Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Paul Ryan Audio Clip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't understand why Breitbart would release this audio clip now.  I thought Ryan and Trump were on the same page.  What good does it do Breitbart to release this now?  Do they still have a vandetta against Ryan that dates back to October 2016 ?  Just curious --- seems kind of strange since Ryan is promoting the new Health Care Plan.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/breitbart-[BLEEP]...04270.html

Quote:I don't understand why Breitbart would release this audio clip now.  I thought Ryan and Trump were on the same page.  What good does it do Breitbart to release this now?  Do they still have a vandetta against Ryan that dates back to October 2016 ?  Just curious --- seems kind of strange since Ryan is promoting the new Health Care Plan.

Gives Trump lots of leverage over Ryan.
Quote:I don't understand why Breitbart would release this audio clip now.  I thought Ryan and Trump were on the same page.  What good does it do Breitbart to release this now?  Do they still have a vandetta against Ryan that dates back to October 2016 ?  Just curious --- seems kind of strange since Ryan is promoting the new Health Care Plan.

My best guess is Trumpettes vs. The Establishment.
Quote:Gives Trump lots of leverage over Ryan.

OK .... when I posted this topic, I thought they (Trump & Ryan) were on the same page.  However, it appears Trump is not really on board with the health care plan that Ryan is pushing so that may have lead to the release of the audio clip.
Quote:My best guess is Trumpettes vs. The Establishment.

Yep.
I think Bannon is trying to help Trump have it both ways.

While Trump has said he supports the proposed health care plan and will work for it's passage, Bannon doesn't want Trump associated with a plan that might fail, so he has Breitbart try and put the blame on Ryan. They're already planning for failure and will blame Paul Ryan and not Donald.

Thing is - I don't know that Trump knows or cares about the specifics. He just wants everyone to be happy and for him to get the credit.
Quote:I think Bannon is trying to help Trump have it both ways.

While Trump has said he supports the proposed health care plan and will work for it's passage, Bannon doesn't want Trump associated with a plan that might fail, so he has Breitbart try and put the blame on Ryan. They're already planning for failure and will blame Paul Ryan and not Donald.

Thing is - I don't know that Trump knows or cares about the specifics. He just wants everyone to be happy and for him to get the credit.

It's funny how the Trump people are calling the new health plan "RyanCare."    They're already planning to blame it all on Ryan. 

Of course, the Democrats are calling it "TrumpCare."  They're planning to blame it all on Trump. 

What's the old saying?   Success has a thousand fathers; failure is an orphan.

I'm not quite sure how or why this is considered news since this was actually reported on back in October.  It's not like there was some secret that Ryan wasn't supporting Trump after the audio was released of the ET hot microphone issue from more than 10 years ago. 

There's been a lot of fence mending that's happened since then, primarily because Trump actually won the election and Ryan had no choice.

Ryan's phased approach to rolling back ObamaCare isn't popular with the Breitbart sect, and they're hammering both the speaker and the president as a result.  I suppose it's possible that this disagreement could have played into Breitbart releasing the audio, although again, this was widely reported when it actually happened in October, so I'm not sure what kind of influence they'd think it would have by doing this now.  Yahoo is treating it like some sort of revelation.  It's not.

One wonders if Bannon still has influence over Breitbart and, if so, if he had anything to do with the audio resurfacing.