Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars lead All-AFC South team with eight selections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...selections

Eight Jaguars made the squad: Quarterback Blake Bortles, running back T.J. Yeldon, wide receiver Allen Robinson, right guard A.J. Cann, right tackle Jermey Parnell, nose tackle Roy Miller, cornerback Davon House and punt returner Rashad Greene.  

That's more than any other team (the Texans had seven) and a significant improvement from last year, when the Jaguars had just one player on the team: defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks.

That is the reason to be excited about next year, we have a lot of young talent and they played well, and are respected by others not just homers, we just need a few more key pieces and learn how to win, the arrow is pointed up.

Also Telvin is not on there and he could easily be there
No Telvin Smith? Can't take that seriously.

But anyway, nice to have some recognition.
If we can manage to get 3 more  defensive players on that list next year, things are really pointing up. 

Hurns over Hilton also
Roster is soooo much better than when Dave got here. Would love to see current roster next to the one when DC got here.
Quote:Roster is soooo much better than when Dave got here. Would love to see current roster next to the one when DC got here.

No, no you wouldn't. I looked it up once. It was... disturbing.
And we couldn't win the division......

[Image: 012213-gus-bradley-600.jpg]

So we led the AFC South with 8 selections but we only managed to win 5 games......

3rd place in the division once again.

And we reward Gus with an extension. Man the brass on this team is great!!

Paper victories.  Let's hope for real victories next year.

How dare you post anything positive. But, as we can plainly see, it can still be spun as a negative.
Quote:http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...selections

Eight Jaguars made the squad: Quarterback Blake Bortles, running back T.J. Yeldon, wide receiver Allen Robinson, right guard A.J. Cann, right tackle Jermey Parnell, nose tackle Roy Miller, cornerback Davon House and punt returner Rashad Greene.  

That's more than any other team (the Texans had seven) and a significant improvement from last year, when the Jaguars had just one player on the team: defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks.

That is the reason to be excited about next year, we have a lot of young talent and they played well, and are respected by others not just homers, we just need a few more key pieces and learn how to win, the arrow is pointed up.

Also Telvin is not on there and he could easily be there
That team was compiled by Mike DiRocco...who regularly covers the Jaguars.  He is more familiar with the Jaguars, so he is more apt to put some players on that team than someone else who covers the league as a whole or another team.   However, the inclusion of many of those players speaks to the young nucleus this team has, and most outside observers, whether they cover the team or not, acknowledge this.

Telvin isn't on there, and neither is Hurns. 

If we can get some defensive upgrades, this will be a team that will give teams fits.
The colts would hang a banner

Quote:That team was compiled by Mike DiRocco...who regularly covers the Jaguars.  He is more familiar with the Jaguars, so he is more apt to put some players on that team than someone else who covers the league as a whole or another team.   However, the inclusion of many of those players speaks to the young nucleus this team has, and most outside observers, whether they cover the team or not, acknowledge this.

If we can get some defensive upgrades, this will be a team that will give teams fits.

Actually it was ESPN's 4 beat writers for the division that compiled it.

Quote:The lack of a dominant team was reflected in our all-division team this year. ESPN Colts reporter Mike Wells, ESPN Titans reporter Paul Kuharsky, ESPN Jaguars reporter Mike DiRocco and I each nominated players from the team we cover for various slots.

from Ganguli ^

Quote:That team was compiled by Mike DiRocco...who regularly covers the Jaguars.  He is more familiar with the Jaguars, so he is more apt to put some players on that team than someone else who covers the league as a whole or another team.   However, the inclusion of many of those players speaks to the young nucleus this team has, and most outside observers, whether they cover the team or not, acknowledge this.

I agree.

It's time for this team to start giving other teams fits instead of its own fans fits.
Quote:Actually it was ESPN's 4 beat writers for the division that compiled it.

from Ganguli ^
I stand corrected.  Had I scrolled down below the initial story I would have seen that.

Thanks.
Quote:So we led the AFC South with 8 selections but we only managed to win 5 games......

3rd place in the division once again.
well the 1st place team only won 3 more games, and 2nd place team won 2 more games, not like they were so far above us

We were competitive in all but 2 games, the team is moving in the right direction, next year I expect vast improvements 
Quote:well the 1st place team only won 3 more games, and 2nd place team won 2 more games, not like they were so far above us

We were competitive in all but 2 games, the team is moving in the right direction, next year I expect vast improvements 
"Next year"

Classic Jags line.

It wasnt compiled by Mike DiRocco by himself, I think it was all the NFL nation people or all the AFC south NFL nation people
Quote:"Next year"

Classic Jags line.
So your saying this is the same as the previous 5 years when we didnt have a franchise QB or two 1,000 WRs or being a competitive team? 

Come on now, Blaine Gabbert was garbage, and after Bortles first year most people were not sold on him just yet.

This is not a Classic anything, this is the first time in years we have a bunch of good players, and the most important piece a real franchise QB
Pages: 1 2 3