Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: For those who say Bradley does not adjust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...ef874db2b7

Talk is cheap. His actions say otherwise.

Coach of the year next season.
Quote:Talk is cheap. His actions say otherwise.
Well...he fired Babich and Fisch.

He can't totally be averse to scheme adjustment, can he?
I'm not banging the pots on the halftime adjustments anymore.

Why didn't the great Belicheat adjust during the AFC Championship game?

Why didn't Riverboat Ron adjust during the Superbowl?

Neither guy mixed it up.  It seems that this is a fading part of the NFL.

Now we do have plenty to be upset about in other scenarios for our coaching.  This seems to go back to once the season starts you don't have a means to adjust too much during it.
Quote:I'm not banging the pots on the halftime adjustments anymore.

Why didn't the great Belicheat adjust during the AFC Championship game?

Why didn't Riverboat Ron adjust during the Superbowl?

Neither guy mixed it up.  It seems that this is a fading part of the NFL.

Now we do have plenty to be upset about in other scenarios for our coaching.  This seems to go back to once the season starts you don't have a means to adjust too much during it.
Or perhaps there are adjustments made that aren't readily apparent to John Q. Fan.
Quote:Or perhaps there are adjustments made that aren't readily apparent to John Q. Fan.

Maybe the talking heads just don't point it out anymore.  I have clear memories of TC's time here and he would adjust the protection and routes at half time.
Quote:Or perhaps there are adjustments made that aren't readily apparent to John Q. Fan.

Or you could look at first half offensive production vs second half offensive production from last year and see for yourself how well the jags coaching staff made adjustments.
Quote:Or you could look at first half offensive production vs second half offensive production from last year and see for yourself how well the jags coaching staff made adjustments.
Or you can see how some weaknesses at some positions make successful adjustments impossible, either on their own or to offset opposing adjustments elsewhere.

A team can make good adjustments and still lose, and make no adjustments and still win.  Case in point the first ever Monday Night game in Jaguars history against the Steelers.  Brackens dominated Steelers' LT John Jackson in the first half.  In the second half, Cowher decided to chip Brackens with a RB going out on pass routes (something I wish Bradley and Co. considered against Houston in that last game) and minimized Brackens' impact in the second half.  The Steelers still lost the game despite the good adjustment.

I saw lots of adjusting.  It was just that none of it worked due to weak talent and dumb mistakes from key positions. 

From what Caldwell,Bradley and Wash have said I think we will see a more traditional 4-3 defensive line this year. Probably removing the Leo and elephant.
Quote:"It's about trying to get the best players on the field," Bradley said. "We have our core principles. We have our core beliefs. But if it needs tweaking to get the best players on the field we have to be flexible enough to do it."

QFT
Quote:I saw lots of adjusting. It was just that none of it worked due to weak talent and dumb mistakes from key positions.
Agreed.

They've adjusted on both offense and defense. On offense most notably they switched from ZBS to power and on defense they tried multiple approaches which unfortunately didn't work mainly due to lack of talent. It's not always X's and O's.
Quote:I saw lots of adjusting.  It was just that none of it worked due to weak talent and dumb mistakes from key positions. 
This ^

Some knuckleheads just think they're smarter than the NFL, so they blame the first thing they can think of.
He mentions that he's open to "tweeking" the scheme, but not changing "the core beliefs" of the team.  He fired fall-guy Babich, and hired a guy that believes in the same existing Jag's defensive scheme.  It sounded like good coach speak to me, as almost all coaches will tell you they adjust to the strengths of the players.  Do they?  ....sometimes.    

So first, nobody has 'accountability'. They fire the defensive coordinator of the worst defense in Jag's history, and he's a 'scapegoat'. I don't get it.
Quote:So first, nobody has 'accountability'. They fire the defensive coordinator of the worst defense in Jag's history, and he's a 'scapegoat'. I don't get it.

The problem is another step up the chain, that's what makes Babich the scapegoat. Bradley heaped all the defense's sins on him and sent him off to the wilderness.
Quote:Coach of the year next season.
At the Dairy Queen little league facility?

^^ this ^^

As if the opponent isn't changing, either...
Quote:The problem is another step up the chain, that's what makes Babich the scapegoat. Bradley heaped all the defense's sins on him and sent him off to the wilderness.

Uh-huh.
Pages: 1 2 3