Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: AFC SOUTH drafting this year and past
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In regards to the NFL draft 2016,

Many think that the Titans will draft

OT Larmey Tunsil with the first overall pick

many have the Jaguars drafting <b>Jalen Ramsey, S/CB, Florida State</b>

with the 5th overall pick (a couple say <b>Joey Bosa, DE/OLB, Ohio State) or <b>Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida</b></b>

Part of that is how GM Dave Caldwell keeps a good poker face prior to the draft.

some have the Colts drafting <b>Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State </b>with the 20th pick others show OT Decker or LB

Then the Texans are a bit harder to figure out...

some say <b>Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State  to anywhere to a QB like Carson Wentz</b>

<b>--------------------------------------</b>

Previous few years

TITANs

2015 #2 overall pick QB Marcus Mariota

2014 #11th overall pick OT Taylor Lewan

2013 #10 OG Chance Warmack

JAGUARS

2015 #3 overall pick DL Dante Fowler Jr

2014 #3 overall pick QB Blake Bortles * (ProBowl)

2013 #2 overall pick OT Luke Joeckel

COLTS

2015 #29th overall pick WR Phillip Dorsett

2014 #59 (no 1st) OT Mewhort

2013 #24 DE Werner

TEXANS

2015 #16 CB Kevin Johnson

2014 #1 overall pick OLB J. Clowney

2013 #WR Hopkins* (Pro Bowl)

Which team do you think has drafted the best (first round) based on where they could draft & whom they drafted?

Quote:JAGUARS

2015 #3 overall pick DL Dante Fowler Jr
2014 #3 overall pick QB Blake Bortles * (ProBowl)
2013 #2 overall pick OT Luke Joeckel

2nd, 3rd, & 3rd overall in consecutive years. Yep, that's a Shad Khan team alright. With our luck whoever we draft will either get injured or simply enjoy a 12 month Florida vacation on the Jag's dime until the new HC arrives and actually starts leading this team.
The Texans landed the best player with Hopkins

The Jaguars landed the most important player with Bortles (TBD on Mary)

Titans hit on at least 2 maybe all 3 of their picks so I guess I would say they have the most solid group.

Colts are clearly the worst, but picked much later on average. Still terrible though.

I would probably say Texans or Jags dependant on Fowler and Clowney recovery.
I had a dream the Texans drafted some random no name qb in the first this year. Hopefully that comes true
Actually, the tacks have drafted pretty well from looking at their last 3. 

Quote:Actually, the tacks have drafted pretty well from looking at their last 3.

Agree. I really can't argue with their philosophy of building up the O-line (especially if they draft Tunsil this year too). Eventually that line is going to be very stout as those guys gain experience.
Madden always said games are won at the lines, and you would think that they want to protect Mariota especially with a very deep WR class in this year's draft.

The DL candidates didn't really impress in the combine, a lot of them could go in the 2nd round too.
Quote:Madden always said games are won at the lines, and you would think that they want to protect Mariota especially with a very deep WR class in this year's draft.

The DL candidates didn't really impress in the combine, a lot of them could go in the 2nd round too.

I think you got it backwards. Deep DL draft. WRs sucked at the combine.
Quote:The Texans landed the best player with Hopkins

The Jaguars landed the most important player with Bortles (TBD on Mary)

Titans hit on at least 2 maybe all 3 of their picks so I guess I would say they have the most solid group.

Colts are clearly the worst, but picked much later on average. Still terrible though.

I would probably say Texans or Jags dependant on Fowler and Clowney recovery.
Nah... Kevin Johnson...?

Fowler and Clowney are a wash unless somehow one becomes a monster star and the other fades into obscurity.

I think the tacks QB is a huge "?" IMO

But with Tunsil and Warmack and Lewan they could have a pretty good Oline.

but if Fowler pans out and LJ is servicable we should have the best, picking top 3 three years in a row
Quote:I think you got it backwards. Deep DL draft. WRs sucked at the combine.

I guess it doesn't matter I don't think the Jaguars need to draft a WR in the top rounds.

If the DL is deep more of a reason to go with DB or LT in the first and 2nd round.