Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles on Dan Patrick reading his negative draft reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaSy1jdFIoc[/media]

Haha, I love this guy.

Love blake bortles dude is so down to earth
That was hilarious
Wish they would give names when calling out these scouts.. Maybe if they'd get exposed a little, they wouldn't fill out their scouting report over a case of beer at breakfast.
His reaction was funny but I didn't think the scouting report was that egregious.
Quote:His reaction was funny but I didn't think the scouting report was that egregious.
Nah, probably 80% accurate. 
Quote:Wish they would give names when calling out these scouts.. Maybe if they'd get exposed a little, they wouldn't fill out their scouting report over a case of beer at breakfast.
The reports were pretty close to accurate.  That clip is more a testament to how much work Bortles has put into becoming a legitimate NFL QB since entering the league.  Doesn't make what the scouts were saying at the time wrong.
Quote:The reports were pretty close to accurate.  That clip is more a testament to how much work Bortles has put into becoming a legitimate NFL QB since entering the league.  Doesn't make what the scouts were saying at the time wrong.
I disagreed with him failing to step up to better comp.

In their final season, Bortles played better VS a better SEC opponent than Teddy did. I think people tend to knock guys from the lesser schools. I guess you have to shock and awe scouts when you play in the AAC.

Not sure I get the love fest going on for the "first round QBs" talked about in this draft...

wonder what scouts are saying about them right about now lol
We got a good one. Gotta' like this kid. 

Easy guy to root for

Most of that was true though...

People missed the most important part of the interview: Blake wants the teal jerseys back.

How would you guys rate his arm strength? Above average, but definitely not top-tier - like a 7.0 out of 10? Either way, it's strong enough to be one of the top big-play QB's in the game.

Quote:How would you guys rate his arm strength? Above average, but definitely not top-tier - like a 7.0 out of 10? Either way, it's strong enough to be one of the top big-play QB's in the game.

Strong enough to make all the throws.
Greg Gabriel Ex Bears GM had the WORST review  "I rank Blake Bortles behind 8 QB's in this draft including David Fales and Brett Smith. The GM that drafts him will be fired in two years."

Dummy is out of the NFL for a reason.

Quote:I disagreed with him failing to step up to better comp.

In their final season, Bortles played better VS a better SEC opponent than Teddy did. I think people tend to knock guys from the lesser schools. I guess you have to shock and awe scouts when you play in the AAC.

Not sure I get the love fest going on for the "first round QBs" talked about in this draft...

And he beat Teddy head to head on the road with Louisville at #7 at the time.
Sometimes you can't measure how hard someone will work at their position.  The scouting wasn't wrong maybe he just is willing to put in the effort.  When you look at the can't miss prospects, sometimes they just won't work at it.

That was like watching a horribly written sitcom with a laugh track.  Nothing outlandish about those reviews.  

Scouts can't measure everything all the time. How many people remember Mel Kiper Jr. stating Jamarcus Russel was the next John Elway? Or Skip Bayless stating in five years from now (back in 2012) that he'd rather have Josh Freeman over Cam Newton? Even Scott Pioli admitted they were lucky to land Tom Brady with the 6th overall pick and that if they truly knew anything about scouting he would have been their guy in RD1 back in 2000. It happens. It doesn't mean the scouts were wrong at the time or were flat out wrong to begin with. I remember a few folks here were so angry and dissapointed that we didn't draft Johnny Manziel two years ago over Blake Bortles. Now look how he's panned out for Cleveland. RGIII was another great example. Fisher made out like a bandit and Washington is fixing to part ways with him for good. That's not to say RGIII can't be great again elsewhere. But at the time, Fisher had the foresight and enough trust to know he wouldn't last long or make it very far with his style of play.

Quote:I disagreed with him failing to step up to better comp.

He also beat Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl.  How many QB's drafted in the lst round in the last 5 years have a BCS bowl victory?

Pages: 1 2