Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump Explained
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2...ned-213658

"Trump has always known how to put on a show. But the ultimate source of his exceptionalism resides in his supporters. Without them, he and his sunny, hollow promises are nothing. They, who have given their man wider sanction to say horrible, naughty and transgressive things about individuals, ethnic groups and religions than any major candidate to run for president. At the same time, his supporters have made no demands on Trump to demonstrate even a cursory understanding of how public policy works—allowing him to take squishy and flexing positions on such issues as Planned Parenthood, gun control, Iraq and medical insurance. (“I want to thank Donald Trump for being just as divided as this country is,” as Stephen Colbert recently put it.) When you don’t stand for anything but “greatness,” flip-flops or lies make little difference to your followers."

Here's another one, this time by conservative Mona Charen:

"No, there's a better theory for why 35 percent of Republican primary voters are ready to hand the nomination to a bullying, loutish con man who accuses George W. Bush of war crimes while promising to commit some of his own (killing the wives and children of suspected terrorists and stealing the oil of Middle Eastern nations).

"For the past several years, leading voices of what Matt Lewis has called "con$ervative" media, along with groups such as Heritage Action and politicians such as Sen. Ted Cruz, have ceaselessly promoted the false narrative that the Republican "grass roots" have been betrayed by the Republican leadership in Washington.

"Rather than aim their anger at President Obama and the Democrats, right-wing websites, commentators such as Ann Coulter and Mark Levin and many others have instead repeated the libel that "Republicans gave Obama everything he wanted." There has been a flavor of "stabbed in the back" to these accusations. If not for the treachery of the Republican Party, they claim, a party too timorous or too corrupt to stand up to Obama, we could have defunded Obamacare, balanced the budget, halted the Iran deal, you name it."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/article...29715.html
My favorite line from the politico piece:

"unlike a failing Trump company, a failing Trump presidency could not sneak away into the night by declaring bankruptcy."

I'd like to add, it's not like he can use his New York lawyers to sue China, Russia, Mexico, and Iran into submission (or any of the other "enemies" we'll make along the way during a Trump presidency).

I remain utterly shocked not by him, nor his behavior, because  I expected it from watching his boorish behavior over the last 20 years.  I just can't believe anyone thinks it's a good idea to elect him.
Quote:I found this amusing. 

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/do...ders-msnbc

What was amusing about it? It does describes both of them.

Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are very similar on what they desire, they just have different methods of achieving it.

Anyway, there is a lot of disinfo being spewed by the media to discredit Trump and his platform, much of which is re-posted here. I suggest that if you think you understand Trump or believe the disinfo the media perpetuates, you watch this very informational video. It is long and will test your patience, but I believe it will genuinely help you decypher what Donald Trump is :thumbsup:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw8c2Cq-...e=youtu.be

Quote:What was amusing about it? It does describes both of them.

Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are very similar on what they desire, they just have different methods of achieving it.

Anyway, there is a lot of disinfo being spewed by the media to discredit Trump and his platform, much of which is re-posted here. I suggest that if you think you understand Trump or believe the disinfo the media perpetuates, you watch this very informational video. It is long and will test your patience, but I believe it will genuinely help you decypher what Donald Trump is :thumbsup:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw8c2Cq-...e=youtu.be

All these misconceptions about Trump allegedly perpetuated by the media are what Trump wants to happen. This guy even says it in the first few minutes, all that matters is getting attention. Strategic exaggeration? Who's foolin' who?

I don't care about Trump's battle with the media. That's what this video is all about, and there's a lot of opinion presented as fact.
Quote:...it will genuinely help you decypher what Donald Trump is...
No deciphering required.

Its not as deep as you're trying to make it out.

A horrible idea is a horrible idea, and he's got them in spades.

And, yes I already knew about the sensationalism. And I think its disgusting and insulting for a candidate to employ it in a campaign.
Quote:A horrible idea is a horrible idea, and he's got them in spades.

And, yes I already knew about the sensationalism. And I think its disgusting and insulting for a candidate to employ it in a campaign.

Then you must really hate politics!!!
Quote:Then you must really hate politics!!!
I do indeed.

Of course I mean that he's stooping to new record-low levels of sensationalism, but yeah, you're correct.
with all due respect, Al Gore insinuated that a Bush Victory meant that black churches would burn down and black people would be dragged behind pick up trucks with no justice. 
Quote:with all due respect, Al Gore insinuated that a Bush Victory meant that black churches would burn down and black people would be dragged behind pick up trucks with no justice. 

Also people quickly forget the push polls in 2000 that were claiming John McCain was fathering illegitimate black children. In contrast, Trump's campaign has been relatively tame. Most of the trickery and deception has actually been coming from the Cruz and Rubio campaigns. Trump just happens to generate the most media attention because every little thing he does is under a microscope.
Donald Trump is one of the most professionally successful candidates in the history of the electoral process.  you have to start talking about guys like eisenhower, Grant, And Washington who Won wars to come up with rivals.  

The foundation of his campaign has nothing to do with rhetoric, it has to do with his record of professional success, specifically in the private sector actually building things and serving people.  That's why when you poll who's best to run the economy he pulls in 65 plus of the republican electorate.  

In reality, its anyone who thinks anyone running on either ticket is more Qualified than Trump, to represent this country's economic interests in trade negotiations, that's crazy.  

Quote:with all due respect, Al Gore insinuated that a Bush Victory meant that black churches would burn down and black people would be dragged behind pick up trucks with no justice. 

Really?   I don't remember that at all.  Do you have a link or anything? 
Trump baaaaaad. Hillary gooooooooood.
Quote:Donald Trump is one of the most professionally successful candidates in the history of the electoral process. you have to start talking about guys like eisenhower, Grant, And Washington who Won wars to come up with rivals.

The foundation of his campaign has nothing to do with rhetoric, it has to do with his record of professional success, specifically in the private sector actually building things and serving people. That's why when you poll who's best to run the economy he pulls in 65 plus of the republican electorate.

In reality, its anyone who thinks anyone running on either ticket is more Qualified than Trump, to represent this country's economic interests in trade negotiations, that's crazy.

Things are a tad more complex then a simple valuation of whether a position makes more money than the next.

Every time I hear someone suggest we simply need a businessman in the White House, I am floored.
You know youre right. To counter tge vast complexities of the world instead of one of the most objectively accomplished people in the world lets put another x lawyer with no real world experience, history of accomplishment, or record of accountability in charge of the economy. 20 trillion dollars of debt and a hundred trillion dollars of unfunded liabilities has worked out great so far. Why dont we ask venezuala what that end game looks like.
Donald Trump rise to success in Politics is a very simple one, #1.) Illegal Immigration - He was the only one in the race that had the nerve to say what was on his mind regardless of PC pressure and it started by opposing illegal immigration despite all the media & presidential candidates including Rubio & Cruz talking about a path to citizenship.  Now its not smart to be a Republican running for President and to not want to do something about Immigration, that is all because of Donald!

People want to make it out about his fame, or being an entertainer.. they are wrong..

It's about people being upset with Mexico bringing in Drugs, weapons, criminals, and low uneducated workers that feel entitled to more things than natural born citizens even have....

People are fed up, including legal Hispanics that immigrated the legal way waiting their turn in line.   They made the effort to learn English and our culture instead of forcing Viva Mexico like many of the illegals have done with protest waving Mexican flags.

#2.) Economics- Its about the MONEY stupid@!!   They want a guy whom can come in and make this country great again economically, the debt is out of control.  The govt continues to grow despite its ability to even make a website work.

They feel he can come in with his fair tax plan and eliminate the IRS - A big libertarian movement started by the Pauls..

#3.) Christian values and bringing both sides D & R together - Sure he was once pro-choice, and a democrat for almost a decade (during Bush jrs term hmmm)... but he also wasnt running for President then and had to do a lot of business in a huge blue democrat state of NY.   Many feel that him being a former democrat brings Regan Democrats that hate HIlary and will vote for Donald.  If he is truly a chrisitan is up for debate but the man is saying he is and will act such, so far he's been fairly honest with his intentions (and is a man to be known for his word).
I used to hold out hope that one day the conservatives and libertarians would abandon the GOP and form a glorious third party to take back the power from the feds! Then Donald Trump became the becon of the conservative wing and I lost all hope in humanity.
Eric... Deep breaths
Quote:Eric... Deep breaths

You seen my paper bag?
Pages: 1 2 3