Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jermey Parnell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Haven't seen too much talk about him now or during the season. What grade would you give Parnell for his season performance? I think I'd go with a B+. He definitely solidified the RT position, but also could improve.
Aside from a few dumb penalties and getting beat towards the end of the season a few times when he was playing through an injury, he was really pretty good.  Made some very nice run-blocks here and there, and might look even better playing next to Linder.  

I'd give him a B. 

He held his own quite well in week 6 against Watt. He was sorely missed when they met the tinhorns again and Watt had a field day. 

I wasn't a fan of signing a former backup that played good football in Dallas for 5 or 6 weeks to come be our full time starter. At the start of the year, he was really quite good. As the season wore on, the physical toll of a 16 week season seemed to be too much for him. He wasn't downright bad in the 2nd half of the year, but he was obviously not as good as when he started.

If Parnell can stay healthy next year, I think he'll be even better. Hopefully he'll stay in there for all 16 weeks, because Sam Young ain't gonna cut it.
A team realistically can not have all "A" players.  In addition to a team's playmakers, a solid core of "B" players are necessary to win.  Parnell was a solid "B" player.  

I thought he did well. Probably better than I expected. Obviously he hadn't played a full season for some time so he was always going to get worn down. Plus the injury didn't help.

I have absolutely no concerns about that side of the line
Played better than The Joke

B - with room for improvement

A solid B. He had moments where he was phenomenal and then others where he had some dumb penalties.

Quote:Aside from a few dumb penalties and getting beat towards the end of the season a few times when he was playing through an injury, he was really pretty good.  Made some very nice run-blocks here and there, and might look even better playing next to Linder.  

I'd give him a B. 

He held his own quite well in week 6 against Watt. He was sorely missed when they met the tinhorns again and Watt had a field day. 

He is one of those players whose value is most noticeable when he misses a game. I did not pay much attention to him when he played, but missed him more than anybody all year in Week 17.
I think he played pretty well overall, I think he can easily improve this coming season as he now knows what it feels like to play as a real starter. Plus he should also be 100% and hopefully stays healthy all season.

Quote:I think he played pretty well overall, I think he can easily improve this coming season as he now knows what it feels like to play as a real starter. Plus he should also be 100% and hopefully stays healthy all season.

What was the injury that kept him out in Week 17?

Everybody can improve next season.
Best RT we have had in years.
Quote:Played better than The Joke
Yep. Need to move Linder to LG to help out the left side.
Quote:Yep. Need to move Linder to LG to help out the left side.

Or move Cann to LG so Linder can stay where he is.
PFF said he didnt live up to the money given to him..(RT Parnell)

they also said

Stud: Former Raiders center Stefen Wisniewski came in and did a good, if not great, job.

Dud: With each passing year, the bust tag on Luke Joeckel is getting harder to shake. There are worse tackles, but for a guy with so much invested in, it really isn’t paying off.

and ranked Jags 19th overall in Olines.

How can PFF call Wiz a stud? He single-handedly lost a game for us.

Quote:PFF said he didnt live up to the money given to him..(RT Parnell)

they also said

Stud: Former Raiders center Stefen Wisniewski came in and did a good, if not great, job.

Dud: With each passing year, the bust tag on Luke Joeckel is getting harder to shake. There are worse tackles, but for a guy with so much invested in, it really isn’t paying off.

and ranked Jags 19th overall in Olines.
PFF has a hate-on for the Jaguars. Also, their grading used to be solid, but within the last couple of years it's become a total joke.

Parnell's a good player at a position where you only really need a good player. We'll have to draft an eventual replacement for him over the next couple of years, but he's solid in that spot right now.
Quote:PFF has a hate-on for the Jaguars. Also, their grading used to be solid, but within the last couple of years it's become a total joke.

Parnell's a good player at a position where you only really need a good player. We'll have to draft an eventual replacement for him over the next couple of years, but he's solid in that spot right now.

Why would a site that hates the Jaguars overrate a bad center?
Quote:Why would a site that hates the Jaguars overrate a bad center?
Because their grading system is horrible?
Quote:Because their grading system is horrible?

If that is true nobody should waste time reading grades.
Pages: 1 2