Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texans QB Need
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They may trade up. They may wait. They've interviewed them all. They're taking one.

I'm not blown away by this class and think they're gonna be hard pressed to find the QB of their future in this draft. Even if they're willing to trade up to the top of the draft, am I crazy to think the ceiling for this whole class is 'not elite'?
Quote:They may trade up. They may wait. They've interviewed them all. They're taking one.

I'm not blown away by this class and think they're gonna be hard pressed to find the QB of their future in this draft. Even if they're willing to trade up to the top of the draft, am I crazy to think the ceiling for this whole class is 'not elite'?

Seems like a lot of guys that appear they could develop, but more likely to end up being Christian Ponder / Jake Locker like. Ok some days, really bad others.
I agree. 

The highest ceiling guy isn't ready for prime time (Wentz.)  He'll probably get the David Carr treatment by someone, especially if that someone is the Browns.

The most so-called "pro ready" QB reminds me of Bridgewater, which makes him a second rounder if the pickings weren't so slim.

Not a good year to need a QB at all.  And, not a good year to be a QB coming out.  Just look at where they're likely to land.

If Brock Osweiler hits the open market,  the Texans probably will aggressively try to sign him. 

Quote:If Brock Osweiler hits the open market,  the Texans probably will aggressively try to sign him. 

Man I hope so.  I really don't think he's very good.
May the good Lord bless and keep you....

... and may the tinhorns never find a decent quarterback. 

52 days (and 11 hours but who's counting) left until the NFL Draft!

NFL.com has QB Lynch going to the Texans in the 1st round???
May they never find one,,,,, AMEN

Texans might draft Connor Cook, QB at 6'4" he has Blake's sneaky speed, but needs to work on his footwork in order to improve at passing.  He would probably struggle his rookie year but might get better with time.