Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our last Defensive impact player?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When i watch Ware and Miller terrorize Brady the other night it got me thinking, who was the last jag player on defense to have a impact like those two guys??? (I hope Fowler can be one) But I think Brackens was the closest and the last imo...
Pass rusher? Brackens. Mike Peterson and Rashad Mathis were playmakers. Stroud and Henderson impacted games.
Telvin has the potential to be the next.
Mathis.

Dude got a pick (seemingly) every time we needed it for a good part of his career.

lol @ Rashad

Quote:Rashad Mathis

Who?
Here's hoping Telvin, Fowler and whoever (else) they sign at LEO can make some big impact in 2016. 

Telvin already has, but it would loom much larger with help up front.  I also think we'd see a surge in House's INT number if the pressure starts to get home quickly enough. 

Quote:Who?

Victim to auto correct.
Marks, look what happened to our D without the guy
Quote:Marks, look what happened to our D without the guy

Every week I thought we were missing Marks up front. The few games he did play confirmed my assumption his torn ACL was why we could not pressure quarterbacks.

But does that really make him an impact player?
Telvin is an impact player.

He's only scratched the surface.
Quote:Telvin is an impact player.

When he gets below the surface, we will see him do great things. Next season will be exciting for Jacksonville's defense.
Quote:When he gets below the surface, we will see him do great things. Next season will be exciting for Jacksonville's defense.

I agree, JW.

Next year's defense is going to be much improved. If the right pieces are added I would not be surprised to see it improve more than our offense did from 2014 to 2015.
Quote:Telvin is an impact player.

He's managed to make some big plays without the benefit of a pass rush or a run defense, for that matter.

If we can add some pass rushers, a lot of errant throws should ensue, which should put him in better position to make plays.

If we put more teams in obvious passing situations because we are better able to stop the run, he should be in more positions to make plays.
Quote:He's managed to make some big plays without the benefit of a pass rush or a run defense, for that matter.

If we can add some pass rushers, a lot of errant throws should ensue, which should put him in better position to make plays.

If we put more teams in obvious passing situations because we are better able to stop the run, he should be in more positions to make plays.

Well said, Bullseye. I'm in complete agreement.

He was able to make an impact at times despite a lack of a pass rush.

I look forward to seeing how he does with someone like Fowler (if he comes back to his potential) and/or somebody like Myles Jack next to him at LB.

Telvin has the ingredients to be a special player.
I miss the twin towers in the middle! Man they were a force and did Mike Peterson love them because he was able to do whatever he wanted behind them

Derek Cox

Signed,

Alfie

Quote:Marks, look what happened to our D without the guy

Yep. 

Him too. 
Sen'Derrick Marks. I think we are forgetting how good he actually is.
Quote:Sen'Derrick Marks. I think we are forgetting how good he actually is.

Marks was a nightmare for many a guard in 2013. 

Can you imagine third and long with a lightning package of  Marks, Ryan Davis, Olivier Vernon and Fowler getting after the QB? 

Then throw in the old trick of letting Fowler drop in coverage and send the safety blitzing in his gap instead? 

That's got some potential. Fingers crossed. 
Quote:Marks was a nightmare for many a guard in 2013. 
Can you imagine third and long with a lightning package of  Marks, Ryan Davis, Olivier Vernon and Fowler getting after the QB? 

Then throw in the old trick of letting Fowler drop in coverage and send the safety blitzing in his gap instead? 

That's got some potential. Fingers crossed.
Ryan Davis Meh
Pages: 1 2 3