Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags sign LB Josh Mcnary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Chammmmmpppiiiooooonnnssshhhiippp
Looks like yet another Special Teams ace...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Last season in 2016, McNary appeared in all 16 games for the first time in his career (three starts) and totaled 14 tackles (nine solo), as well as a team-high nine special teams tackles.

6'0" 251 lbs. College: Army. Undrafted, been with the Colts.

Beast
Colts fans hated this guy haha
Is there ever a guy who is signed that's not a special teams ace and just a special teams guy? Every special teams player in the history of Jags FA is a "special teams ace" lol.
I assume if they weren't good Special Teams guys with their former teams we wouldn't want them.....and would instead use the Draft and

UDFA to find our ST "Aces".

So no....I guess we wouldn't sign just a regular Special Teams "guy".

Tom McManus may have his chance at a "Comeback" after all.

Soup or Bowl

Quote:Tom McManus may have his chance at a "Comeback" after all.

I like Tom, but that tryout was painful.
Tom McManus? That's a name I have not heard in a while. Is he still peddling his book, inspirational t-shirts and talking about that time he met Russell Crowe?

Quote:Is there ever a guy who is signed that's not a special teams ace and just a special teams guy? Every special teams player in the history of Jags FA is a "special teams ace" lol.

I figure leading your team in ST tackles deserves the "ace" label.

Quote:I figure leading your team in ST tackles deserves the "ace" label.

Not just saying this guy in specific. I don't ever recall a guy be signed for special teams who isn't labeled an "ace". Just find it funny.
Our special teams was trash last year, so at least it seems they're addressing it. It would be nice of we get some depth at LB at the same time...
My gut is telling me Josh McNary won't make the 53 roster.....just a guess.

DeCamillis is bent on filling camp with guys that will change the kick coverage situation dramatically.

These LBs are all guys that have had good numbers of tackles on ST in at least one prior season.

They are finding some core guys rather than just using what's left at the bottom of the depth chart.
Willing to sign guys with baggage, pay attention!

I shall call him McNasty
Pages: 1 2