Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sign Branch to medium $ contract?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Looks like the pickings may be pretty slim for pass rushers in FA.  Yet the Jags need bodies at LEO.  I do not want Clemons on the team in 2016, but going into the season with only Fowler and some rookies would not be wise.  Branch is the right age and knows the system.  He did make a few big plays in 2015.  Could he be the 3rd LEO?  A guy who gets minimal reps but is decent insurance if an injury happens?  What kind of money would be required? 

Despite the limited market on pass rushers, there will still be better options available. Anyways, I'd rather roll the dice on Chris Smith, Ryan Davis or even Quanterus Smith in an expanded role.

I can't see the Jags throwing much more than a minimal contract at him.

They know what they have in Branch, and there has to be better out there, even in rookies.

Let him go! Him and Clemons...
WHo's gonna windwill dance when we're down by 24?

He sucks. Let him go.

Yeah id rather Fowler and a bunch of rookie than re-signing Branch lol. He just isnt a good player.
Vet minimum. I wouldn't pay him anymore than that considering he'll be at best 3rd on the depth chart next season. I'm sure some other team will get duped by the windmill.
Lol, the dude sucks.
Let's sign Gertrash to an extension while we're at it. And I wonder what Derrick Harvey is up to these days...
Is Branch even considered a pass rusher? Don't you have to .... Ya know... 

No. Branch is terrible.
The problem here is he can barely be considered "decent insurance"

He's upgradable by both the limited FA or a rookie.
I know you guys don't wanna hear this but he will probably be a Jaguar next season. He's cheap, he's a veteran and knows the system.

But the main thing is he will be super cheap and he will bring 5 to 6 sacks a year. Nothing flashy but he will make a splash play hear and there.
Nope I don't want to see him in a Jaguars jersey again.
I once saw Branch protecting the quarterback for the other team.

Quote:I once saw Branch protecting the quarterback for the other team.

Pretty sure that's what he's done the last three years, by virtue of taking the spot from someone who could potential rush the QB.
I don't see Branch in Jacksonville come July. 

If they offer him anything at all it should be the absolute minimum, and I doubt he makes the preseason cut. 

In 4 years, he has 14 sacks.  Last season, his contract year, he managed 4 sacks.  He had 3 sacks the year before.  As the primary pass rusher in the Jag's scheme, he has been cumulatively putrid.  Let him go.    

No thanks
Pages: 1 2 3