Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: DRob - "Definitely want to stay in Jacksonville,"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
es.pn/1SKzTIV

"Denard Robinson sees the talent around him in Jacksonville, from the quarterback to the receivers to running back T.J. Yeldon.

And the former Michigan quarterback turned Jacksonville Jaguars running back would like to stick around for the foreseeable future with the young nucleus the franchise has created.

"Definitely want to stay in Jacksonville," Robinson said Wednesday after Michigan’s Signing of the Stars event in Ann Arbor, Michigan. "It’s a great place and I enjoy it, enjoy the coaches and everything.""
I like DRob. I wish he played better this year because I think he is a good guy and teammate.

That being said, I think it's 50/50 whether he makes the team next year.
I think he's definitely someone to keep
Hold onto the ball.

Translation - "Please don't cut me coach!"
I think he'll get an opportunity to prove himself in training camp. He's looked really good at times, but he has to prove he can hold onto the ball and stay healthy doing it or he's not long for Jacksonville.
He's a great guy, love him.  However, his ability to hang onto the ball is a career killer.

Quote:I like DRob. I wish he played better this year because I think he is a good guy and teammate.

That being said, I think it's 50/50 whether he makes the team next year.

I think he will be fine if coaches can fix his fumbling issues.
It is a productive based business not compassion based. I think the Jags would be wise enough to move on from DRob.  He is average at best and you can find better talent with good ball security around the league/draft/rookie free agent. 

Quote:It is a productive based business not compassion based. I think the Jags would be wise enough to move on from DRob.  He is average at best and you can find better talent with good ball security around the league/draft/rookie free agent. 

Denard Robinson now has a whole offseason to fix his butterfingers. It would be foolish to cut him before the end of training camp.
Quote:Denard Robinson now has a whole offseason to fix his butterfingers. It would be foolish to cut him before the end of training camp.

I agree that he should get the offseason to prove himself -  but he technically has already had three years to fix his butterfingers. 
Quote:I agree that he should get the offseason to prove himself -  but he technically has already had three years to fix his butterfingers. 

It took Tiki Barber 7 seasons and an 8th with Tom Coughlin to figure it out. It can be done, but it has to happen if Denard wants to stick around.
Granted it was at a different position and runningbacks carry the ball different, but he never had fumbling issues at Michigan and ran the ball 700+ times. It's gotta be a mental thing but how do you fix a mental thing like that?

Quote:Denard Robinson now has a whole offseason to fix his butterfingers. It would be foolish to cut him before the end of training camp.
"I agree that he should get the offseason to prove himself -  but he technically has already had three years to fix his butterfingers."

...this.
Robinson will stay. He's useful on special teams. He's an emergency QB. And speed kills.

If he can just clean up the fumbles. He's a home run hitter.
A 'home run hitter'? He is fast (relatively speaking) and he is decisive about 'hitting the hole' plus he does seem to have good down field vision. None of those attributes, however, trump his seeming inability to hang onto the ball. Ball security is without doubt one of the most fundamental skills for a ball carrier. A running back who can't be relied on to hang onto the ball is just a fast moving, decisive... liability; the kind of liability that can cost the outcome of games. Don't get me wrong; I was one of the more outspoken supporters of DRob as I saw the positives he brings to the table. My support was based on the (now proven false) assumption that he had gotten over his penchant for fumbling. Regrettably, it's clearly still an issue for him even after three years here to work on it.

He has positives, yes, but he has undermined those positives by failing to reliably secure the ball. This is a professional level sport, not college, and failures have repercussions.

Sorry DRob... time to move on.

Quote:A 'home run hitter'? He is fast (relatively speaking) and he is decisive about 'hitting the hole' plus he does seem to have good down field vision. None of those attributes, however, trump his seeming inability to hang onto the ball. Ball security is without doubt one of the most fundamental skills for a ball carrier. A running back who can't be relied on to hang onto the ball is just a fast moving, decisive... liability; the kind of liability that can cost the outcome of games. Don't get me wrong; I was one of the more outspoken supporters of DRob as I saw the positives he brings to the table. My support was based on the (now proven false) assumption that he had gotten over his penchant for fumbling. Regrettably, it's clearly still an issue for him even after three years here to work on it.

He has positives, yes, but he has undermined those positives by failing to reliably secure the ball. This is a professional level sport, not college, and failures have repercussions.

Sorry DRob... time to move on.

To be fair, the previous poster meant IF he can hold onto the ball, he CAN be a home run hitter.

I like DRob, but I do think he sealed his fate with all those fumbles when Yeldon went down. Despite how good he looked at times. He'll get the offseason to change their minds, no reason to cut him right now. But I'm really expecting to go in with Yeldon and Gray as the 1 and 2.
Quote:Robinson will ​may
 stay. He's useful on special teams. He's an emergency? 8-24 with the "franchise QB", you mean it could get worse?
QB . And speed turnovers
kills.

If he can just clean up the fumbles. He has potential to be 
a home run hitter.
Thats cause he signed a 2 year lease at North Beach Apartments. Don't let him fool you.

Quote:To be fair, the previous poster meant IF he can hold onto the ball, he CAN be a home run hitter.

I like DRob, but I do think he sealed his fate with all those fumbles when Yeldon went down. Despite how good he looked at times. He'll get the offseason to change their minds, no reason to cut him right now. But I'm really expecting to go in with Yeldon and Gray as the 1 and 2.
Okay, granted. However that's not what the previous poster wrote. There is a period between the fumbles thought and the 'home run hitter' thought posted, not a comma which would suggest a continuing thought. But seriously, I'm not gonna start nitpicking about grammar and punctuation. Too little time and better things to do.

Pages: 1 2