Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump University
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-u...2016-02-25

"The court documents, filed in federal court in California, claim that Trump University used radio and newspaper ads to draw students to free seminars with radio and newspaper ads promising access to instructors and information that made Trump a success. Once they got there, they were urged by speakers flanked by banners of Trump to sign up for a “one year apprenticeship” program, offering “a comprehensive real estate education” as well as access to mentors for a year, at the cost of $1,495, the documents claim."

"The one-year program turned out to be a three-day seminar aimed at convincing students to pay $34,995 for a “full education,” the lawsuit alleges. During the program, students were told to raise their credit card limits by four times so they could purchase property. However, the students were then asked to use the increased credit to buy the “Gold Program” seminar, the documents claim."
While probably legal definitely an unethical way of doing business. Not to mention some horrible advice use four times more debt to try and build wealth.
This guy, since 2010, had about 300 US residents applied for jobs at his Palm Beach resort..17 were hired. Yet he went after 500 visas for foreign workers for the resort. Then his Polish worker scam where he was sued..and lost.

Yet, his stance on foreigners. It is pretty obvious he's a charlatan.

Now the IRS has even come out stating he can still put out his tax return whether under audit or not.

I'm guessing the T in PT Barnum stands for Trump.

The funny thing to come out of this is he's making Rove and Beck go crazy.
This will only serve to bolster Trump's following. They admire his cunning.

Quote:This will only serve to bolster Trump's following. They admire his cunning.
"If he can outwit these people then he can surely make America great again!"
You would think for a "great negotiator" he could have negotiated a better hair piece...
Quote:You would think for a "great negotiator" he could have negotiated a better hair piece...

He could afford the best toupee made, or the best hair transplant. It's so bad it has to be his real hair.

I don't know where was all this so called damning information when Rubio & Cruz weren't desperate for votes after a failed campaign? 

You want to talk about cons how about a guy whom ran for Florida Senate stating he was going to do something about illegal immigration only to help create a bill for the democrats

on a path to citizenship which caused millions of children to cross over the borders sometimes unattended that led to their death, rape, slavery (sex rings), etc.

Did Rubio rape & kill those kids no but his failed bill was a cause and effect....

All this bickering and name calling only makes all of them look worse, and the country can't have Hilary for four years...

I can see myself voting Cruz or Trump but never Rubio!

Not to mention the fact that Rubio didn't show up for most of the votes in his very short term he was already too worried about being promoted to the highest office.

Plus he has shady past of taking money from lobbyist in unethical ways....

I don't know much about this Trump university so I will have to look more into it, but all these money back lobbyist "establishment" that think Trump voters are going to leave for Rubio must be crazy..

most of them will simply vote for Cruz..

Quote:"If he can outwit these people then he can surely make America great again!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXiK9xas7KU
Wouldn't doubt it... Still gets my vote over Billary and Bernie

Quote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXiK9xas7KU

He wouldn't be the Republican front runner without them.

The title of this thread gets a chuckle every time I read it. Trump University, indeed.
Turns out Rubio attended Trump University because he just got

SCHOOLED!

in two states today..
Quote:http://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-u...2016-02-25

"The court documents, filed in federal court in California, claim that Trump University used radio and newspaper ads to draw students to free seminars with radio and newspaper ads promising access to instructors and information that made Trump a success. Once they got there, they were urged by speakers flanked by banners of Trump to sign up for a “one year apprenticeship” program, offering “a comprehensive real estate education” as well as access to mentors for a year, at the cost of $1,495, the documents claim."

"The one-year program turned out to be a three-day seminar aimed at convincing students to pay $34,995 for a “full education,” the lawsuit alleges. During the program, students were told to raise their credit card limits by four times so they could purchase property. However, the students were then asked to use the increased credit to buy the “Gold Program” seminar, the documents claim."

As much as these people rant about trump University they always neglect to mention the fact that the original complainant and lead plaintiff in the case is so embarrassed to testify at Trial that she is actually trying to leave the case.  You have a situation where the Lawyers from Trump university are petitioning the judge to KEEP her on so that she can be cross examined, that's the strength of the case.  

Sales training is always a tough sell.  Investment consulting is always a tough sell.  Millions upon millions of people have 401k's 403bs and other employer directed investment accounts, but the employer doesn't provide anyone to consult or give investment advice to the employees.  WHY?  Because if you have one person take a 5% hit based on the advise of an adviser provided by the company you're looking at a lawsuit.  

I have been involved in training financial professionals.  As part of our recruiting we offer to subsidize professional licensing.  you'd be surprised how many people come back and claim that we ripped them off because we paid half their licensing fee and they didn't pass the test.  

You wanna talk about real Fraud, go listen to the tapes of how Goldman Sachs treats their clients, read about how they nearly took the economy to the brink of destruction and then tell me how Ted Cruz could let his wife work their and take their money.  Tell me how Hillary Clinton can take their money.  

In the entirety of the Trump business record this is so small ball that it defies logic how this has been blown up to this magnitude.  
As of today March 9th Donald Trump has over 36% of the delegates that he needs to win, but after next Tuesday he'll be far closer to securing this race.

As of today, Rubio only has less than 13% of the delegates needed and really should get out of the race..

along with Kasich whom has only 4% of the delegates needed and hasn't won any states to date.

I predict after March 15 (Next Tuesday) Donald Trump will have around 65% of the delegates needed to win and Rubio will drop out of the race along with Kasich,

making it the Donald vs Lying Ted!

Quote:As of today March 9th Donald Trump has over 36% of the delegates that he needs to win, but after next Tuesday he'll be far closer to securing this race.

As of today, Rubio only has less than 13% of the delegates needed and really should get out of the race..

along with Kasich whom has only 4% of the delegates needed and hasn't won any states to date.

I predict after March 15 (Next Tuesday) Donald Trump will have around 65% of the delegates needed to win and Rubio will drop out of the race along with Kasich,

And then the GOP establishment have a massive implosion
Quote:As of today March 9th Donald Trump has over 36% of the delegates that he needs to win, but after next Tuesday he'll be far closer to securing this race.

You don't really understand how this works do you?
Quote:You don't really understand how this works do you?

Lol no I don't think he doea
Quote:You don't really understand how this works do you?

He thinks trump will sweep the winner take all states on march 15. You moght disagree but what is he missing?