carrying semis on Pennsylvania Ave?
Quote:Bill Maher Inspires Plan for Massive Pot-Smoking Protest at White House D.C. legalization leader reschedules 4/20 to protest Obama.

President Barack Obama may smell something familiar on April 2 when marijuana activists inspired by comedian Bill Maher host what they believe will be a massive act of civil disobedience in front of the White House.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016...hite-house

If it becomes legal will that hurt or help the NFL and how so?

One might argue that it would enable an already growing movement of slothfulness in overweight American youth and thus reduce NFL fans & athletes.  That argument could be countered with some of the best American gold Olympians that tested positive for Marijuana.  From what I gather they have two types of strands of marijuana; indigo (lazy munchies type) and sativa (makes you want to play dumb frizbie golf).  

I assume if they stay away from Indigo it might not effect them overall.

Fans that are high might not buy alcohol effecting sales in stadiums, but I'm not sure if they wont still buy the same amount of alcohol.... or for that matter that they might not sell pot if it was legal increasing sales in food?

The problem of it becoming legal is who to enforce it.  If you have drunk driving you can smell the alcohol for example and have tests (breath, blood, etc) to determine if they were intoxicated yet with pot do they have any real way of telling?  Waving a cheetos bag in front of the driver waiting for the giggles?

Quote:If it becomes legal will that hurt or help the NFL and how so?

One might argue that it would enable an already growing movement of slothfulness in overweight American youth and thus reduce NFL fans & athletes.  That argument could be countered with some of the best American gold Olympians that tested positive for Marijuana.  From what I gather they have two types of strands of marijuana; indigo (lazy munchies type) and sativa (makes you want to play dumb frizbie golf).  

I assume if they stay away from Indigo it might not effect them overall.

Fans that are high might not buy alcohol effecting sales in stadiums, but I'm not sure if they wont still buy the same amount of alcohol.... or for that matter that they might not sell pot if it was legal increasing sales in food?

The problem of it becoming legal is who to enforce it.  If you have drunk driving you can smell the alcohol for example and have tests (breath, blood, etc) to determine if they were intoxicated yet with pot do they have any real way of telling?  Waving a cheetos bag in front of the driver waiting for the giggles?

Just because it's legal doesn't mean employers have to permit it.
not at the state level . it has to be legal at the federal level for employers have to allow it.

Quote:not at the state level . it has to be legal at the federal level for employers have to allow it.

Even then they don't. Conduct clauses in contract can exclude all kinds of legal behaviors.
Quote:Even then they don't. Conduct clauses in contract can exclude all kinds of legal behaviors.

Have you seen a contract banning alcohol use during non-working hours, even if the employee tests clean during working hours?

Quote:Have you seen a contract banning alcohol use during non-working hours, even if the employee tests clean during working hours?

Check with Mattloaf.

Quote:Have you seen a contract banning alcohol use during non-working hours, even if the employee tests clean during working hours?

Yes.
Quote:Yes.

Was it for an employee with a history of alcohol abuse?
Quote:Was it for an employee with a history of alcohol abuse?

Nope.
Quote:Nope.

What was the job?
Moral failure clauses exist in several vocations, medical and religious are just a few.
Interesting that using alcohol during off duty hours with no residual alcohol in your system when you show up for work the next day is considered moral failure.

Quote:Interesting that using alcohol during off duty hours with no residual alcohol in your system when you show up for work the next day is considered moral failure.

In temperence denominations it has to do with any use, not just office hours.
Pages: 1 2