Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What needs to happen for a Super Bowl trophy to come to Jax?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Aside from saying we need a new coach and the normal ice cream talk. For real, be serious.

What needs to happen to win a championship?

Bortles needs to cut his interceptions in half. I think 9 would be a solid number. Another 35 TDS wouldn't hurt.

Yeldon needs to keep "not fumbling" but I think he needs to get over 1200 yards

AROB just keep doing your thing

Hurns just keep doing your thing

Thomas needs to stay on the field all season. But he really loosened things up in our pass game, so keep doing your thing.

Linder needs to return to form. Cann needs to keep up his solid performance. But we need a good center. The interior of our line could be beast with Linder and Cann and a good center.

Over on defense the LBs need to cover the TE better. Another Telvin would be nice, bc Skuta ain't cutting the mustard.

Then comes our woeful secondary. We need a shut down corner or at least close to it. And we need a FS that can ball hawk. And we are probably stuck with Cyp so he needs to create more havoc.

If all this can happen, who knows....
You've answered your own question with the first line.

We need bigger freezers in the locker room to store more cartons of ice cream to fit the needs of our bigger eaters (looking at you, Abry Jones).

More variety of flavors, you could tell the team got sick of the selection as the year went on.

An updated soft serve machine with a swirl option, nobody wants to mix chocolate and vanilla on their own after a tough loss.

Rotate the assistant ice cream scooper position so everybody gets a chance, instead of just letting alualu do it every week.

More toppings, last year there were only chocolate sprinkles but no rainbow. Seriously?

Whipped topping for every player after a win, not just for high performers.

And let's get some friggin waffle cones for crying out loud! These cheap wafer cones are disgusting and can barely even hold one scoop let alone 2 or 3.
I was thinking about making a thread on what the Jags need to do to be a playoff team this upcoming season. Basically it boils down to this:

Defense:

-Get at least 2 premiere pass rushers to go with Fowler, both interior and outside rushing

-Add a second starting-caliber corner and move Colvin back to nickel

-Add a serviceable free safety. He doesn't even have to be elite, just someone who can get the damn job done

-Hope Fowler is who you think he is and he is stronger than he was in college with the year he had to do basically nothing but workout in the weight room

-Add a versatile, big body linebacker (think Patriots style) to play at OTTO and send Skuta to the bench

Offense:

-Bortles cuts the interceptions by at least 6 and improves his completion percentage to at least 62%

-Fix the interior by adding an impact player at either guard or center, doesn't matter which

-Get a legitimate running back to back Yeldon up and hope Yeldon stays healthy and takes the next step

-Robinson and Hurns continue on their trajectory

-Lee and Greene stay healthy, improve, and contribute

Coaching:

-Free sprinkle cupcakes on Fridays

If we do all these things the Jags should be in the playoffs.

A lot
Dante Fowler has to be a beast. Khalil Mack/Von Miller type of beast.
Jaguars need to win the Super Bowl.

Quote:We need bigger freezers in the locker room to store more cartons of ice cream to fit the needs of our bigger eaters (looking at you, Abry Jones).

More variety of flavors, you could tell the team got sick of the selection as the year went on.

An updated soft serve machine with a swirl option, nobody wants to mix chocolate and vanilla on their own after a tough loss.

Rotate the assistant ice cream scooper position so everybody gets a chance, instead of just letting alualu do it every week.

More toppings, last year there were only chocolate sprinkles but no rainbow. Seriously?

Whipped topping for every player after a win, not just for high performers.

And let's get some friggin waffle cones for crying out loud! These cheap wafer cones are disgusting and can barely even hold one scoop let alone 2 or 3.

Lol...
Quote:I was thinking about making a thread on what the Jags need to do to be a playoff team this upcoming season. Basically it boils down to this:

Defense:

-Get at least 2 premiere pass rushers to go with Fowler, both interior and outside rushing

-Add a second starting-caliber corner and move Colvin back to nickel

-Add a serviceable free safety. He doesn't even have to be elite, just someone who can get the damn job done

-Hope Fowler is who you think he is and he is stronger than he was in college with the year he had to do basically nothing but workout in the weight room

-Add a versatile, big body linebacker (think Patriots style) to play at OTTO and send Skuta to the bench

Offense:

-Bortles cuts the interceptions by at least 6 and improves his completion percentage to at least 62%

-Fix the interior by adding an impact player at either guard or center, doesn't matter which

-Get a legitimate running back to back Yeldon up and hope Yeldon stays healthy and takes the next step

-Robinson and Hurns continue on their trajectory

-Lee and Greene stay healthy, improve, and contribute

Coaching:

-Free sprinkle cupcakes on Fridays

If we do all these things the Jags should be in the playoffs.

I agree with this!
We would need the "fix" to be in.

The thing for me is; the fan base is pretty divided, and I wouldn't say it was 50/50..

Some would just be happy to see a better win/loss record

Some will accept nothing other than the playoffs

Some think being Division Champions should be the main aim

A very small minority think we should be aiming for the Super Bowl... (I'm not suggesting that the OP is saying this)..

For me, getting to the playoffs would consitute a successful season. We have a very good offense, and with some minor tweaks, they could do some serious damage. Defense needs sorting out more than anything else..

I don't think the playoffs are out of reach.. but I think, for now at least, a Super Bowl is...
Quote:Aside from saying we need a new coach and the normal ice cream talk. For real, be serious.

What needs to happen to win a championship?

Bortles needs to cut his interceptions in half. I think 9 would be a solid number. Another 35 TDS wouldn't hurt.

Yeldon needs to keep "not fumbling" but I think he needs to get over 1200 yards

AROB just keep doing your thing

Hurns just keep doing your thing

Thomas needs to stay on the field all season. But he really loosened things up in our pass game, so keep doing your thing.

Linder needs to return to form. Cann needs to keep up his solid performance. But we need a good center. The interior of our line could be beast with Linder and Cann and a good center.

Over on defense the LBs need to cover the TE better. Another Telvin would be nice, bc Skuta ain't cutting the mustard.

Then comes our woeful secondary. We need a shut down corner or at least close to it. And we need a FS that can ball hawk. And we are probably stuck with Cyp so he needs to create more havoc.

If all this can happen, who knows....

Already happened, the Superbowl is in the bank.

BEST BACKUP IN THE LEAGUE SIGNED! CHENNE IS BACK, BABY!
Pass rush is all. Look at Denver and Carolina. Really I am not kidding. Secondary will look great.Remember this PASS RUSH!

It's funny our best pass rusher has been Tony Brakens and not much else. We need to get a great DE in FA.Then draft one in the first or second round.
Win.

GO JAGS!!

Ehhhh the super bowl is not that exciting guys. It's better to strive for a team that wins consistently. When I was living in Seattle when the Seahawks won it was cool and exciting for maybe a couple of days and then the parade, but after its just the same old song of "what are we going to do next season". It's better to strive for a culture of winning because that helps build community and the brand. Many American sports championships are just overhyped, you'll still be the same person the next day after winning or losing the super bowl.
Quote:Jaguars need to win the Super Bowl.
My 1st thought when I saw forum title. I completely agree
Quote:Ehhhh the super bowl is not that exciting guys. It's better to strive for a team that wins consistently. When I was living in Seattle when the Seahawks won it was cool and exciting for maybe a couple of days and then the parade, but after its just the same old song of "what are we going to do next season". It's better to strive for a culture of winning because that helps build community and the brand. Many American sports championships are just overhyped, you'll still be the same person the next day after winning or losing the super bowl.

I'm not sure the players would agree. I'd rather win a Super Bowl and miss the playoffs for the next 5 years than make the playoffs 6 years in a row but not win it at all.
The Super Bowl trophy comes to London annually... fans can have their photo taken with it etc..

I'm sure the NFL can sort out a similar set-up for Jax too... :whistling:

Quote:I'm not sure the players would agree. I'd rather win a Super Bowl and miss the playoffs for the next 5 years than make the playoffs 6 years in a row but not win it at all.

Players? - probably so

Fans? - of course they'd like to see a Superbowl win, but it's always great to see a team that is actually competitive and plays in alot of big games each season. It's NO FUN in seasons where you know your team isn't even in the running (Jags fans know this all too well).
Quote:Players? - probably so

Fans? - of course they'd like to see a Superbowl win, but it's always great to see a team that is actually competitive and plays in alot of big games each season. It's NO FUN in seasons where you know your team isn't even in the running (Jags fans know this all too well).

Which would you pick? Super Bowl one year,miss the playoffs the next 5 years or make the playoffs 6 years in a row but fail to win it. I think the choice is obvious..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5