Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Can Bowanko be a quality center?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Discuss.

nah, he sucks.
He played pretty well his rookie year but he's no Linder.

They were trying to convert him to a swing tackle - but that was before Marrone.

I'd really like to know where Marrone stands on Bowanko as he could probably be quality depth.

I doubt they move Linder to play him at center though.
Linder needs to stay at center..
He'd be a tall [BLEEP] Guard
Quote:He'd be a tall [BAD WORD REMOVED] Guard

Same height as Linder!
No, he's garbage
Huh. I always thought Linder was 6'3.

Quote:Same height as Linder!
Quote:Huh. I always thought Linder was 6'3.

I did too! He doesn't look 6'6 at all.
I believe Bowanko can be a good backup Center if he stays healthy. That's the role I wanna keep him in. 

Yea, Bowanko, Shatley and Reed will probably compete for 1 spot, 2 at the most.

heck no

He's awful. Small, slow, unathletic. Hell no.
For the LAST time...

Linder is our center and he SHOULD stay there.

Centers are more important and harder to find than guards. It shouldn't be this difficult to land a quality starting guard. There's a bunch of them across the league that were late round picks or UDFA's. They're usually the least athletic linemen and don't need the football IQ of a center. Obviously, there are exceptions.

Awesome thread bro
Quote:Centers are more important and harder to find than guards. It shouldn't be this difficult to land a quality starting guard. There's a bunch of them across the league that were late round picks or UDFA's. They're usually the least athletic linemen and don't need the football IQ of a center. Obviously, there are exceptions.

I think they'll land a quality guard in the 2nd or 3rd round of the 2017 draft.  
Think he will continue to add depth with the chance to fill in at guard. Remember him doing alright at center so would hope another year to develop will make a difference.

Linder has made it clear that he should be the starter though
Quote:He's awful. Small, slow, unathletic. Hell no.

Not sure if you're confused, but Bowanko is very athletic and fast for an OL. He is a bit light, but I wouldn't call him small either (6'6" 300).
Quote:For the LAST time...

Linder is our center and he SHOULD stay there.
Its not like we run the risk of messing up a good thing. We can do worlds better than we did last year. I agree that Linder is our center but I would not be opposed to Linder going back to guard if we acquired a good center via draft or FA. Or if toggling the lineup with in house guy(s), such as Bowanko, would give us a better chance to win.
Pages: 1 2