Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2016 Expectations For Fowler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NFL.com put out a nice article on the 2016 expectations for Dante Fowler.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nte-fowler

Pretty good breakdown of his recovery progress and what can realistically be expected from him in his first season.

This will prove to be horrible news for the bibbers, whiners, and knee jerkers though. The reasons why should be evident when you read the article. Commence to whining, bibbers.

I'm excited to see him in action.
Can't wait to see the kid play.  Gotta' speed up the clock on these opposing QBs next season.  No idea what his impact will be in year one, but I'm confident it will be better than Father Time and Don Quixote.

Interesting article... None of us had these expectations I'm sure ... Thanks Dakota...
Quote:Can't wait to see the kid play. Gotta' speed up the clock on these opposing QBs next season. No idea what his impact will be in year one, but I'm confident it will be better than Father Time and Don Quixote.

Lolol. You are on fire the last few days.
Quote:Interesting article... None of us had these expectations I'm sure ... Thanks Dakota...
I'm here to help.

I don't want your jerking knees to knock out your tooth.

Think of it as a public service announcement because I worry about you.
Quote:Can't wait to see the kid play. Gotta' speed up the clock on these opposing QBs next season. No idea what his impact will be in year one, but I'm confident it will be better than Father Time and Don Quixote.

Heelarius lmao
Quote:NFL.com put out a nice article on the 2016 expectations for Dante Fowler.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nte-fowler

Pretty good breakdown of his recovery progress and what can realistically be expected from him in his first season.

This will prove to be horrible news for the bibbers, whiners, and knee jerkers though. The reasons why should be evident when you read the article. Commence to whining, bibbers.

They should try to trade him now then for another first round pick this year.
Brilliant.

Quote: 

Players recovering from similar soft tissue injuries will attest to the fact that Year 2 after an ACL injury is far better than Year 1

This truly is a consistent theme in this league. I've noticed time and time again how a player comes back the first year from an ACL and just doesn't quite measure up, but then the following year is a bit of a breakout year for the player. I expect Fowler's natural skills to give the Jaguars defense a new dynamic while allowing guys like Sen'Derrick Marks and Tevin Smith to have great seasons. Having said that, I see 2017 being a HUGE season for Dante with him having figured stuff out this season. In other words, I do expect big things from Fowler right away, but not really great things... the great things will come next year.

Perhaps I'm stating the obvious here, but the article didn't really say anything about Fowler's performance expectations other than to rush the passer. Maybe it's because I'm tuned in to the Jacksonville situation, but there really wasn't anything new to me about him being an additional First Round pick for 2016 or that he was selected before Leonard Williams.

Ah well, gotta fill the airwaves with talk I guess.

I'm expecting 23 total sacks this upcoming season and nothing less.
Quote:This truly is a consistent theme in this league. I've noticed time and time again how a player comes back the first year from an ACL and just doesn't quite measure up, but then the following year is a bit of a breakout year for the player.
I wonder how this dynamic will work in Fowler's case.

As you recall, Fowler tore his ACL in early May. 

The normal recovery time for a torn ACL-as we heard in the case of Aaron Colvin-is nine months.

By the time the preseason rolls around, Fowler would have had fifteen (15) months to recover from the tear.

Given he is recovering from a serious knee injury and he is still  a rookie, I don't expect too much from him.

But I'm wondering if we could expect more from him with the extra recovery time vs. a guy nine months removed from the same injury.  Perhaps somewhere in between the 9 and 24 month period in terms of performance?

It's good to see that favorable report on his progress.

Quote:I'm expecting 23 total sacks this upcoming season and nothing less.

Given he was drafted last year.  He'd be at 11.5 sacks per year on average, BUST!!
Inferno.

Dante's Inferno

Lets go dante !!!! PUMPED.

Quote:This truly is a consistent theme in this league. I've noticed time and time again how a player comes back the first year from an ACL and just doesn't quite measure up, but then the following year is a bit of a breakout year for the player. I expect Fowler's natural skills to give the Jaguars defense a new dynamic while allowing guys like Sen'Derrick Marks and Tevin Smith to have great seasons. Having said that, I see 2017 being a HUGE season for Dante with him having figured stuff out this season. In other words, I do expect big things from Fowler right away, but not really great things... the great things will come next year.
What's even better is that in 2017, our new coach will know how to use him!
Quote:What's even better is that in 2017, our new coach will know how to use him!

Begging the question... at what point this year does Bradley officially throw Gus under the bus to distance himself?