Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If they put Lynch in the HOF then Taylor should make it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lynch only played 9 seasons. Taylor missed 55 games and still ran way more yards than Lynch while having Jimmy Smith and McCardell.
Lynch wont make it
I don't think so either. Some think he will though
Quote:I don't think so either. Some think he will though

Media pundits?  I don't think HOF and him in the same thought or at the same time.  I do think of Freddie and maybe that is fan bias but I don't care.
If you haven't noticed, the HOF has become a pretty big joke.

Owens not making it?? How in the world someone with his stats doesn't make it, I'll never know. Sometimes you need to just be very well liked (Jerome Bettis) and you will get in.

It's definitely not as bad as baseball though. Those old crotchety baseball writers who don't vote anyone in the first time are the worst. 

Bettis getting in was a big joke for sure.  Taylor definitely deserved it more than him.  I don't think Lynch gets it or Charles either.  Taylor probably won't ever make it either, which I don't think is too unjust.  He's borderline.

Lynch is NOT going to he HOF unless he purchases a ticket like you and me.

Quote:Bettis getting in was a big joke for sure.  Taylor definitely deserved it more than him.  I don't think Lynch gets it or Charles either.  Taylor probably won't ever make it either, which I don't think is too unjust.  He's borderline.

Bettis was a beast for the 1st 8 years of his career.
Quote:Bettis getting in was a big joke for sure. Taylor definitely deserved it more than him. I don't think Lynch gets it or Charles either. Taylor probably won't ever make it either, which I don't think is too unjust. He's borderline.

Bettis is 6th in all time rushing yards..
Quote:Bettis getting in was a big joke for sure.  Taylor definitely deserved it more than him.  I don't think Lynch gets it or Charles either.  Taylor probably won't ever make it either, which I don't think is too unjust.  He's borderline.

How can you say that? Bettis is 6th all-time. Taylor is 16th.

I also don't think Lynch will get in. He's like 36th all-time in rushing yards.
Would you rather have Emmitt or Barry? Walter or Emmitt? LT or Emmitt? Emmitt is the all time leader in rushing yards so that makes him the best right?

I'll take Barry, Walter and LT over Emmitt every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Bettis had a career YPC of 3.9.... under 4. So thats HOF worthy? He couldn't catch out the backfield. On the yards from scrimmage list? Bettis is 22nd behind people like Tony Gonzalez, Warrick Dunn and Steven Jackson.

Yeah was just going to type the YPC and total yards by Bettis.

Quote:Would you rather have Emmitt or Barry? Walter or Emmitt? LT or Emmitt?

I'll take Barry, Walter and LT over Emmitt every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Bettis had a career YPC of 3.9.... under 4. So thats HOF worthy? He couldn't catch out the backfield. On the yards from scrimmage list? Bettis is 22nd behind people like Tony Gonzalez, Warrick Dunn and Steven Jackson.
Quote:Would you rather have Emmitt or Barry? Walter or Emmitt? LT or Emmitt?

That low YPC is due to a few things.

1)The amount of times he was used as a goal line back, for instance in 2004 in a game he carried the ball 5 times for a total of 1 yard with 0.2 YPC but also scored 3TDs.

2) The style he ran with was obviously not that of a home run threat,he was used to grind down teams and also used to put games away in the 4th quarter.
Quote:That low YPC is due to a few things.

1)The amount of times he was used as a goal line back, for instance in 2004 in a game he carried the ball 5 times for a total of 1 yard with 0.2 YPC but also scored 3TDs.

2) The style he ran with was obviously not that of a home run threat,he was used to grind down teams and also used to put games away in the 4th quarter.

3)His last few years he was used almost exclusively. as a short yardage back.
So Barry never got goal line carries? Walter? Faulk or LT? That's just an excuse. Other players saw a decline in their YPC too but look at his YPC during his "Prime" years. Well under 4 from 98-00. Then had one season over 4 and then never again.

How many running backs would you take over Bettis? Think about it for second. There are a TON of RBs you would take over him. 

He got into the HOF because of the team he played for, his personality and his rushing yards which are based off a massive amount of carries.
Quote:So Barry never got goal line carries? Walter? Faulk or LT? That's just an excuse. Other players saw a decline in their YPC too but look at his YPC during his "Prime" years. Well under 4 from 98-00. Then had one season over 4 and then never again.

How many running backs would you take over Bettis? Think about it for second. There are a TON of RBs you would take over him.

He got into the HOF because of the team he played for, his personality and his rushing yards which are based off a massive amount of carries.

Read the last part that you wrote...

Bettis has the 4th most carries in NFL history and when you couple that with his style you get the low YPC. 4 seasons in his career he went 4.4 and over. He had 4.9 as a rookie.

Yep I would take loads of RBs over Bettis, that doesn't take away from the fact he is HOF worthy.
yeah, dont get the hate on Bettis.  Dude is one of the better backs in history and a workhorse that wore teams down.  Nobody ever said he is better than Payton, Emmit, or Barry.  All those guys are in as well.  LT will be the next back to get in.

Warner and TO should of been first ballots this year though.

Quote:So Barry never got goal line carries? Walter? Faulk or LT? That's just an excuse. Other players saw a decline in their YPC too but look at his YPC during his "Prime" years. Well under 4 from 98-00. Then had one season over 4 and then never again.

I think you are just remembering his final years.  As I stated in an earlier post, the dude was a beast during his initial 8 years of his career.

With the exception of Adrian Peterson, I'd take a young & healthy Bettis over any RB in the NFL right now 
Quote:I think you are just remembering his final years.  As I stated in an earlier post, the dude was a beast during his initial 8 years of his career.

With the exception of Adrian Peterson, I'd take a young & healthy Bettis over any RB in the NFL right now 
Pass.  

Gimme the dynamic runner who can catch out the backfield over a plodder.

Leveon, Gurley, Charles and I'd argue Forte too. If Forte had played on good teams like Bettis did, Forte would have had a more productive career.
Quote:Pass.

Gimme the dynamic runner who can catch out the backfield over a plodder.

Leveon, Gurley, Charles and I'd argue Forte too. If Forte had played on good teams like Bettis did, Forte would have had a more productive career.

So you agree Bettis worthy of the HOF?
Pages: 1 2