Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pay Da Man!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
The fan favorite, ever-reliable, totally professional in every way Allen Hurns was an undrafted free agent, and therefore, unlike his teammates who were drafted in the same offseason, he can get a contract extension now.  

It would be real nice to go ahead and do it.   It would show the world that we take care of guys who outplay their draft status. 

It might even make some of this offseason's undrafted free agents want to sign with us, since we would then have a track record of doing right by these guys. 

Hurns was on Twitter last night cheering on ARob. Love to see that and hope he gets similar recognition in the future.

I'd tie them both down to contracts as soon as we can.

I would rather they let him prove it for one more year but I wouldn't be upset if they did give him a deal.  I love Hurns and hope he is a Jaguar for a long time.

Quote:I would rather they let him prove it for one more year but I wouldn't be upset if they did give him a deal.  I love Hurns and hope he is a Jaguar for a long time.

I think he's done it. Even if this is his plateau he's worth keeping for another 4 years.
I suggested that they'd probably look to re-work his deal this off season in order to get him more in line with his production.  He's proven himself to be worth it, and I don't doubt the front office recognizes this. 

However, even if they wait to extend a deal, it's not like the team won't have the resources available to pay him whatever the market has to offer, and I would think that his first priority would be to remain here with the QB and receiving tandem partner who have no doubt helped him become the player he has at this level. 

Regardless, Hurns is going to get paid, and when he does, my guess is that it will almost certainly be by this team.

I hope he stays a great jag player for years to come.
[Image: image.jpg]

I'd like to see one more year of production

Quote:I'd like to see one more year of production

Why?  You think he's been faking it to get a new contract?

Everyone who agrees and thinks he is well deserved to have a new deal. Without Hurns there is no Allen bros.

He is a legit #2 receiver borderline #1. And id be so pissed if I paid all that money for an Authentic jersey of his for him to leave the Jags.
I agree. This duo of WRs with Bortles will be our cornerstone players on offense; with Yeldon soon to be part of (I think at least). I was thinking about this earlier last month. I think he's earned it; especially with being an undrafted player. I think this is one part for extending Gus too. I know a lot of people hated the move, but the players love him; and this helps keep them in a good place too.

GO JAGS!!

Quote:The fan favorite, ever-reliable, totally professional in every way Allen Hurns was an undrafted free agent, and therefore, unlike his teammates who were drafted in the same offseason, he can get a contract extension now.  

It would be real nice to go ahead and do it.   It would show the world that we take care of guys who outplay their draft status. 

It might even make some of this offseason's undrafted free agents want to sign with us, since we would then have a track record of doing right by these guys.

I agree. Pay the man!
Pay da man
You've got the production....you've got the money....lock him up now before his rate goes up even higher after an even better good year.    

It makes sense to me to give him a fair deal now.  He's eligible and next year they will have a more guys in need of new deals. 

Using some cap space on a front-loaded deal now makes sense as long as it doesn't infringe on free agency plans -  and it shouldn't. 

Quote:It makes sense to me to give him a fair deal now.  He's eligible and next year they will have a more guys in need of new deals. 

Using some cap space on a front-loaded deal now makes sense as long as it doesn't infringe on free agency plans -  and it shouldn't. 

This is almost exactly what  I was going to say. 

I approve this message.
Pay him!  do it in a way that maximizes money the first year makes the additional years a smaller cap hit and incentives the heck out of it

Hurns has given his all since he came here and saw other people paid more because they were "drafted" that haven't contributed to this team as he has done.

Pay the man!....and be happy he's here so we can do exacty that.

Quote:Why? You think he's been faking it to get a new contract?

Jags just have a bad history of giving out premature contracts
Quote:Jags just have a bad history of giving out premature contracts
Does Caldwell? Because that's the only relevant 'Jags history' we have to consider.

What Gene or Shack did has zero relevance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4