Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mitt Romney on possible 'bombshell' in Trump's tax returns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
 Even as someone who is strongly against Donald Trump in his attempt to win the 2016 Republican Nomination for President,  the following video is a reminder why Mitt Romney was an epic failure in the 2012 General President Election.  I seriously doubt that a significant number of Trump supporters and those seriously considering supporting him are concerned about Trump releasing his tax info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ooVCT_zak4
Quote: Even as someone who is strongly against Donald Trump in his attempt to win the 2016 Republican Nomination for President,  the following video is a reminder why Mitt Romney was an epic failure in the 2012 General President Election.  I seriously doubt that a significant number of Trump supporters and those seriously considering supporting him are concerned about Trump releasing his tax info.

Trump makes a lot of claims about how rich he is, and how much money he donates to charity.   But the proof is in those tax returns, because lying to the IRS is a felony.   If he releases those tax returns, it'll be open season.  
Quote:Trump makes a lot of claims about how rich he is, and how much money he donates to charity.   But the proof is in those tax returns, because lying to the IRS is a felony.   If he releases those tax returns, it'll be open season.  

Pretty sad that it has come to this in an attempt to slow down the Trump train. This is nothing more than a small twig on the tracks of the freight train that is Teflon Trump.
Quote:Trump makes a lot of claims about how rich he is, and how much money he donates to charity.   But the proof is in those tax returns, because lying to the IRS is a felony.   If he releases those tax returns, it'll be open season.  

Quote:Pretty sad that it has come to this in an attempt to slow down the Trump train. This is nothing more than a small twig on the tracks of the freight train that is Teflon Trump.
I gotta side with SC on this one.

Donald's supporters don't care that he's lying about his wealth, nor will they care that he's uncharitable.  They love his bluster and swagger.

Predictably, Donald's reaction to Romney's claim:  "He's a loser."  It will continue to be his refrain when asked the tough questions.
Yes, release your tax return so the MSM can pick you apart on stupid little items of insignificance to create non-stories. Brilliant idea.

The fact that Romney is SPECULATING that there is some "bombshell" in his tax return with absolutely ZERO evidence of such goes to show how the media is pulling out all the stops to take down Trump. It was funny to see Rick Perry, a loser, follow up Mitt Romney, another loser, reinforce the position and continue speculating. They can try and take down Donald Trump, but their standard tactics of smearing and slandering aren't going to work. It's just going to continue driving home the message that the media is a corrupt fourth arm of the government that exists in its current form to only benefit the political elites and globalists. A large segment of the population is waking up to these repetitive dirty tricks and psyoperations to manipulate their voting habits. I for one LOVE watching the establishment crash, burn, and cry.

Trumpettes will no doubt admire their boy for taking advantage of loopholes and shoddy auditing and use it as an example of what he will change when he is POTUS.
Quote:Trumpettes will no doubt admire their boy for taking advantage of loopholes and shoddy auditing and use it as an example of what he will change when he is POTUS.

In other news both abama and biden paid less than 15% back in 2012
Quote:In other news both abama and biden paid less than 15% back in 2012

I don't care what people pay in taxes, as long as they tell the truth.  If Obama and Biden paid 15%, more power to them.   Same with Trump.  

It would be interesting to see what's in those tax returns.  

It's a common political trick, though, to hold back on something, let your opponents build up all sorts of theories about what's being held back, and then release it, and there's nothing there.  So your opponents, having accused you of all sorts of chicanery, have egg on their face when none of it is true. 
I... I... Agree?
My tax return isn't this big. Shows how dysfunctional our tax system is.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcEu6UCUcAAB08P.jpg:large

Quote:My tax return isn't this big. Shows how dysfunctional our tax system is.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CcEu6UCUcAAB08P.jpg:large

This is the result of having alot of investments/ownerships. The reason its so big is because he has to disclose all that income from these different entities. Not really a result of the system, just a result of alot of activity from Trump.

Why wouldn't he donate to charity and get the tax deduction? Most people with that much money donate just for that reason.
Quote:Trumpettes will no doubt admire their boy for taking advantage of loopholes and shoddy auditing and use it as an example of what he will change when he is POTUS.

Shoddy auditing? You mean like how Obama had the IRS target conservative organizations?
I dont know what this "bomb shell" is and it probably doesn't even exist. This is probably a tactic by Fox News to scare voters away from Trump.

The only thing I can think of is that Trump has investments in corporations that carry large operations overseas (taking advantage of the foreign income exclusions), therefore making it look like Trump is really not pro-America. The problem with that is people like Hillary, Al Gore, ect., people so many of these liberals will vote for, also have big investments in similar companies.

Quote:I dont know what this "bomb shell" is and it probably doesn't even exist. This is probably a tactic by Fox News to scare voters away from Trump.

The only thing I can think of is that Trump has investments in corporations that carry large operations overseas (taking advantage of the foreign income exclusions), therefore making it look like Trump is really not pro-America. The problem with that is people like Hillary, Al Gore, ect., people so many of these liberals will vote for, also have big investments in similar companies.

Trump's own businesses carry large operations overseas. He is an international businessman. I don't think there is any "bombshell" in there, but there are likely a lot of little credits and loopholes he used that the media can spin into being a negative. Trump has even admitted to using credits and loopholes in his taxes to his advantage because they exist! He also said he wants to close them because they are inherently bad for the country.

There is no reason at all to release his tax forms. He already filed his financials. The MSM is just looking for another "gotcha" to throw at Trump to take him down, no matter how insignificant it is. The establishment is scared poopless and are desperate.
Quote:Why wouldn't he donate to charity and get the tax deduction? Most people with that much money donate just for that reason.

A tax deduction?   That's giving away a dollar to get back 40 cents.   
Quote:A tax deduction?   That's giving away a dollar to get back 40 cents.   

Ya..... tax deduction.  It's not complicated.  People would usually rather give to charity of their choice and get a deduction rather than just paying all tax.
Quote:Trump's own businesses carry large operations overseas. He is an international businessman. I don't think there is any "bombshell" in there, but there are likely a lot of little credits and loopholes he used that the media can spin into being a negative. Trump has even admitted to using credits and loopholes in his taxes to his advantage because they exist! He also said he wants to close them because they are inherently bad for the country.

There is no reason at all to release his tax forms. He already filed his financials. The MSM is just looking for another "gotcha" to throw at Trump to take him down, no matter how insignificant it is. The establishment is scared poopless and are desperate.

Ya, I dont see how an IRS approved credit is somehow a bad thing.

But hey, let's see Hillary and Bill's taxes. If Im Trump I just say, "Show me yours and I'll show you mine."

I've heard this from both left and right, but there's no proof for either. Tax forms don't show how rich a person is, they only show how much his wealth has grown in that year. And anyone can donate to charity and not claim it on a tax form. He could just say that the bulk of his donations went to charities that weren't IRS approved.